So PED accusations and insults are bannable but joking about suicides isn't?

really? the ufc even made that stupid video with some stars hyping her and some shit. she was going to a lot of these stupid talk shows in the US that are pretty big. she certainly felt the queen of the world (and all her talk about beating up cain or some shit, at that point i thought she was just joking, but she just seems a bit insane)

about losing in the worst way ever, having tons of people hating you (i know, a lot of random people in there, but sheems to be one to care about them), no family to back her up (batshit crazy mom, dead father [suicide btw], only a little sister and those 4 horsewomen. wouldnt count browne, haha)

Maybe. But I still believe she lost all the crebility when it comes to wanting people to talk about her and symphatize her.

"Once,I was adored too."

Yeah suicide is only funny to the ignorant.

I believe it is now the biggest killer amongst
What makes you say that? At the end of the day,A UFC title isn't prestigious enough to have suicidal thoughts after losing it

Hell,over 99 percent of the people in the world probably doesn't even know what UFC or UFC title is.And the fact that she is making half mil per fight makes everything better. She still does.

So what should she supposed to be depressed about ? People saw her getting KOd? I say bullshit. A person with such a weak mind shouldn't be a fighter in the first place anyway

Plus,its not like Rousey never done anything just to get some attention before.

This was her masterpiece.

People can be depressed about everything and anything. You don't have to reach a certain level of tragedy before you become depressed, anxious or suicidal.

People don't develop the same, identical coping mechanisms, because people have different chemical imbalances in the brain. It is beyond people's control if they don't have the right guidance.

There's a reason billions is being invested into mental health organisations. Also being the biggest killer amongst white males, it should never be taken as just a plea for attention. That attitude is medieval, but all too common.

I never understood why suicide jokes were off limits. I think someone just said it was offensive one day and everyone just went along with it. I grew up telling people to kill themselves. "Benoit yourself" was one of my favorite lines.
It was always offensive. You just grew up.

Don't blame the moderators, they are running in fear. They're not sure what to do. As I said before, this intense hatred of Ronda is now a movement. Characterized by a fanatical belief in their message, they liken themselves to a super hero that is bringing justice and order to the world. They can't be reasoned with, they don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Sorry, but there is a specific rule against fighter bashing, including insults.
If saying "John is an asshole, he should go die in a car accident" gets you carded.
But "John is an asshole, he should commit suicide" doesn't.

There is an obvious inconsistency in the rules.

Both of those posts are Infraction worthy. Whether or not it gets seen by a Mod/Reported is another story.

Yeah suicide is only funny to the ignorant.

I believe it is now the biggest killer amongst

People can be depressed about everything and anything. You don't have to reach a certain level of tragedy before you become depressed, anxious or suicidal.

People don't develop the same, identical coping mechanisms, because people have different chemical imbalances in the brain. It is beyond people's control if they don't have the right guidance.

There's a reason billions is being invested into mental health organisations. Also being the biggest killer amongst white males, it should never be taken as just a plea for attention. That attitude is medieval, but all too common.
You acting like suicide is such a bad thing could be seen as medieval too. You have to admit, for some people, life and/or living just sucks and it will never get better ever. If they want out, that's on them. Who are we to say, "things aren't so bad" or "life gets better" when we often objectively know how bad things can get for people.

With all of the suicide talk going on it hard for every mod to see every post.

If you joke about suicide, it could be considered offensive to some, as stated by some posters in this thread. If it's an offensive post, it's infraction worthy. People don't report a lot of these posts because they're bored.

Also, it goes without saying, if you tell someone to kill themselves or make jokes about how they should kill themselves, it's clearly a personal attack which is against the rules.

I don't hope anyone commits suicide...I just couldn't give a rats ass if they do.

"About a fighter comitting suicide" ?

I assure you this,Ronda Rousey didn't committed suicide(obviously) and she never thought about comitting suicide.

Can it be more obvious? Do you guys really buy that story told on Ellen to get some attention?

You are supposed to feel sorry for her now,thats the whole strategy. Thats the WHOLE purpose.

Maybe but know one really knows except for her your just making an assumption and I assume your one of the many who hate Ronda? So you opinion probably carries some bias with it to. What we do know is Ronda has never cared what anyone thinks about her that much is clear. At every single turn when she could have made herself look like the good guy she's gone the opposite and made people hate her even more. I guess maybe now after the backlash she's decided to go hollywood and play the game but that would be a huge change in character and no one I see often from people. Especially when your dealing with someone as arrogant as she is.

I think everyone joking about suicide should get a pass this time. We all hate Ronda and most of us think she is lying about it for attention. We're used to seeing this awful human being saying horrible things and acting like a bitch, it's harder to respect her when she talks crap about suicide.

IMO she did think about it because she was very depressed, but OFC this isn't something she'd really do. Since she is fine, I think sherdoggers can pile and shit on her. Honestly, if they can't a lot of good posters will get banned as a result. TS is also just mad cause he got an infraction and others didn't, he doesn't really care.

Really? Making blatant jokes about a fighter committing suicide is free-go, but if you accuse a fighter of taking PEDs it falls under fighter bashing and the ban hammer is loose?

Note, I am not talking about making comments on Ronda's suicide comment, that's fair since it's a topic in the media. I am talking about the blatant jokes that people are making like "I hope she does" or "Good, she should" etc. You're joking about someone ending their life, someone who none of you even personally know and hasn't really affected you in any reasonable way.

inb4dontcry.gif
holmhighkick.gif

^-- both are lame attempts at free likes

None of this is new. The mods here have always turned a blind eye to Ronda bashing. If it was a different fighter it would be treated differently. It is what it is.

Because it was Ronda who is a well known drama queen, everyone knows she isn't serious and said that just to get some attention. If it came from a fighter like say Chris Weidman nobody would joke because we would actually think he was serious

You acting like suicide is such a bad thing could be seen as medieval too. You have to admit, for some people, life and/or living just sucks and it will never get better ever. If they want out, that's on them. Who are we to say, "things aren't so bad" or "life gets better" when we often objectively know how bad things can get for people.

Because often if you give them the time, you can show them that unbeknownst to them, their mind is irrationally making far bigger deals of situations than need be. If you peel back and show them the different layers of what they're really thinking as opposed to what they think they're thinking. Cases are different obviously, and I wasn't trying to put them under a broad umbrella.

But what I'm saying is it shouldn't be brushed off immediately

Actually reading what I said and what you responded I don't really see how you got that from what I wrote

I don't see it. I look at it the same way as if you got mad at someone and said you were gonna kill them. Is that making light of murder?
I think they prefer to call it Diet Murder.

Did she kill herself? What's so wrong about saying Ronda should go meet her father in hell if that's what she wants? Honestly, I think it's just nobody is taking the suicide threat seriously.
There's a lot wrong with saying you hope she go meet her dead father, due to suicide, in hell. I think discourse has kinda gone out the window by that point.

There's a lot wrong with saying you hope she go meet her dead father, due to suicide, in hell. I think discourse has kinda gone out the window by that point.
Bruh, if she wants. Context. I don't see suicide as the evil, selfish act you guys paint it as. If the biological imperative is what's keeping her alive, well I guess I'm right there with her. Me and most people, I think.

Back