So Punk fanboys. Explain to me how this guy isn't a huge hypocrite.

theres about 12,000 fighters signed in the ufc, and they keep adding more everyday. hes not taking anyones spot. if theres any fighters bitter they cant get in the ufc, cm punk is not why you cant get in.

More like 567, but your point is still valid. If you are good enough you will fight in the UFC. Unless you are a special case like Fedor, Askren, etc.

The OP wasn't about why Punk's entry into the UFC will or will not be successful. It opined that he is creating the exact environment for daily-grinding UFC fighters that he complained about and eventually quit over in WWE. I never thought I'd follow "rasslin'" but my kid loves it and we watch it together. He prefers MMA (good boy!). He was a huge Punk fan so I followed it with him.

Yes, Punk has tons of dough.

Yes, he will bring in $$ to the UFC and indirectly to other fighters.

Yes, the UFC and Punk have every right to do this.

Yes, the OP was exactly correct. He is doing to others as others did to him. Brock and co were taking PPV and Wrestlemania main events from daily RAW regulars.

Yes, he bitched and moaned about it publicly and quit at least partially because of it.

And Yes, the first real, experienced fighter he faces will beat the shit out of him.

The OP wasn't about why Punk's entry into the UFC will or will not be successful. It opined that he is creating the exact environment for daily-grinding UFC fighters that he complained about and eventually quit over in WWE. I never thought I'd follow "rasslin'" but my kid loves it and we watch it together. He prefers MMA (good boy!). He was a huge Punk fan so I followed it with him.

Yes, the OP was exactly correct. He is doing to others as others did to him.

Yes, he bitched and moaned about it publicly and quit at least partially because of it.

And Yes, the first real, experienced fighter he faces will beat the shit out of him.

And everyone already knows this. In business people get stepped on, stepped over, they backstab and they are HYPOCRITES. Does that make me any less of a punk fan? No it doesn't. I just don't see the point of this thread.

People usually bitch and complain when things don't happen like they want them to. You could probably call anyone a hypocrite at some point in life. The Earth keeps spinning though.

Big difference.

A guy like Brock Lesnar came WWE and got everything without working as hard as other young wrestlers to do it every week.

Cm Punk is starting MMA from the bottom, he wont get a title
shot on his first fight, he will be just another amateur.

Hypocrisy?

Big difference.

A guy like Brock Lesnar came WWE and got everything without working as hard as other young wrestlers to do it every week.

Hypocrisy?

Say what? Amateur in the UFC?

He's not a hypocrite because in the WWE, no matter how hard you work or how talented you are or the money you draw, your success and status is determined by someone else.

In the UFC, punk is not getting handed anything but an opportunity. He won't get titles like Rock or Lesnar by showing up every once in awhile to work.

Punk will be gone in quick fashion. He doesn't have any skills and will get brutalized against anybody who doesn't follow a WWE fight script. He will be gone quicker than Brock.

I liked Brock though and wish he would come back. He could actually compete with a lot of the guys on the roster because he had skill and power while Punk has NONE of those things.

Interesting point TS. I guess the main difference is that, in theory, Punk is fully committing to this being a full time thing for him. He wants to be here for the duration.

Part of his complaint in the WWE was that these guys were coming in and then leaving. If they were going to stick around it would be different. But they effectively came in for one show, he had to lose to them, and then they left. So even though the company got the shot in the arm that they wanted there was no long term program and his value went down.

Yes, the OP was exactly correct. He is doing to others as others did to him. Brock and co were taking PPV and Wrestlemania main events from daily RAW regulars.

But he's not taking any opportunities away from anyone. The people who weren't in the main or co main events wouldn't be there if punk wasn't around

I'm not gonna lie. The Q & A was entertaining. However, there was one point where he was asked about jumping right into the UFC and taking the spot from other guys who have to go the long road to enter the UFC. After struggling to find a reason to justify this, Punks answer to this question was that him coming into the UFC would benefit the fighters because of the money he's going to bring to the company.

Now, for people who don't follow wrestling and have no interest in it. CM Punk is well known for his bitching behind the scenes about former part time wrestlers like The Rock and Brock Lensar coming into the WWE and taking up spots from other up and coming wrestlers on the roster. This includes himself because he was temporarily pushed out of the spotlight and main event scene because of their returns. He bitched despite the fact that their presence brought $$$ to the company.

Now, let's not kid ourselves here. Punk is going to be on the PPV main card which is taking the spot away from someone else who worked hard to get to this point. Please Punk fans, tell me how he is not being hypocritical here? If I'm missing something please tell me.

Punk actually complained about Rocky, as a part-timer, coming in and main eventing WrestleMania 28 when he hadn't wrestled in years and while Punk was the company's champion (meaning Punk vs. Jericho wasn't the main event, despite being the title match). Then he complained about Rocky getting the belt put on him 10ish months later - going over Punk to get it - despite not having wrestled since WM 28, then going on to headline WM29 in a repeat of the year before.

Comparing one random UFC event - one of which recently featured Shayna Baszler on PPV - to who gets to headline WrestleMania is intellectually dishonest. The UFC puts on tons of cards. Nobody is having a spot taken from them by Punk appearing on one card, because there will likely be two other cards that month. The same can't be said for a wrestler who gets bumped from WM. Had Rocky come in to co-main event a Survivor Series card on which Punk was headlining, I doubt he'd have complained.

Edit: Well, he'd have likely found something else to complain about, because he's a complainer, but it wouldn't have been that.

no athletic commission would sanction a fight between an average person without any fighting experience against a professional mma champion

I disagree even with your first sentence. He was indeed asked related things to his signing and the long road it takes others, he very clearly stated that he understood the hate, etc. I'm not going to bash on the guy for wanting a shot at something new and having Dana pay him money for it. Bash Dana instead.

I'm not gonna lie. The Q & A was entertaining. However, there was one point where he was asked about jumping right into the UFC and taking the spot from other guys who have to go the long road to enter the UFC. After struggling to find a reason to justify this, Punks answer to this question was that him coming into the UFC would benefit the fighters because of the money he's going to bring to the company.

Now, for people who don't follow wrestling and have no interest in it. CM Punk is well known for his bitching behind the scenes about former part time wrestlers like The Rock and Brock Lensar coming into the WWE and taking up spots from other up and coming wrestlers on the roster. This includes himself because he was temporarily pushed out of the spotlight and main event scene because of their returns. He bitched despite the fact that their presence brought $$$ to the company.

Now, let's not kid ourselves here. Punk is going to be on the PPV main card which is taking the spot away from someone else who worked hard to get to this point. Please Punk fans, tell me how he is not being hypocritical here? If I'm missing something please tell me.

Why do people begin with "im not gonna lie"? A verbal fad that I was sure was dying off. And yes, you could still be lying.

That said, getting tired of the punk talk. Hes not as clever as chael so im not seeing this entertainment people speak of and for Christ's sake, pen a fight already. We've already heard you have no experience, youre always gonna be a white belt, youre older but cant wait for this opportunity. Jesus guy just get on with it already.

cm_punk_gif_by_cool119-d4i3j61.jpg

Why does he wear socks with X's on his hands? Is this a Mankind tribute?

I disagree even with your first sentence. He was indeed asked related things to his signing and the long road it takes others, he very clearly stated that he understood the hate, etc. I'm not going to bash on the guy for wanting a shot at something new and having Dana pay him money for it. Bash Dana instead.

A lot of us have been saying it is Dana that has been the problem.

^^^ He hasn't trained MMA. He really needs some time to prepare.

Most people are hypocrites. I've realized this as my friends have aged and now look down on people for the same shit they did only a few years prior.

You've just inadvertently described most of the Jon Jones hate threads on here. Most human beings are hypocrites.

Back