So neither guy won...

I cant bash him for being a fight purest, but I think it would totally suck if fights were scored like that because there would be a crazy number of draws.

Look at old school boxing my friend. That was fighting. Guys were dirty boxing all day and the fights were judged as fights and not matches. You can see this from the early records. Some guys had 20 draws in their records easily. Langford 39 draws. Corbett 22 draws. Rosenbloom 26 draws. And these were P4P top-50 all time boxers.

But yeah, thanks for understanding my POV! And I agree that from business POV constant draws could be harmful.

If you want to make a point that you wish MMA were different, you would have better luck with that than saying "neither guy won". Clearly one guy won and one guy was better. You are just seeking dominance. That's fine, but use the word "dominated" and not "won".

yup I completely agree they should have named DC the interim champ. Neither won.

To me we are talking about different things. Street fighting is too dangerous because there are no rules and because there are no safety measures (referee, doctor, paramedics, rules & regulations about the surface they are fighting on, pre and post fight medical tests etc.).
MMA is getting lamer (not lame, I love it regardless) not because of rules and regulations, but because of bad rules and regulations.
Good rules & regulations: Are ones that take extremely dangerous stuff away, that take unnecessary dangerous stuff away and keep the fight somewhat entertaining. All this without altering the actual core which is one on one fight. Now we had a match where neither guy won the FIGHT but other guy clearly won the MATCH. To me thats corrupting and altering the core which is the fight.

Dude just say, you essentially want PRIDE rules. Either way, complaining about the rules on sherdog will do nothing. Want to change it? Join a commission or something, voice your opinion where it matters.

Oh and this thread is stupid....:icon_chee

I will say neither guy looked like they had been in much of a fight at the press conference. Though DC was limping a bit other than that though not much.

Back