So, now that I got the brown belt...

Huge props man, sometimes I take for granted all I do is go to college and train. I can't imagine having to do it with two kids and working 10 hours a day, keep it up.

I have given all my old belts away to other "up and comers". The purple that I wear now was given to me.

Congratulations.

Not only is the brown a sign of achievement, but also looks the prettiest, really.

^ hey, that makes me wonder, do you guys keep your older belts?

I hang mine up at the gym, so people can see the wear and tear on them. It shows ppl you just didn't get your belt without work, IMO.

Congrats on the brown!

awesome congrats, guess you threw out the blue belt for life gig for good now huh?

I tried to be one forever, All of a sudden I got to train for two years straight and teach classes - so I progressed more then expected.
It's a long way to the black belt though. I don't expect to win many matches at the brown belt level for a while either, I have the cardio of a collapsed lung at best. I can never get it better.
I rely on my teaching skills to make up for my cardio.

btw - I keep all of my old belts, but they stay in my BJJ bag of various patches I have accumulated from all the academies I have been to.

best blue belt at our school took up my old blue belt to wear - i felt honored.

Congrats on brown

Congrats man! Getting your brown is a huge step.

Congrats man! No where to go but up.

Congrats. I can't wait to be at that level one day. It must be rewarding in more ways then 1.

Congrats. I can't wait to be at that level one day. It must be rewarding in more ways then 1.

Back