So Sage's UFC career is a hobby to kill time between midterms..?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
-His dad let him train a couple days at tristar and that was the only semi-legit quality training he had as a mixed marital artist.
your dad's garage is not a legit MMA camp...
-He is studying engineering, which is time consuming.
-If Sage wasn't the freak of nature/lab experiment that he is he would be in a critical health condition by now, if he would have even made it this far.
-Most UFC/Bellator fighters are training at high level well-structured facilities(tristar, jackson's, Cordero's, Rofus, etc... etc...) with BJJ coaches, MT chaoches, a nutritionalist, many sparring partners of various sports, and many other accessible advantages over whatever papa Northcutt thinks he's pulling out his ass...It's ridiculous if you ask me.

Papa northcutt is really holding him back.

As an engineer I would say that If i had to make a choice in his position, I would have dropped school and went all out training and fighting. You can always go back to school if UFC doesn't work out but vice versa doesn't work.

As an engineer I would say that If i had to make a choice in his position, I would have dropped school and went all out training and fighting. You can always go back to school if UFC doesn't work out but vice versa doesn't work.
disagree completely. he can always go to he ufc after he finishes school. hes already one of danas chosen ones and will have a job waiting for him once he decides to fight again. and he could use the time away to work on his skills while he completes school.

I keep pointing this out to people who are hating on Sage myself.

Dude is a student. He isn't a full time fighter. He's 20. How many 20 year old part time fighters could go 3-2 in the UFC?

He isn't any good yet, but if he was he'd be an absolute phenom. He just hasn't dedicated himself enough to the sport to really succeed.

If he starts dedicating himself full time and then struggles, a more pessimistic view would be justified. Right now, people should be more forgiving.

You are right TS. Also I don't see why would anybody hate that kid, but than again it's sherdog.

disagree completely. he can always go to he ufc after he finishes school. hes already one of danas chosen ones and will have a job waiting for him once he decides to fight again. and he could use the time away to work on his skills while he completes school.

Half ass effort wont work. He needs to go all out with this UFC before he gets into late 20s. Engineering school can take more then the usual 4 years. On average it takes 5.5 to 7.5 with coop or internship.

Half ass effort wont work. He needs to go all out with this UFC before he gets into late 20s. Engineering school can take more then the usual 4 years. On average it takes 5.5 to 7.5 with coop or internship.
so he'd be 25. which is prime age. you expect him to go to school in his 30's for engineering? fuck that. get your education while fighting and making money from sponsorships and fighting. hes doing exactly what he should actually.

I'm in structural engineering, IMO it's very difficult to do both because both are hard & very time consuming. If I was him, I'd choose one & focus on that choice.

Oh well, hope he doesn't hurt himself. If anything serious happens to him, his dad should take the blame.
He seems to be having fun though with out any worries on how far it takes him, so whatever.

Sage may be some kind of weirdo Stepford child, but he's clearly not an idiot. He's a good but not great fighter, physical freak, I'm assuming he has a 4.0 at school (no one his age who calls everyone "Mr. [Name], Sir" has less than straight As lol), and soon enough he'll have an engineering degree as well as several UFC wins under his belt.

Having these couple/few losses while he's in his damn early 20s and only training part time is a good thing for him probably, in his specific circumstances. He's getting world-class experience, albeit in bites. These losses will help reset his position in the rankings to something more reasonable so he can have a smoother incline / have a nice streak of wins again before getting thrown into deeper waters.

Once he's done with school, if he starts training full time, by his mid/late 20s he could be a real monster.

How can you hate on an intelligent guy who is studying hard and living his dream by fighting in the biggest MMA org out there?

so he'd be 25. which is prime age. you expect him to go to school in his 30's for engineering? fuck that. get your education while fighting and making money from sponsorships and fighting. hes doing exactly what he should actually.

Nothing wrong with going to school when you are 30 actually. Alot of people do. Mental health that you need for school lasts much longer than physical health. He will actually be smarter mentally at 30. He can even spend the money from fights to pay for school. Vice versa he will be in late 20s having sacrifised his life developing a passion for the industrial world, he wont have that fire you need for fighting or hunger to avhieve greatness. You should stay out of this one son.

Yup, what you see is Sage commiting 15% of his time to MMA. Imagine if he commits full time to MMA. He would become God.

Nothing wrong with going to school when you are 30 actually. Alot of people do. Mental health that you need for school lasts much longer than physical health. He will actually be smarter mentally at 30. He can even spend the money from fights to pay for school. Vice versa he will be in late 20s having sacrifised his life developing a passion for the industrial world, he wont have that fire you need for fighting or hunger to avhieve greatness. You should stay out of this one son.
you sound old. gome home. your drunk

Sage should ditch fighting and put training on the back burner for now. He should focus on getting a proper education for now, and not on getting beat up and out classed in the UFC. Maybe in a couple years after he's done with his education and has received proper training, he can start his journey as a UFC fighter and contender. But right now...I don't want to see him get hurt and his still developing brain get damaged.

I'm an old time hater from way back but if I was Sage I'd finish college then train UFC 100% of the time. He'd only be 22 years old, engineering degree, and still headlining UFC cards.

HOWEVER, he himself did say his goal was to be the youngest UFC champ ever.

Sage sucks as MMA fighter... he should go to college and quit fighting because he aint no fighter.

Back