So Punk fanboys. Explain to me how this guy isn't a huge hypocrite.

[YT]eBlNnJlgu8w[/YT]

Best thing he ever did was challenge that tard to a fight. And ftr I don't like either one of 'em, at all.

Big difference.

A guy like Brock Lesnar came WWE and got everything without working as hard as other young wrestlers to do it every week.

Cm Punk is starting MMA from the bottom, he wont get a title
shot on his first fight, he will be just another amateur.

Hypocrisy?

Good to know amateurs start on PPV.

People usually bitch and complain when things don't happen like they want them to. You could probably call anyone a hypocrite at some point in life. The Earth keeps spinning though.

this. The TS makes a good argument, but even if it is correct it's not like Punk is just going to say "Oh damn, good point. I am being a hypocrite aren't I? Never mind UFC, peace out!"

Yeah I hear from WWE fans this guy cried and whined about everyone but especially those that would just come in and get the spotlight. Hilarious. He took his ball and went home partly because of that. Also his title run and promotion by WWE started right after the Benoit roid scandal. He happened to be there at the time, is skinny and claims a clean lifestyle. LOL that's all it took for him to get his "world" title. Being skinny & in the WWE after a roider killed his family.

Why do people begin with "im not gonna lie"? A verbal fad that I was sure was dying off. And yes, you could still be lying.

That said, getting tired of the punk talk. Hes not as clever as chael so im not seeing this entertainment people speak of and for Christ's sake, pen a fight already. We've already heard you have no experience, youre always gonna be a white belt, youre older but cant wait for this opportunity. Jesus guy just get on with it already.

It means the same as "I'll admit..." in that you want to convey that what you're about to say goes against your principles or what you'd want to think. Like this poster didn't want to find CM Punks Q&A entertaining, but he did, and he's not gonna lie about it, although the lie would be more in line with his preferred persona. It's called an expression. It's a standard part of communication. The world would be a pretty bland place if every piece of writing was formulated as a military report, no?

Regarding CM Punk he will certainly bring in money, although I'm hard pressed to believe it will increase the average fighter salary. Most will probably go into his and the owners pocket, and the drawback is that it undermines the percived legitimacy of the UFC as the major league of MMA. Still he seems like a nice guy, very humble and well spoken.

I'm not gonna lie. The Q & A was entertaining. However, there was one point where he was asked about jumping right into the UFC and taking the spot from other guys who have to go the long road to enter the UFC. After struggling to find a reason to justify this, Punks answer to this question was that him coming into the UFC would benefit the fighters because of the money he's going to bring to the company.

Now, for people who don't follow wrestling and have no interest in it. CM Punk is well known for his bitching behind the scenes about former part time wrestlers like The Rock and Brock Lensar coming into the WWE and taking up spots from other up and coming wrestlers on the roster. This includes himself because he was temporarily pushed out of the spotlight and main event scene because of their returns. He bitched despite the fact that their presence brought $$$ to the company.

Now, let's not kid ourselves here. Punk is going to be on the PPV main card which is taking the spot away from someone else who worked hard to get to this point. Please Punk fans, tell me how he is not being hypocritical here? If I'm missing something please tell me.

As I had to explain to the pro-wrestling fans in the IWC, Punk said it bothered him that these guys came in and got a top spot after not being there day in and day out like he and others were.

He then gets signed to the UFC and verbally states he expects to be given shit for this very same thing.

That is not hypocrisy, bud.

WWE does 300 shows a year, Punk complains about guys that come in for two shows a year snatching up the majority of the purse and ppv cut for the big four (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summer Slam, Survivor Series)

With that said, Punk is right. He will bring more eyes, and more money, to a company that saw a 40% reduction in profits last year.

2015 is a a step backward:
Remove out of competition testing.
Bring in the pro wrestlers.

But that is good for business, but not the sport.

I don't see the issue with Punk getting a PPV opener when most of those cards these days have WMMA and other nobodies who are undeserving of being on the main card. Use 177 as a reference for this.

The ufc has 500 fighters, let's not pretend that the majority of them are elite. He took the spot of someone that beat up a few part time fighters on a regional circuit? Oh no!

Look, he isn't taking anything from anyone, the only way that would be true is if they gave him a title fight right away.

And there is a big difference between punk coming in and taking the spot of a cody McKenzie level fighter and Brock and the rock going back to the wwe and headlining the biggest shows.

With 500 fighters, it's not exactly the same as qualifying for the world cup, where it's an accomplishment to do so. For fuck sake, a coffee barista was a co-mainevent, but you know that dude had a 4-0 record and wasn't a pro wrestler, so that's cool.

The finer details of both situations aren't parallel. For instance, working all year round. Professional Wrestling is most brutal on the body and mind. Ultimately, WWE had the star power there - primarily Punk. How much star power does the UFC have - for every card.. really?

This is good business for all involved. Punk's my favourite wrestler - and I hope I one day get to see him wrestle again. I wish him all the success in the UFC, I think he'll surprise a few people.

The ufc has 500 fighters, let's not pretend that the majority of them are elite. He took the spot of someone that beat up a few part time fighters on a regional circuit? Oh no!

Look, he isn't taking anything from anyone, the only way that would be true is if they gave him a title fight right away.

And there is a big difference between punk coming in and taking the spot of a cody McKenzie level fighter and Brock and the rock going back to the wwe and headlining the biggest shows.

With 500 fighters, it's not exactly the same as qualifying for the world cup, where it's an accomplishment to do so. For fuck sake, a coffee barista was a co-mainevent, but you know that dude had a 4-0 record and wasn't a pro wrestler, so that's cool.

lol pretty much how I see.

He is a "can" taking the spot of another "can". The difference between them is he can generate the UFC a lot of money, to where the other jabroni will not garner any attention whatsoever.

I'm not saying I agree with it but I get it.

[YT]eBlNnJlgu8w[/YT]

Best thing he ever did was challenge that tard to a fight. And ftr I don't like either one of 'em, at all.

what a badass a grown man with no experience in fisticuffs threatening another grown man

the age and intelligence of cm punks fans is really showing this guy isn't going to talk enough silly childish bullshit to compensate for the fact that hes a 36 year old not sure how hes going to react to a full day in the gym or getting punched in the face

what a badass a grown man with no experience in fisticuffs threatening another grown man

the age and intelligence of cm punks fans is really showing this guy isn't going to talk enough silly childish bullshit to compensate for the fact that hes a 36 year old not sure how hes going to react to a full day in the gym or getting punched in the face

Says the assumed "Grown ass man" sitting behind his keyboard shitting on another adult for choices they made in their life and accomplishments they have.

Grats, bud!

The finer details of both situations aren't parallel. For instance, working all year round. Professional Wrestling is most brutal on the body and mind. Ultimately, WWE had the star power there - primarily Punk. How much star power does the UFC have - for every card.. really?

This is good business for all involved. Punk's my favourite wrestler - and I hope I one day get to see him wrestle again. I wish him all the success in the UFC, I think he'll surprise a few people.

its so tiring hearing about how brutal wrestling is, these guys can make millions and get their body beat up a little or they can work in factorys getting just as beat up and be poor

Why should CM Punk give two flying fucks if he leapfrogged someone for a spot on a UFC card? Maybe the people he's "leapfrogging" should have put in the time and effort into being as popular as he is.

Says the assumed "Grown ass man" sitting behind his keyboard shitting on another adult for choices they made in their life and accomplishments they have.

Grats, bud!

I was referring to the person implying that him doing that was bad ass but hey youre probably a wrestling fan, its ok I still like things from my child hood

I just don't cry about it on the internet when someone tells me how gay ninja turtles are

Back