So Ronda planniong a movie about herself

She really needs to be brought down a peg or two. Nobody in her lousy division can do it, it's just a shame no commission will ever sanction Rousey/Mayweather.

Such resentment/hatred for someone you've never met and has never done anything to you. I suggest you grow up, get out of the basement, and get a life.

Last edited:
You can make a movie about anyone but yeah I mean there is a story there.

She was fucked up and couldnt speak for years

Dad killed himself

Mother was first woman to win worlds in judo as an American

She was first American to win medal in Olympics in judo.

Wasnt she living in her car after the Olympics?

Got into a sport that the biggest org didnt even allow females.

She has first pro fight in 2011, 2 years later she's in UFC, they add a div because of her and 2 years after that she's the biggest star in sport and the face of an entire sport. Is famous, in movies etc.

With some of the shit hollywood makes right now I dont think a movie about her is the worst thing.

Now her being star of the movie given her acting isnt good at this point is a problem. Maybe she's better off acting as herself but we'll see.
There is a story there, drama, she's accomplished alot in her life so far.

wait a few years Ronda and then make a Foxcatcher clone.

what a pathetic loser you are.

Nah, I love my life. Ripped, good looking, make good money, and am happy in general.

I just don't particularly care for overly pretentious people or their nut gobbling fans.

Julia Stiles is too old now but would have been the perfect choice 10 years ago.

Ronda must play the part now. It must be Ronda.

Ronda-mania is running wild.

She is only like 5 years older then Ronda. She actually looks good. Either way, she would play Ronda better then Ronda, and anyone that disagrees is just hating on Ronda and hating on a movie about her. In any event, Ronda should not play herself , its just in bad taste.

I don't see the problem. Typical stuff.

She wrote a book, it's a NYT Best seller and 3 months after the release it's still on the NYT best seller list. A major studio bought the rights to make a movie. Part of that deal to acquire the rights include being given co-producer credits. Also par for the course. And she's starring as herself in a biopic. Also far from uncommon in the movie industry. They did the same with Audie Murphy, Jackie Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Patty Duke, Bob Mathias and Howard Stern.

She's monstrously popular with a built in audience and she's cashing in while the iron is hot. While it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, it's not like she doesn't have enough of a story to make a movie. Hollywood has made movies with far less in terms of material.

And it's not like she's going to be playing herself for significant parts of the movie. She's not going to be playing herself as a child and she probably won't play herself for significant parts of her life as a teenager.

I don't get why people are so worked up about an athlete cashing in. It's not like professional athletes have long windows.

If folks don't want to watch the movie then don't watch it. Hating on an athlete for trying to make some more money is stupid.

Nah, I love my life. Ripped, good looking, make good money, and am happy in general.

I just don't particularly care for overly pretentious people or their nut gobbling fans.

Bet you bang nothing but 10's and bench press over 1000kg aswell.

You sad fuck.

Bet you bang nothing but 10's and bench press over 1000kg aswell.

You sad fuck.

You got me there, everyone with internet access is a fat mommy's basement-dweller.

However once you're over your temper tantrum consider that this is a 28 year old who thinks she's such a gift to humankind that she deserves a movie about herself.

Pretentiousness is a horrible quality. Anyone who would blindly defend such a poor quality shows an extreme lack of character and fortitude. I'd rather live in my mommy's basement than be as subhuman as you.

However once you're over your temper tantrum consider that this is a 28 year old who thinks she's such a gift to humankind that she deserves a movie about herself.

What does "deserve" have to do with anything? The ONLY reason a movie gets made is because a studio with a bunch of money thinks they can make a profit on the project.

As if YOU would turn down an offer to have a movie made about you. Imagine a studio pulls up with huge check in hand and offers to make a movie about your life. I suppose you'll take the high road and say, "No thanks, I don't deserve to have a movie made about me!"

If you're saying that you'd walk away from a truck full of money to have a movie made about your life you're either so rich that you don't care, stupid, or a liar.

Which one are you?

You got me there, everyone with internet access is a fat mommy's basement-dweller.

Pretentiousness is a horrible quality. Anyone who would blindly defend such a poor quality shows an extreme lack of character and fortitude. I'd rather live in my mommy's basement than be as subhuman as you.

I don't think she wrote the book believing her life deserves to be made into a movie. However, if given a lot of money to have said book turned into a movie...then yes, she does believe it should be.

Weird how many posters on here are thinking Ronda was walking around saying, fuck it, I'm gonna make a movie about myself. As if that really fucking happens. She wrote a book about her life. As SO many athletes/musicians/etc do. It's weather the person in question is popular enough at said time (or in history) to make said movie. And the Ronda bandwagon is flying, so some studio gobbled it up.

They don't give a fuck about Ronda in general, but if it costs 10 mil to make a movie about her life, and the movie does 40? Well that is an easy profit, no? Cast Ronda as a lead? Cheap money right there. Built in world wide audience from the sport of MMA? Nice!

I'm not saying she's high and mighty about herself, because honestly, I don't know, I'm not her friend, but I don't get the vibe from her. You apparently must be an expert so I can't argue with ya. Will I watch it? Maybe.

What does "deserve" have to do with anything? The ONLY reason a movie gets made is because a studio with a bunch of money thinks they can make a profit on the project.

As if YOU would turn down an offer to have a movie made about you. Imagine a studio pulls up with huge check in hand and offers to make a movie about your life. I suppose you'll take the high road and say, "No thanks, I don't deserve to have a movie made about me!"

If you're saying that you'd walk away from a truck full of money to have a movie made about your life you're either so rich that you don't care, stupid, or a hypocrite.

Which one are you?

Are you an idiot? Who said shit about a studio? "Ronda is planning a movie about herself".

Are you an idiot? Who said shit about a studio? "Ronda is planning a movie about herself".

Paramount Pictures has secured the rights to Rousey’s New York Times bestselling autobiography “My Fight/Your Fight,” with Rousey playing herself.

Mark Bomback on board to adapt the book, while Mary Parent is producing along with Rousey, with Bomback serving as exec producer.

“It’s a real honor to be a part of bringing Ronda’s incredible story to the bigscreen,” Parent said....

Bomback’s recent credits include “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” and “The Wolverine.” He most recently penned “War of the Planet of the Apes,” due out in 2017. Prior to that, he wrote “Unstoppable.” He is represented by WME and Anonymous Content.

Parent’s recent credits include “Godzilla” and “Pacific Rim.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ronda-rousey-biopic-autobiography-my-fight-your-fight-1201553460/

Sure looks like a studio to me.

More importantly: Who will play Edmond's hair? Or the painting of Edmond next to Ali?

I don't think she wrote the book believing her life deserves to be made into a movie. However, if given a lot of money to have said book turned into a movie...then yes, she does believe it should be.

Weird how many posters on here are thinking Ronda was walking around saying, fuck it, I'm gonna make a movie about myself. As if that really fucking happens. She wrote a book about her life. As SO many athletes/musicians/etc do. It's weather the person in question is popular enough at said time (or in history) to make said movie. And the Ronda bandwagon is flying, so some studio gobbled it up.

They don't give a fuck about Ronda in general, but if it costs 10 mil to make a movie about her life, and the movie does 40? Well that is an easy profit, no? Cast Ronda as a lead? Cheap money right there. Built in world wide audience from the sport of MMA? Nice!

I'm not saying she's high and mighty about herself, because honestly, I don't know, I'm not her friend, but I don't get the vibe from her. You apparently must be an expert so I can't argue with ya. Will I watch it? Maybe.

Fair enough. I think it's pretentious enough to write a book about your life story at age 26-27.

She seems incredibly high-and-mighty about herself. Which is my only issue with her. She's a fantastic talent but fuck she needs to be humbled a bit. Cyborg won't be able to do it off the juice and W135 outside of Ronda is a joke. Rousey can't seem to keep Floyd's name out of her mouth so why not give her what she claims to want?

Fair enough. I think it's pretentious enough to write a book about your life story at age 26-27.

She seems incredibly high-and-mighty about herself. Which is my only issue with her. She's a fantastic talent but fuck she needs to be humbled a bit. Cyborg won't be able to do it off the juice and W135 outside of Ronda is a joke. Rousey can't seem to keep Floyd's name out of her mouth so why not give her what she (claims to) want?

She was approached about writing the book by the publisher. She accepted the offer.

It's not pretentious to accept a bag of money to write a book about yourself. It's called not being stupid.

Back