So Ring Card Dudes Is A Thing Now

jon jones has already done it- albeit in michelle waterson's dreams:

Nice. I lol'd.

UFC needs more AtomWeight women... no, OK, maybe not, but Michelle Waterson is quite pretty for real.

Plus, he might have had to take out a page from Pat Barry's book, but Jon Jones here was funny.
For once he might have actually "gone out and gained some fans".

Well we have a sticky at the top of the page talking about equality... A man should be able to be a... ring boy, if he so desires. It's only fair, right? This is the equality that we all want to see in the world. Right?

Having ring girls is incredibly dated, and ridiculous in my opinion. So to take it to another level and have men doing it as well, is pretty disgusting in my opinion. I'd prefer to see both disappear forever and leave a relic of days past where it should be, IN THE PAST.

Fighting is as old as the beginning of time, so what? Some things are always going to interest people. Seeing as how the UFC has guys fighting in The Octagon for 3 hours wearing very little clothing, the ring girls help balance things out for men in the audience who want to see good looking women. Why are women such a small percentage of UFC fans? Don't they like seeing guys wearing not much clothing fight each other? I know guys like the ring girls. If 99% of the fights being men fighting each other hasn't attracted an equal number of female fans as male fans then why do they think replacing ring girls with guys will help? It's stupid.

It's funny to me.

I would like it if they had UFC fighters volunteer to do the RING Cards for UFC woman fights. But it treads the line of mocking women's MMA.....would still be funny though

ipouqsVS0g4iQ.gif

The perfect response. Well done.

lol i think its funny.

at the end of the day, whether it's a male or female fight, the large majority of viewers will be male though. Ring card holders aren't there to let you know what round it is, to reward fighters after they win a fight, or for any significant purpose other than to keep people entertained between rounds and between bouts.

im sure the idea of ring card boys wont catch on, but it doesnt bother me that someone out there is doin it.

Meh, no fucks given. Seems about as stupid and pointless as ring girls.

Agree. Keep 'em both or get rid of 'em altogether, no fucks given. Especially without Ms. Palmer in the picture.

I think the ringgirl thing is ridiculous. But this is a good play on the concept.

I heard they're bringing in the ring boys to see if they can get more Europeans to watch.

Im all for this. Equality in the workplace.

Men are just as capable of holding a sign IMO.

So you don't mind two (almost naked) dudes getting into a cage together, rolling around on the ground all sweaty laying on each others crotches, but a guy simply carrying a card around the cage between rounds is gay? Hmmmmmmm, interesting.................

So you don't mind two (almost naked) dudes getting into a cage together, rolling around on the ground all sweaty laying on each others crotches, but a guy simply carrying a card around the cage between rounds is gay? Hmmmmmmm, interesting.................

The two ring-boys aren't competing to see who can walk around with a card better.

Makes sense if the crowd is primarily female. That's the reason we have ring card girls, after all.

Back