So Punk fanboys. Explain to me how this guy isn't a huge hypocrite.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Theproof, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Mr. Hammer

Mr. Hammer Silver Belt

Can't argue with this. Yes it's tough on your body but pro wrestlers (who make it at least) make bank while living their dream and traveling the world.

2. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

This. People are missing that the UFC functions differently than the WWE even when pro wrestlers are involved. If he can fight, he will be around, if he cannot fight, he will be long gone by this time next year.

If he can fight, the complaints against him are invalid. If he cannot, then the complainers will be satisfied when he is beaten then cut.

3. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

Ninja Turtles has much less homo-erotic tendencies than MMA and MMA has about the same as pro-wrestling.

Your bubble = bursted

4. Zen82

Zen82 Orange Belt

It blows my mind that people would order a card they otherwise wouldn't just because he's on it.

To me there is no appeal here whatsoever.

5. forzaitalia

forzaitalia Brown Belt

Exactly, and besides most new fighters start as cans that have to prove otherwise.

How often do we see a ranked fighter up against an unranked nobody? He's stealing that guys spot?

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the ufc isn't about the fights, the fighters of the integrity of the sport. They are about selling fights and will do almost anything to do so. If they were about integrity, they would have missed stringent drug testing, not have signed guys like kimbo, or James fucking toney. Brock lesner wouldn't have gotten a title shot. Nor would fighters like shields, okami and Fitch have been cut. Another example is that mcgoat is getting a title shot by beating Denis silver...... Hell chael sonnen talked his way into a title shot in a division he didn't fight in. Why? Because they thought it would sell.

People need to realize that this whole thing is just par for the course.

6. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

That would be giving the majority of Sherdog posters way more credit than they deserve.

7. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

I don't follow WWE, so I had no clue about him bitching on Lesnar & Rock.

At the end of the day, you have to blame the companies who hired those guys (him included).

But yes, him accepting is being a hypocrite himself.
    You don't do unto others what you don't want done to you.

8. Sac423

Sac423 Brown Belt

He complained about part timers hopping in and bailing and doing it for the money. Punk isnt doing MMA for the money he is going into it with full concentration set into being a professional fighter. He's not just doing this for publicity or money. He's doing it to challenge himself and follow a new passion.

9. forzaitalia

forzaitalia Brown Belt

One can always hope.........:icon_sad:

10. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

While I agree 100% with what you said above, the part I marked in yellow made me wonder if you missed the point.
    Yes, a ranked fighter mot of the time won't fight against an unranked nobody. But the point is that two unranked should not be in the main card at a PPV event. And in this case, Punk and the other unranked nobody will be taking place from ranked guys on a main event PPV card.

11. forzaitalia

forzaitalia Brown Belt

It doesn't matter why he does it. He is a former pro wrestler and that means he is just a fake fighter and blah blah blah.

12. Zen82

Zen82 Orange Belt

Anyone know how much Punk's contract is for?

13. I Hate You

I Hate You _________________

They CAN'T explain it - at least with any rational thought (rational thought and pro-wrasslin' fans don't mix at all).

14. forzaitalia

forzaitalia Brown Belt

But they are. There are too many shows a year now to have ranked guys on every main card. Also, depending on the division, even some ranked guys aren't elite.

So no, I don't miss the point.

I'm not opposed to two unranked guys on a main card, that's how new stars are made. Ppl need to stop acting like punk being unranked and fighting another unranked guy on a main card is new. The difference is, instead of both Guys being unknown, one is famous.

Edit: I didn't see the part about taking a spot away from a ranked guy. But I'll use the same logic. There are too many shows and not enough ranked fighters to fill every spot, hence why unranked guys are already on main cards. Also, I would rather watch a close match instead of a high ranked fighter beat up a dude that doesn't belong in the cafe with him.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  15. Bookerman

Bookerman Green Belt

He complained of part timers in WWE yet is good friends with all those part timers. His contempt was with the brass who thought it was a good idea. He's not going to say it obviously but anyone who disagrees with it should direct it at Dana and not the fighter himself.

16. emperor

emperor Red Belt

Exactly. I'm a big fan of CM Punk and wish him the best. But he should NOT be signed to the UFC before he's even started seriously training.

17. Darius0995

Darius0995 White Belt

With your comparison of working in a factory, you clearly don't understand the general premise of the brutality of professional wrestling,

18. FootstompShonie

FootstompShonie Silver Belt

It is funny that it's the catalyst for him hating the WWE (along with other things obviously) and then he goes and does the same shit to someone else lol.

Punk is gonna get crushed most likely so whatever it'll be funny when he finally fights.

19. IK00PA

IK00PA Green Belt

who gives a fuk? you sound like a WWE fanboy.

20. Edgar Allan Hoe

Edgar Allan Hoe Black Belt

Seriously, this guy is going to get humiliated by his second opponent, if not the first.