So much bitching about Jones.............. Why?

Dude is being crucified because he is incredibly transparent and hypocritical. this is the same guy who proudly announce that he would go and tell on pot smokers but tests positive for cocaine a month before his fight.

Jones will emerge from this still the LHW champ and he'll likely finish his career as the greatest fighter to ever step in the octagon, but i'm not going to pretend like he didn't bring a lot of this backlash on himself. I always say, "Don't walk around with an holier than thou attitude towards people if you really aren't bout that life because sooner or later that shit will bite you in the ass" It bit Jon in the ass
Aha, good post. And I agree. Just stating my opinion. Was pumped up like crazy for the Cormier/Jones fight and I loved every round of it. At the moment people are destroying it. Jones might have destroyed it himself by using. But I don't think anyone ''using'' is in the right state of mind. For him being ''hypocrite'', ''arrogant'' and ''whatnot'' is sort of irrelevant. He's not my friend. Think he's important for the sports. And who the hell are ''we'' to claim to know someone? Seriously, hidden behind a screen, not involved at all. I just don't get the level/intensity of hate here. In my opinion, it's quite sickening. Really starting to believe people just come here to shit on other people and fighters. Not good for the sports at all.

I think it is irresponsible to claim he was taking coke because of the pressure or has problems. More likely he was snorting for FUN and it became a habit.

People don't like Jones because he phony as hell. That open mic clip on ESPN showed the world what Jon Jones is.

I think it is irresponsible to claim he was taking coke because of the pressure or has problems. More likely he was snorting for FUN and it became a habit.

People don't like Jones because he phony as hell. That open mic clip on ESPN showed the world what Jon Jones is.

I think it's irresponsible to claim Jones is phony as hell after watching an ESPN clip or to claim that he was snorting for FUN. Open mic was bad for both fighters. Anyway, it is what it is. Guess sherdog will be dominated by hate on Jones talk the next couple of months, so I just have to stick to watching shows. In a way it's working. Nothing will be left of the Sherdog community, just haters. Really don't see the point of coming back here. And lol, as said before, I'm not even a freaking ''JONES FAN''. :)

I'd have sympathy if I thought he had a problem, and if I thought he meant to quit, but it's just another young, rich guy doing coke. Kind of unlikable for me, but ultimately not that big of a deal either way.

Instead of being ''heartless'' idiots it might be smart just to ''support'' one of the biggest ''talents'' the "MMA'' has ever had. I'm guessing dude wasn't doing too well when he was using coke.

As fans you should ''support'' one of the ''gems'' of this sports.

Your use of quotation marks makes me legitimately confused. Is this some kind of weird use of irony?

Your use of quotation marks makes me legitimately confused. Is this some kind of weird use of irony?
Just me being a dumbass, I tend to do that. Always find it hard to put emphasize words in English, mainly because it's not my first language, lol. But point made. Not doing that again. ;)

poor Jon.... I'm sure he hates himself when he reads this forum.

Why are you speak as if JJ is some sort of victim? "the pressure is too much".. "kick him when he's down"... He's doing coke cuz He's 27 and full of cash! If He was in such dire need of help, He wouldn't have been able to just have a 25 minute MMA fight in with He was the victor! He's partying.. not a lost soul.

Can't say I have been his biggest fan of Jones, but yuck, peoples true colors come out when they kick people when they're already down.

People were already kicking Jones before he was down.
If you think someone's a prick (and he is), and then they have a problem, entirely of their own making, why exactly should them reaping the results of their own stupid, reckless, arrogant conduct make you suddenly sympathetic?

If something severe happened that wasn't his fault - like his wife got hit by a train - then, yes, it would be low-class not to sympathize and lay off for a bit.
But for consequences that he's earned? Wrong.

Pressure? Please. How about the guy trying to work to pay his bills, put food on the table, pay for college etc. Dont tell me that the pressure Jones feels is more intense than that.

Instead of being ''heartless'' idiots it might be smart just to ''support'' one of the biggest ''talents'' the "MMA'' has ever had. I'm guessing dude wasn't doing too well when he was using coke.

Have you ever tried coke? I think he was doing f*ing awsome when he was using it.

I personally think it is a bit strange that he does it mid camp, seems like a lack of dicipline or maybe a serious problem. But quite frankly it is probably better for a pro athlete in the middle of a camp to do coke for one night than go out and drink for a night.

I have no problem with Jones doing drugs when not in competition, as long as he has dropped his goodie-two-shoes-christian image.

As fans we should support someone we dislike and might even feel does the sport a disservice with his behaviour, personality and public image just because you say so?

Doesn't make much sense.

Jones has been making 'em cry for a long time.

This time, w/ the T/E ratios, they thought they really had something that they DIDN'T make up.

So much bitching about Jones.............. Why?

Because he's too athletic and explosive...

This is one of the main reasons why during the peak of his career, Michael Jordan's sponsor(s) / agent(s) advised him to act and talk less athletic and explosive...

Its clear people need someone to hate!

Im willing to bet that 90% of the people that hated Anderson hate Jones for whatever reason.

The MMA fans seem to be quite different from the other sports. People cling to interviews and other none related garbage more than I have ever seen. I never really care what guys say after a game or after a boxing match. But here on Sherdog people are analyzing every word and making a trillion threads off twiter quotes LOL. I remember the discussions about fighters used to be technical!

It's because of the hypocrisy. Jones acts like somebody he's not, it makes him unlikable, because nobody likes the guy who acts like he's better than other people. He famously bragged about how he used to snitch on drug dealers and that he was a "good guy" always on the "good side." If you're going to make comments like that, you better be clean or not ever get caught doing anything, because you're going to get mocked pretty bad. That's what's happening with Jones. If somebody makes themselves out to be virtuous they only set themselves up for a fall because nobody is perfect.

Have you ever tried coke? I think he was doing f*ing awsome when he was using it.

I personally think it is a bit strange that he does it mid camp, seems like a lack of dicipline or maybe a serious problem. But quite frankly it is probably better for a pro athlete in the middle of a camp to do coke for one night than go out and drink for a night.

I have no problem with Jones doing drugs when not in competition, as long as he has dropped his goodie-two-shoes-christian image.

"I have no problem with Jones doing drugs when not in competition, as long as he has dropped his goodie-two-shoes-christian image"

That's the crux of it, nobody likes a hypocrite.

Its clear people need someone to hate!

Im willing to bet that 90% of the people that hated Anderson hate Jones for whatever reason.

The MMA fans seem to be quite different from the other sports. People cling to interviews and other none related garbage more than I have ever seen. I never really care what guys say after a game or after a boxing match. But here on Sherdog people are analyzing every word and making a trillion threads off twiter quotes LOL. I remember the discussions about fighters used to be technical!

i dislike Jones, like Anderson a lot. I'd watch Anderson to see what he would do next, and to be amazed. I should feel the same way about Jones, but I don't. I watch Jones hoping he will lose, because his personality rube me the wrong way. Additionally, i've heard "gossip" about him that has made me biased against him. FWIW, I've also heard "gossip: about Rashad Evans that makes me root for him, namely that he is very kind to people when no cameras are rolling.

Not the point. I think you have to be a complete ''wanker'' to kick someone who's already down on a bloody MMA forum. Someone who has been this good to the sport. Enough people on television/real life I don't like. Would I wish something like this on them so I can put them down? Hell no. If you're a fan you would hope he leaves it in the cage. Any arguments being used beyond that are just weak in my opinion and sort of shows what type of ''rats'' that tend to visit this site. Can't say I'm surprised. But damn, the MMA fan-community sucks.

Jones is too stupid to be down right now.

I also doubt he reads these boards or gives a shit what we think anyways.

Back