so rewatched Gastelum vs Ellenburger some thoughts

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by slyslickNwicked, Jan 14, 2015.

1. slyslickNwicked

slyslickNwicked Brown Belt Platinum Member

so i wanted to make this POST for sherdogers and for people who listen to MMA roasted podcast (which in my opinion is the best and funniest MMA podcast)

so if u listen to their podcast after the fight between Ellenberger vs Gastelum(which was a while ago) they said the Jake needs to wrestle more and needs to stop being a boxer or a striker..My thoughts were Jake did very good in that fight his hands looked sharper than his previous fights and i believe he got a bit careless on the ground givin up the RNC late in the round

at this point Adam the comedian was saying he needs to wrestle more and stop being a striker but inorder to be great a fighter must always improve and evolve and look wat Robbie Lawler has done since his fights in Strikeforce he has been adding new tools to his MMA arsenal look at Mighty Mouse he is always evolving

in order for Jake to be better he needs to add kicks and throw some faints to execute attacks and not be predictable.. credit needs to go to Gastelum cause at 3:28 in the 1st round Jake lands a clean right hook counter that lands solid and Kev just ate the shot. That right hook wouldve K.Od 90% of the WW so we know that Kev has an excellent chin and we know that Jake has some of the best k.o power in WW division

so conclusion just wana say that Adam needs to lay off Jake needs to do this or that..like it was all his fault he did very good he just needs to introduce more variety to his striking cause a lot of the WW takedown D is improving..Moral of the story if youre a wrestler u must evolve or opponents will study you and then you become predictable thats also what happens as the talent of MMA rises

2. Dethrone1989

Dethrone1989 Brown Belt

3. ThePewp

ThePewp Green Belt

/thread.

Autism Rants like this are fun once in a while though, even if incoherent.

4. machidafan99

machidafan99 Silver Belt

gastelum is good but he adds yet another layer of chaos to this division.

5. Black Blood

Black Blood Purple Belt

Jake has been very gun shy since Kampmann.

6. Slobodan

Slobodan Вело ;) Staff Member Senior Moderator

Jake is an MMA fighter who fights in the UFC.

7. DaveHilly

DaveHilly Black Belt

Yea I probably wouldn't put too much stock into the comedian guy's analysis. Dude can't even come up with a new joke. Been making "Hendo is Old" jokes for four years. Never change Adam.

8. Huligani

Huligani Number One Bullshit

9. Sosua

Sosua Yeah nah

Yeah, I think a problem is he may be worried about blowing his wad and getting finished.

Similar outcome against Condit, went bezerk in round one and lost the decision.

Problem is, if he dosnt go bezerk, he looks average at best.