So "Octagon Control" is basically a useless metric to judge fights by now?

BullyKutta

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Glad to know.

Fighters like Johnson can prepare better next time knowing that the judges either don't understand the concept or don't care.

:rolleyes:

I think it's kind of stupid to have it as a scoring category. Of course, Johnson was robbed with or without taking octagon control into account.

I think micheal won the fight, but he played for points and lost. He gave the third away, and i think thats more damning. If it was a five rounder i think dariush would win easy.

Its a stupid fucking meaningless metric anyway and should not have any influence in a fight criteria anyway, given so much more critical measures that are less subjective and worth reward

It should be way way way down the priority order for reward, if at all, and only if everything else is basically the same

I think it's kind of stupid to have it as a scoring category. Of course, Johnson was robbed with or without taking octagon control into account.

I've often wondered the same thing as people can fight VERY effectively using a defensive posture/movement. A fighter is backing up is not really indicative of a fighter losing a fight.

That said, if it's factored in, Johnson is the victim of highway robbery here. Utterly baffling.

No one can define what is the "Octagon control".

Apparently not, if your name is Diego Sanchez. If not -- yeah, you are fucked.

Octagon control is just another way of saying "control without damage" isnt it?

Back