So PED accusations and insults are bannable but joking about suicides isn't?

The irony is that a lot of people know someone who commited or attempted suicide.

People will be skeptical and try and portray Rousey as looking for support and shedding crocodile tears.

Having gone through mental health issues myself, I can't relate to her situation fully, but the pressue of dealing with having what seems like a mini-breakdown she had I can identitify with and it's great that she openly said what she did in the interview. She's only human, she made some mistakes. People always gravitate towards kicking someone while they're down. It's human nature, unfortunately.

1)suicide is a horrible thing
2)making fun of someone who has millions of dollars, makes movies, has everyone and everyone at her finger tips and thinks about killing herself after one fucking loss in a sport where pretty much everyone has at least one loss. Its fair game man, she wants the attention and i believe its a PR stunt.

If someone went on and said that

"X fighter should die in a car crash", that person would likely get dubbed.
Or if someone said "X fighter probably takes Y, look at his physique" same result.

But if I say "X fighter should commit suicide" it's fair game.

There's an inconsistency there in terms of rules, and to the posters screaming free speech take an introductory law course before you throw it out as if it's a legitimate defense .

Claiming you know she fakes suicidal thoughts is as much an assumption as claiming someone probably takes PEDs. You are not Ronda, you are simply making an assumption. Did she come out and say "Hey, I was joking about the whole suicide thing for attention", no. If any other fighter made these comments people would not be so hiveminded into defending themselves over it.

Did you reported the guy? I'm pretty sure he will be banned. Not yellow carded

People who need help don't blast their problems to the media.

Suicide is not a joke, Ronda is. The fact she even made that comment further proves it.

She wants media attention and sympathy, nothing more...nothing less.

Agreed.

However, within the confines of the rules of Sherdog, fighter bashing is an offense, and there isn't much clearer bashing than wishing a fighter self-harm.
I agree but there needs to be a clear distinction between wishing and explaining/talking about the situation objectively. As in this case. Wishing her harm and explaining that she wanted to do harm to herself are two separate things.

Suicide is not a joke, Ronda is. The fact she even made that comment further proves it.

It shocks me that people still can't see this.

PED accusations and suicide jokes aren't even comparable.

Falsely accusing a fighter of PED usage with zero proof (as you have done in the past TS) is slanderous and detrimental to a professional athlete's public persona.

A suicide joke, while tasteless, is still just a joke.

All these attention whores, right?

One is an expression of how you feel.
Example: John in accounting is an asshole, and I wouldn't lose any sleep if he killed himself.

One is an accusation and impugnation of someone's character.
Example: John in accounting is cooking the books and robbing the company blind.

Stating how you feel about someone is different than making unsubstantiated accusations about a person's actions and character. One can land you in court and on the losing end of a lawsuit. Guess which one....

This is discussion. RRR put it out there, and for NO REASON should have done that had she not want the topic discussed. It is NOT alleged, it is her statement.

Alleging PED is and should be a banable offense. Discussing positive PED test results seriously has never gotten me flagged to date.

Big difference between alleged and discussion of factual evidence. I was never on the "joking" horsemeat crew when AO tested positive, but I know many who "joked" about it were not flagged or banned for it.

One is an expression of how you feel.
Example: John in accounting is an asshole, and I wouldn't lose any sleep if he killed himself.

One is an accusation and impugnation of someone's character.
Example: John in accounting is cooking the books and robbing the company blind.

Stating how you feel about someone is different than making unsubstantiated accusations about a person's actions and character. One can land you in court and on the losing end of a lawsuit. Guess which one....

Sorry, but there is a specific rule against fighter bashing, including insults.
If saying "John is an asshole, he should go die in a car accident" gets you carded.
But "John is an asshole, he should commit suicide" doesn't.

There is an obvious inconsistency in the rules.

Here's a truth, if fighters were actively engaged in these forums, like some are. And one of them made a thread about thoughts of suicide after a lost, I guarantee you that anyone who said "you should, lol" would get dubbed. Since the fighter is not here, and because its easy to hate someone like Ronda since everyone is doing it, then its A-OKAY.

The characters of the MMA fans (esp fat rednecks) are one of the worse kinds...suicide joke is despicable to me.

Talking about considering suicide on a national stage is about as big a cry for help as you can possibly get. You people have this false image in your head of Ronda as some evil piece of shit, so much so that you're convinced she couldn't possibly be hurt. She couldn't possibly be telling the truth, it's all some publicity ploy.

Well guess what? You're fuckin stupid. Fuck right off.

"About a fighter comitting suicide" ?

I assure you this,Ronda Rousey didn't committed suicide(obviously) and she never thought about comitting suicide.

Can it be more obvious? Do you guys really buy that story told on Ellen to get some attention?

You are supposed to feel sorry for her now,thats the whole strategy. Thats the WHOLE purpose.
now thats your idea

her mom is batshit crazy and her father killed himself when she was a child. she seems to suffer from delusions of grandeur

i would have to assume, that yeah, killing herself actually went trough her mind

Really? Making blatant jokes about a fighter committing suicide is free-go, but if you accuse a fighter of taking PEDs it falls under fighter bashing and the ban hammer is loose?

Note, I am not talking about making comments on Ronda's suicide comment, that's fair since it's a topic in the media. I am talking about the blatant jokes that people are making like "I hope she does" or "Good, she should" etc. You're joking about someone ending their life, someone who none of you even personally know and hasn't really affected you in any reasonable way.

inb4dontcry.gif
holmhighkick.gif

^-- both are lame attempts at free likes

PED accusations and suicide jokes aren't even comparable.

Falsely accusing a fighter of PED usage with zero proof (as you have done in the past TS) is slanderous and detrimental to a professional athlete's public persona.

A suicide joke, while tasteless, is still just a joke.
its not a joke when you actually wants someone to kill himself

Back