So Punk fanboys. Explain to me how this guy isn't a huge hypocrite.

Exactly. I'm a big fan of CM Punk and wish him the best. But he should NOT be signed to the UFC before he's even started seriously training.

This is a good point. I'll just say this; punk having money and a name affords him the luxery of signing before hr trains. It creates a buzz and unlike other new fighters that have to still work their daily job and train part time at some no name mma gym, he is in a position to pick his gym and train fulltime without having to worry about anything else in life.

I doubt be will be fighting anytime before November 2015

Last edited:
As I had to explain to the pro-wrestling fans in the IWC, Punk said it bothered him that these guys came in and got a top spot after not being there day in and day out like he and others were.

He then gets signed to the UFC and verbally states he expects to be given shit for this very same thing.

That is not hypocrisy, bud.

Stop making sense
This is Sherdog

Seriously, this guy is going to get humiliated by his second opponent, if not the first.
Maybe, maybe not. You and I, nor anyone else knows that. But it will be fun to find out right?

I honestly think that a lot of ufc fans are afraid that he'll do well, effectively calling into question the skill level of mma fighters. Personally, I don't think that's the case if he does well, it just means he has a knack for it, but I do see a lot of unnecessary hate towards him.

That is funny. First was he was the one on the negative side now he is on the positive side f it. They should just have another org so they could build guys like this up an then they fight in UFC. I dont care much though. He isnt Brock, he isnt gonna win a title

lol pretty much how I see.

He is a "can" taking the spot of another "can". The difference between them is he can generate the UFC a lot of money, to where the other jabroni will not garner any attention whatsoever.

I'm not saying I agree with it but I get it.

I don't see what the problem is, if punk doesn't have what it takes, not all the marketing in the world can save him.

People should stop whining, the beautiful thing about the sport is that it takes care of itself

its so tiring hearing about how brutal wrestling is, these guys can make millions and get their body beat up a little or they can work in factorys getting just as beat up and be poor

They generally don't make millions unless they're a select few just like in the UFC. Plus when they start out they generally make nothing with their bodies getting beat up way more than a little.

If you don't know or care about wrestling there's no point in talking about it

I don't follow WWE, so I had no clue about him bitching on Lesnar & Rock.

At the end of the day, you have to blame the companies who hired those guys (him included).

But yes, him accepting is being a hypocrite himself.
You don't do unto others what you don't want done to you.

He is not being a given a title or a spot for just working a couple times a year. He's just being given an opportunity, nothing hypocritical about it

its so tiring hearing about how brutal wrestling is, these guys can make millions and get their body beat up a little or they can work in factorys getting just as beat up and be poor

Working in a factory has the same toll on a body as pro-wrestling???

You are a dolt

I don't follow WWE, so I had no clue about him bitching on Lesnar & Rock.

At the end of the day, you have to blame the companies who hired those guys (him included).

But yes, him accepting is being a hypocrite himself.
You don't do unto others what you don't want done to you.

Try reading the dozen or so post that explained the big differences in the two

The UFC puts shitty fighters on PPV cards all the time. Am I really supposed to give a shit about ONE FUCKING SPOT?

GTFO with that shit.

With your comparison of working in a factory, you clearly don't understand the general premise of the brutality of professional wrestling,

you clearly aren't familiar with the health risks people in most blue collar jobs take just being on a job site let alone working for most of their lives more factory workers are dying from job related injuries than wrestlers so I guess I couldn't give a shit about guys in underwear pretend fighting crying about bad joints while they get paid to live out their dream

You would do the same at your job, he is trying to make a living, can't blaim him.

All humans are hypocrites. Calling CM Punk out on this is hypocrisy in and of itself

Why blame him? It's the UFC that signed him!

This. and regardless why or how hes there, hes still gotta get in there and fight in the next 12 months, i respect anyone who fights infront of a crowd, he's going to have so much pressure on him in the lead up to the fight, the reality is that whoever he fights they will have over twice the experience.
Atleast if he does train at Roufus's gym he will hav HARD sparring to prepare him! lol

TS- Are you really drawing an analogy from a fictional character Punk played on TV to his real life pursuit in competition?

Bitching in the WWE was precisely his Shtick, so no he is not being hypocritical and besides, him leaving wrestling had nothing to do with The Rock and Brock Lesnar "part-timing." Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

If you're upset that the guy is getting a huge spot light put on him in the UFC and a ton of money before other fighters, well too bad. The guy has earned it, and quite frankly is worth whatever money the UFC is paying him. There's a reason why the guy has more twitter followers than the whole UFC roster combined, so clearly the guy has a ton of value.

Quit bitching and enjoy the show.

Last edited:
Well if these points are true then.. He obviously is one :)

you clearly aren't familiar with the health risks people in most blue collar jobs take just being on a job site let alone working for most of their lives more factory workers are dying from job related injuries than wrestlers so I guess I couldn't give a shit about guys in underwear pretend fighting crying about bad joints while they get paid to live out their dream

Show me evidence of these 'statistics'.

The difference is that the UFC roster is a constant work in progress with guys getting cut and new fighters being signed.

The people that Brooks has taken a spot from will still likely be signed by the UFC where as Brooks situation in the WWF is more of a Champion taking a main event spot on a PPV away from another champion. Like if Anderson had a main event spot over Chris Weidman.

Back