so sexy beast gets to come back and mr. blue doesn't?

Has blue actually gone to the admins, nicely, and asked them to come back for a trial run? I know when Eraz came back for awhile they let him back under the dubs with a "one mistake and you're gone" deal. Blue also keeps coming back onto the forum and mouthing off with identity upon identity, and maybe they are pissed at him because of that. Personally I think that everyone should be given at least a second chance. I know he's been banned multiple times though, I don't know the entire history of Blue. I wouldn't mind seeing him back, I do miss his occasional jabs.

Me theory is that this one comes from the big man himself. I bet Jeff doesn't want Blue to post on the board. I don't think there is any other reason they would be so on it.

i am under no illusions that blue will be knowingly let back in. one of these times, he might just get a new account under the radar. i would just like to know the criteria for allowing banned members back in.

bigpapachunky, by announcing his former identity, is basically making a mockery of the banning policy. is being banned for one thing more permanent than being banned for another?

to be fair, I got my original account banned for calling tito an asshole (which I no longer believe, mods-relax). I just didn't do it to his face

I don't doubt that Jeff told the admins/mods to ban Blue everytime they see him. I mean, Blue pissed off one of the top three heavyweights in the world. He had every right to question the credibility of Josh's fight with Ambriz, it's unfortunate that Josh was so offended and went and told Jeff. I hope blue can get back on the boards one of these days, he was a good poster. Too bad Josh cried, if it had been Rampage being asked if his fight with Otsuka was a work, I'm pretty sure Jackson woulda been game for the flamefest

I don't think Josh cried about it to anyone. I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that most all of the argument happened out in the open and IMO, Josh was more than willing to take on Blue's comments.

Not saying that Blue should have taken it that far, but Josh really did not seem phased by it.

As many threads as have been made about this topic. I really have yet to see any real conclusive anything provided by the Mods about the banning and reinstitution policies. No matter where the thread is placed (Forum Suggestions, OT, MMA) nothing conclusive has been explained, at least that I've seen. Some sort of explanation isn't too much to ask is it?

Okay guys we still don't have the word back about the sexy beast thing.

As for Mr Blue, i have/had a lot of time for the guy as he was a good poster and a funny guy. However with that said he had both eyes open when he posted stuff about Barnett that would have got him banned, he knew the reprecussions. Crowning moment you are what is technically known as a fucking idiot if you think this forum is for talking shit about fighters, there is a difference between questioning a fight barnett had and straight out flaming him.

Also Barnett didn't run to Jeff one of the admins saw what was going on and decided that the line had been crossed. Maybe Blue will be able to come back, maybe he won't but he knew what he was doing so there is no crying for him.

Originally posted by J-Garden
Okay guys we still don't have the word back about the sexy beast thing.

As for Mr Blue, i have/had a lot of time for the guy as he was a good poster and a funny guy. However with that said he had both eyes open when he posted stuff about Barnett that would have got him banned, he knew the reprecussions. Crowning moment you are what is technically known as a fucking idiot if you think this forum is for talking shit about fighters, there is a difference between questioning a fight barnett had and straight out flaming him.

Also Barnett didn't run to Jeff one of the admins saw what was going on and decided that the line had been crossed. Maybe Blue will be able to come back, maybe he won't but he knew what he was doing so there is no crying for him.

I agree, technically, I'm an idiot. But I saw it unfold just like you. Josh was rightfully offended and he chose to get into the argument with Blue. Blue isn't the first person Josh has cussed out on this forum..

When did I ever say fighter bashing was acceptable?

Originally posted by Eikichi.Onizuka
As many threads as have been made about this topic. I really have yet to see any real conclusive anything provided by the Mods about the banning and reinstitution policies. No matter where the thread is placed (Forum Suggestions, OT, MMA) nothing conclusive has been explained, at least that I've seen. Some sort of explanation isn't too much to ask is it?

The policy on posters coming back after being banned is done on an individual basis, there is no absolute criteria for coming back or not. Flaming a fighter in the way Blue did to Barnett may possibly earn him as many bans as it takes for him to get tired of it, another example would be one in Kain's quiz, Submission Maven who hacked the site will never get an invite back. On the other hand there is people like Ujac who got banned for postwhoring and behaving like an ass, he got banned but signed up and sent pms to mods and admins pleading his case well (would you believe) and was decided he could come back as long as he behaved himself, which he has.

Do you see the difference? Maybe the booth's descisions aren't transparent but thats because its a private forum not a democratically elected parliament.

Originally posted by J-Garden
The policy on posters coming back after being banned is done on an individual basis, there is no absolute criteria for coming back or not. Flaming a fighter in the way Blue did to Barnett may possibly earn him as many bans as it takes for him to get tired of it, another example would be one in Kain's quiz, Submission Maven who hacked the site will never get an invite back. On the other hand there is people like Ujac who got banned for postwhoring and behaving like an ass, he got banned but signed up and sent pms to mods and admins pleading his case well (would you believe) and was decided he could come back as long as he behaved himself, which he has.

Do you see the difference? Maybe the booth's descisions aren't transparent but thats because its a private forum not a democratically elected parliament.

Thank you for the response.

The ban policy with regards to people trying to get back on depends on how they got banned and how they responded after the ban. The vast majority would be allowed back in under a new account with their old one being wiped out. If they want back shortly after they were banned their new account is tagged with double yellows, if it's been a few months the cards aren't required.

That said once you're banned for breaking the rules, we're in no way whatsoever obligated to let anyone back in at all. Once you're proven to be an aggressive/harrassing troll or people in the booth are tired of fucking with it that's enough, as is evidenced with Coleman the Ape, RTR, kage, Sunny Silva, Ramrod, the list goes on and on.

My perspective on the Blue/SEXY BEAST situation is cut and dry and a dead horse. Blue was fighter bashing with double yellows and got banned. Barnett never contacted anyone in the booth. Jeff was pissed over the whole situation and commented on the thread that he would have banned him himself if he'd have gotten there first and taken care of the others on the thread who did the same. Icemanfan got the same treatment as Blue. All admins were in unison on his banning, not just Jeff. Fine, I personally would have let him come back in at that point with a new account and double yellows (though I can't speak for the others). Instead he immediately started account after account yucking it up and stating he couldn't be banned, trolling the board under related and obvious pseudonyms for the better part of a week to prove his case and in doing so he burned all his bridges then and there. We'd had the same problem with him in the ask the fighters forum when he was harrassing Enson even after Jeff erased his shit and told him to knock it off, ultimately resulting in his being blocked from the forum.

SEXY BEAST was double yellow carded for three months for pushing the over-the-line avatars along with BigRon. BigRon rode it out and SEXY BEAST eventually posted a gratuitously worded chunk of "Alice in Wonderland" with his doubles and justifiably got the boot for it. I'm not sure who banned him but it makes no difference to me as I was behind it 100%. He's been gone awhile and though he didn't attack the board after he was banned, he did annoy the hell out of some people including those booth. If he stays I don't personally have a problem with it. If whoever banned him thinks he's burned too many bridges here and wants him rebanned, I don't have any problem with that either. Que sera sera.

Back