So Punk fanboys. Explain to me how this guy isn't a huge hypocrite.

its so tiring hearing about how brutal wrestling is, these guys can make millions and get their body beat up a little or they can work in factorys getting just as beat up and be poor

Can't argue with this. Yes it's tough on your body but pro wrestlers (who make it at least) make bank while living their dream and traveling the world.

I don't hate or love Punk, In fact what I find funny is how many people are getting so worked up about it. Just like any other fighter. The fact that he is a Pro Wrestler and he used that to get in is no different that alot of fighters that use connections to get there foot in the door.

He will either come the the UFC and win or he will come and lose and be cut.

This. People are missing that the UFC functions differently than the WWE even when pro wrestlers are involved. If he can fight, he will be around, if he cannot fight, he will be long gone by this time next year.

If he can fight, the complaints against him are invalid. If he cannot, then the complainers will be satisfied when he is beaten then cut.

I was referring to the person implying that him doing that was bad ass but hey youre probably a wrestling fan, its ok I still like things from my child hood

I just don't cry about it on the internet when someone tells me how gay ninja turtles are

Ninja Turtles has much less homo-erotic tendencies than MMA and MMA has about the same as pro-wrestling.

Your bubble = bursted

It blows my mind that people would order a card they otherwise wouldn't just because he's on it.

To me there is no appeal here whatsoever.

lol pretty much how I see.

He is a "can" taking the spot of another "can". The difference between them is he can generate the UFC a lot of money, to where the other jabroni will not garner any attention whatsoever.

I'm not saying I agree with it but I get it.

Exactly, and besides most new fighters start as cans that have to prove otherwise.

How often do we see a ranked fighter up against an unranked nobody? He's stealing that guys spot?

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the ufc isn't about the fights, the fighters of the integrity of the sport. They are about selling fights and will do almost anything to do so. If they were about integrity, they would have missed stringent drug testing, not have signed guys like kimbo, or James fucking toney. Brock lesner wouldn't have gotten a title shot. Nor would fighters like shields, okami and Fitch have been cut. Another example is that mcgoat is getting a title shot by beating Denis silver...... Hell chael sonnen talked his way into a title shot in a division he didn't fight in. Why? Because they thought it would sell.

People need to realize that this whole thing is just par for the course.

Exactly, and besides most new fighters start as cans that have to prove otherwise.

How often do we see a ranked fighter up against an unranked nobody? He's stealing that guys spot?

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the ufc isn't about the fights, the fighters of the integrity of the sport. They are about selling fights and will do almost anything to do so. If they were about integrity, they would have missed stringent drug testing, not have signed guys like kimbo, or James fucking toney. Brock lesner wouldn't have gotten a title shot. Nor would fighters like shields, okami and Fitch have been cut. Another example is that mcgoat is getting a title shot by beating Denis silver...... Hell chael sonnen talked his way into a title shot in a division he didn't fight in. Why? Because they thought it would sell.

That would be giving the majority of Sherdog posters way more credit than they deserve.

I don't follow WWE, so I had no clue about him bitching on Lesnar & Rock.

At the end of the day, you have to blame the companies who hired those guys (him included).

But yes, him accepting is being a hypocrite himself.
You don't do unto others what you don't want done to you.

I'm not gonna lie. The Q & A was entertaining. However, there was one point where he was asked about jumping right into the UFC and taking the spot from other guys who have to go the long road to enter the UFC. After struggling to find a reason to justify this, Punks answer to this question was that him coming into the UFC would benefit the fighters because of the money he's going to bring to the company.

Now, for people who don't follow wrestling and have no interest in it. CM Punk is well known for his bitching behind the scenes about former part time wrestlers like The Rock and Brock Lensar coming into the WWE and taking up spots from other up and coming wrestlers on the roster. This includes himself because he was temporarily pushed out of the spotlight and main event scene because of their returns. He bitched despite the fact that their presence brought $$$ to the company.

Now, let's not kid ourselves here. Punk is going to be on the PPV main card which is taking the spot away from someone else who worked hard to get to this point. Please Punk fans, tell me how he is not being hypocritical here? If I'm missing something please tell me.

He complained about part timers hopping in and bailing and doing it for the money. Punk isnt doing MMA for the money he is going into it with full concentration set into being a professional fighter. He's not just doing this for publicity or money. He's doing it to challenge himself and follow a new passion.

While I agree 100% with what you said above, the part I marked in yellow made me wonder if you missed the point.
Yes, a ranked fighter mot of the time won't fight against an unranked nobody. But the point is that two unranked should not be in the main card at a PPV event. And in this case, Punk and the other unranked nobody will be taking place from ranked guys on a main event PPV card.

He complained about part timers hopping in and bailing and doing it for the money. Punk isnt doing MMA for the money he is going into it with full concentration set into being a professional fighter. He's not just doing this for publicity or money. He's doing it to challenge himself and follow a new passion.

It doesn't matter why he does it. He is a former pro wrestler and that means he is just a fake fighter and blah blah blah.

Anyone know how much Punk's contract is for?

They CAN'T explain it - at least with any rational thought (rational thought and pro-wrasslin' fans don't mix at all).

While I agree 100% with what you said above, the part I marked in yellow made me wonder if you missed the point.
Yes, a ranked fighter mot of the time won't fight against an unranked nobody. But the point is that two unranked should not be in the main card at a PPV event. And in this case, Punk and the other unranked nobody will be taking place from ranked guys on a main event PPV card.

But they are. There are too many shows a year now to have ranked guys on every main card. Also, depending on the division, even some ranked guys aren't elite.

So no, I don't miss the point.

I'm not opposed to two unranked guys on a main card, that's how new stars are made. Ppl need to stop acting like punk being unranked and fighting another unranked guy on a main card is new. The difference is, instead of both Guys being unknown, one is famous.

Edit: I didn't see the part about taking a spot away from a ranked guy. But I'll use the same logic. There are too many shows and not enough ranked fighters to fill every spot, hence why unranked guys are already on main cards. Also, I would rather watch a close match instead of a high ranked fighter beat up a dude that doesn't belong in the cafe with him.

Last edited:
He complained of part timers in WWE yet is good friends with all those part timers. His contempt was with the brass who thought it was a good idea. He's not going to say it obviously but anyone who disagrees with it should direct it at Dana and not the fighter himself.

its so tiring hearing about how brutal wrestling is, these guys can make millions and get their body beat up a little or they can work in factorys getting just as beat up and be poor

With your comparison of working in a factory, you clearly don't understand the general premise of the brutality of professional wrestling,

It is funny that it's the catalyst for him hating the WWE (along with other things obviously) and then he goes and does the same shit to someone else lol.

Punk is gonna get crushed most likely so whatever it'll be funny when he finally fights.

I'm not gonna lie. The Q & A was entertaining. However, there was one point where he was asked about jumping right into the UFC and taking the spot from other guys who have to go the long road to enter the UFC. After struggling to find a reason to justify this, Punks answer to this question was that him coming into the UFC would benefit the fighters because of the money he's going to bring to the company.

Now, for people who don't follow wrestling and have no interest in it. CM Punk is well known for his bitching behind the scenes about former part time wrestlers like The Rock and Brock Lensar coming into the WWE and taking up spots from other up and coming wrestlers on the roster. This includes himself because he was temporarily pushed out of the spotlight and main event scene because of their returns. He bitched despite the fact that their presence brought $$$ to the company.

Now, let's not kid ourselves here. Punk is going to be on the PPV main card which is taking the spot away from someone else who worked hard to get to this point. Please Punk fans, tell me how he is not being hypocritical here? If I'm missing something please tell me.

who gives a fuk? you sound like a WWE fanboy.

Back