So Punk fanboys. Explain to me how this guy isn't a huge hypocrite.

Theproof

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie. The Q & A was entertaining. However, there was one point where he was asked about jumping right into the UFC and taking the spot from other guys who have to go the long road to enter the UFC. After struggling to find a reason to justify this, Punks answer to this question was that him coming into the UFC would benefit the fighters because of the money he's going to bring to the company.

Now, for people who don't follow wrestling and have no interest in it. CM Punk is well known for his bitching behind the scenes about former part time wrestlers like The Rock and Brock Lensar coming into the WWE and taking up spots from other up and coming wrestlers on the roster. This includes himself because he was temporarily pushed out of the spotlight and main event scene because of their returns. He bitched despite the fact that their presence brought $$$ to the company.

Now, let's not kid ourselves here. Punk is going to be on the PPV main card which is taking the spot away from someone else who worked hard to get to this point. Please Punk fans, tell me how he is not being hypocritical here? If I'm missing something please tell me.

Why blame him? It's the UFC that signed him!

Exactly the type of response I expected from a WWE/Shertard fanboy.

cm_punk_gif_by_cool119-d4i3j61.jpg

Most people are hypocrites. I've realized this as my friends have aged and now look down on people for the same shit they did only a few years prior.

Its actually a pretty good point, TS.

He complained about something for so long and then did the exact same thing to others.

I put the blame on the UFC more than I do him though. I like him as a person and hope he does well... Its just a joke or a situation.

Phil Brooks (that's his name) had issues with guys like The Rock coming in and fighting 5 nights a year while also being handed the title on a platter while mid carders were on the road 300 nights a year only to wrestle in dark matches.

The difference? His issue was with the scripting. The superstars and jobbers of WWE are not necessarily decided on performance alone. In the UFC, if you win on your own, you succeed. Title shots are seldom granted because of how popular you are. Kimbo was one of the hottest names in MMA history (albeit for a short period of time), and look how long it took Dana to let him go. Point being, if Brooks comes in and loses his first 3 fights, there's little chance he'll be around for a 4th fight.

Nothing he has said or done has been hypocritical. He's a well spoken and intelligent guy who simply wants to get in the octagon. He is one of the hardest workers in WWE history, and I think that work ethic will absolutely transition into mixed martial arts. His base jiu-jitsu will go further than people will give him credit for. Gracie had absolutely nothing but great things to say about him. In regards to his attitude, skill, and hard work. That's a great combination to have in this sport.

Its actually a pretty good point, TS.

He complained about something for so long and then did the exact same thing to others.

Exactly. But I guess I'm just supposed to let this pass because OMG!!! He's CM PUNK!!!

well he didnt complain about lets say people with barely any wrestling experience who came into wwe because their famous (there were a few). He complains about the part time Wrestlers who only show up once every few months and take ppv spots (The Rock, Brock Lesnar...)

Also its not like him joining UFC took any1 elses UFC Spot. If the UFC didnt sign him, they wouldnt of had a different mindset and signed some1 else who isnt famous but is a great fighter.

I hope i was able to explain myself.

There's no great ethical or morally correct argument to be made. It's blatent what's going on. UFC wants to make money and atttract those wrestlng fans over, CM Punk wants to prove a point to himself before he gets too old. The arrangement suits them both. There's not much else that needs to be said on it.

If you don't like it, are you going to refuse to buy the PPV? I doubt it because there will probably be fighters worth watching on that same card. Maybe he'll never even fight and the publicity UFC has gotten from it thus far will be worth it for both parties.

Get over it, the UFC isn

that fighter that lost his place to cm punk? - I care about him as much as I care about cm punk.

I don't hate or love Punk, In fact what I find funny is how many people are getting so worked up about it. Just like any other fighter. The fact that he is a Pro Wrestler and he used that to get in is no different that alot of fighters that use connections to get there foot in the door.

He will either come the the UFC and win or he will come and lose and be cut.

Back