So much for Ireland's favorite son!

Surprised he's not from Northern Ireland like the rest of the top Irish athletes...

why is the Ireland/Irish market so impt to the UFC anyway? small country, however lovely.

My son just got back from Ireland and everybody he talked to thinks Conor is a douche and a national embarrassment. They were totally baffled by his popularity here. They told him the only place he's popular is Dublin.

Well I've just been travelling the last month and every Irish person I spoke to think's he's a god. . . The reality: probably somewhere in between as both our accounts are anecdotal and carry no weight.

This is sherdog in a nutshell: you say one thing, I say something on the contrary. Both persons opinions based on nothing of any substance, then we all argue and get butt hurt about it :)

My son just got back from Ireland and everybody he talked to thinks Conor is a douche and a national embarrassment. They were totally baffled by his popularity here. They told him the only place he's popular is Dublin.

Seriously?? Your son talked to every person in Ireland?? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me shertard. If you ask me you and your son are embarrassing and the douches here. Get it together McGregor is and has star power and the guy can fight. Quit being a dummy and a hater.

Seriously?? Your son talked to every person in Ireland?? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me shertard. If you ask me you and your son are embarrassing and the douches here. Get it together McGregor is and has star power and the guy can fight. Quit being a dummy and a hater.

Do you not read well, or do you just react emotionally when somebody bad-mouths your fantasy fuck-buddy? I clearly said "everybody he talked to". That obviously doesn't include the entire population of Ireland, or even of Galway. Just reporting what a bunch of Irish guys said is the prevailing opinion in Ireland outside of Dublin. Can they accurately speak for the entire country? Obviously not any more than you can speak for all rude assholes, but they got their opinion from somewhere (probably the media) and my son and I found it amusing. As to who is the hater, re-read my post and then re-read your response. Got it? Glad I could help.

I was looking to find out what everybody your son talked to thought of him. Thanks TS.

Its good to hear that not everyone enjoys some of Connors antics. If your story is real however, I am sure we wont hear that sort of stuff again because that will take away everything from Connor. UFC will try its best to make it seem he is beloved in his country.

His grandma could probably kick my crippled ass, but that's really beside the point, isn't it?

Dat anecdotal poll by random white belt with random story. I believe it.

Lotta mcgregor fan boys upset lol

Back