So Reyes made Jones past his prime

Ideanudge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who's next now? Khabib makes Tony 35 years old, or Israel makes Yoel 42 years old? Take your guesses here.

Your next birthday is going to make you a year older.

Fun fact: Jones actually won the fight despite being past his prime.
Stop listening to the salty haters who can't handle their life if a fighter they dislike wins a close fight.

I'm not a Jones fans by any means, but these people are embarassing themselves.

Reyes wanted it more but Jon Jones has the GOAT fight IQ.

That along with his reach will get him by...for now.

So we are gonna ignore the fact that he had a big struggle in his last fight, too?
Truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Reyes is really good, and Jones is not quite as good as he was a few years ago.

I thought Jones looked past his prime versus Thiago Santos as well. He also couldn't finish a turtled up and gassed Anthony Smith.

Jones also looked very pedestrian in the Gustaffson rematch until he finally got that last takedown.

Reyes arguably beat Jones in a tough, close 5 round fight where Jones undoubtedly won 2 rounds. I'm not sure I would call that Reyes putting Jones past his prime...

I thought Jones looked past his prime versus Thiago Santos as well. He also couldn't finish a turtled up and gassed Anthony Smith.

Jones also looked very pedestrian in the Gustaffson rematch until he finally got that last takedown.
And his OSP match was less than spectacular too. Jones hasn't looked like that dangerous destroyer for a while.

That said, he's been the smarter fighter in every match and his fight IQ and adjustments are what having him still winning fights. Given this detail it is totally possible that Israel can beat him or that Cormier would beat him today.

Not saying probable but definitely possible with today's version of Jones.

Back