So no one else can be

elwani

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I recently watched an old BBC documentary on the royal family and they ended it with this justification for why there is still a monarchy: so that the position is occupied, so that basically there will be no destructive struggle for hegemony.

And a crazy thought just popped into my mind in regards to marriage (for men). To what extent is marriage also just so the position of mate is occupied, so that there is no more tortuous struggle to find one?

Essentially both operate on the premise that men cannot help themselves in their struggle for power or women.

funny-pictures-men-women-meanings-difference.jpg

Men's English
12. Will you marry me? = I want to make it illegal for other guys to have sex with you.

Is that the same for all the other royal families all over the world, or just the British royal family?

Is that the same for all the other royal families all over the world, or just the British royal family?

I mean some monarchies still have real power I think, and I think the BBC's point is that although the British monarchy now has little power, they have value as a placeholder. But I'm curious to see what an English person thinks.

I mean some monarchies still have real power I think, and I think the BBC's point is that although the British monarchy now has little power, they have value as a placeholder. But I'm curious to see what an English person thinks.
I was brought up in the British Army. Harry, Andy and Megan can fuck off but I'd like to keep the rest of them around.

I just don't quite understand why it's just the British Royals who get slagged off and not all the other ones in different countries.

I was brought up in the British Army. Harry, Andy and Megan can fuck off but I'd like to keep the rest of them around.

I just don't quite understand why it's just the British Royals who get slagged off and not all the other ones in different countries.

I think because there is a pretense that they must occupy moral high ground, because they function within a system whose legitimacy theoretically depends on occupying the moral high ground.

Whereas you basically expect other monarchies to be crazy evil, whether or not they have power. Like the Thai king renting out an entire hotel in the Alps and bringing along his entire entourage of sexy female bodyguards, pretty much expect that.

I think because there is a pretense that they must occupy moral high ground, because they function within a system whose legitimacy theoretically depends on occupying the moral high ground.

Whereas you basically expect other monarchies to be crazy evil, whether or not they have power. Like the Thai king renting out an entire hotel in the Alps and bringing along his entire entourage of sexy female bodyguards, pretty much expect that.
So because other royal families are crazy evil, they aren't slagged off? How does that work?

It's because they're white.

The queen will be the last universally respected (more or less) monarch in the UK. She knows her job and does it flawlessly.

It is so unfair and undemocratic. Yes they dont officially have power BUT they have tons of wealth and priviledges and status. They can meet whenever they want with anyone, to think this and their wealth DOESNT mean they arent influecing things to a degree is naive.

So because other royal families are crazy evil, they aren't slagged off? How does that work?
Humans like both visions of ideals and seeing other humans fall short of the vision.

Humans like both visions of ideals and seeing other humans fall short of the vision.
You're talking out of your ass because you like the sound of your own words.

So they're doing everybody a favor is how it's being spun?

Back