So much bitching about Jones.............. Why?

Raziel82

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For real. I don't get it. If anything, it's sad there is another famous American athlete out there using coke (or another illicit drug). The pressure is just too much.

If anything you got to feel for the guy. Jon Jones is 27 right? Many popular music artists and famous people in general died at that age abusing. Some of the greatest heroes: ''Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Amy Winehouse, Brian Jones.''

Instead of being ''heartless'' idiots it might be smart just to ''support'' one of the biggest ''talents'' the "MMA'' has ever had. I'm guessing dude wasn't doing too well when he was using coke.

Can't say I have been his biggest fan of Jones, but yuck, peoples true colors come out when they kick people when they're already down. Wonder if there are any legit, proper people visiting these MMA sites nowadays. Instead of only trolls/haters and other disgusting species.

Anyway, in my eyes America is a very hypocritical country. Crusifying Jones, while it's a nationwide problem: ''Illicit drug use in America has been increasing. In 2012, an estimated 23.9 million Americans aged 12 or older—or 9.2 percent of the population—had used an illicit drug or abused a psychotherapeutic medication (such as a pain reliever, stimulant, or tranquilizer) in the past month.''

As fans you should ''support'' one of the ''gems'' of this sports. If you can't, you might as well join the ''Ban MMA'' club from NY. Just stating my opinion. ;)

3330470-ancient-aliens-racism_zps74d98e25.jpg

I think it's more about his arrogance makes me dislike him

There are fighters who actually tested positive for performance enhancers and they don't get treated half as bad as Jones does.

Look at how many replies this thread got.
Any thread where Jones is being vindicated no one wants anything to do with.

It's just haters doing hating. ��

I think it's more about his arrogance makes me dislike him

You can dislike him for being arrogant. But still you don't wish him to be on coke because he has issues right? I mean, dude is being crucified. I find that stunningly weak. Just hope he comes back stronger and hope he can still mean a lot for the MMA community. Always loved his fights even though I didn't necessarily support him in those fights, lol. If anything, all this hate makes me want to support dude in the future.

If it was some prelim guy, there may have been 2 or 3 passing threads and no one would care after a day.

How original! A bitchy thread about bitching..

he makes himself "hate-able". Lets not pretend he is likable

I don't like Jon, haven't since just before the DUI. I wish him well. My hate if you want to call it that regarding this is that like everything else with Jon , I don't get a feeling of authenticity here. When it was announced, the transparent statement and into some type of rehab, the UFC is acting like this is a high point of Jon's career giving him as much praise as they do after a title defense, the fact that there appears to be no concern at all that Jon may need to step away from the sport at all to deal with this. It's all just very fake to me. Another appearances move by the champ and the UFC when it comes to Jon. I have some experience working with people with substance abuse issues and this feels at the onset like what will be the first for Jon, not the last.

I grew up idolize get Doc and Darryl Strawberry whose cocaine slide from HOF players to punchlines is well documented. So far, this Bones script is looking very similar.

he makes himself "hate-able". Lets not pretend he is likable

Not the point. I think you have to be a complete ''wanker'' to kick someone who's already down on a bloody MMA forum. Someone who has been this good to the sport. Enough people on television/real life I don't like. Would I wish something like this on them so I can put them down? Hell no. If you're a fan you would hope he leaves it in the cage. Any arguments being used beyond that are just weak in my opinion and sort of shows what type of ''rats'' that tend to visit this site. Can't say I'm surprised. But damn, the MMA fan-community sucks.

Not the point. I think you have to be a complete ''wanker'' to kick someone who's already down. Someone who has been this good to the sport. Enough people on television/real life I don't like. Would I wish something like this on them so I can put them down? Hell no. If you're a fan you would hope he leaves it in the cage. Any arguments being used beyond that are just weak in my opinion and sort of shows what type of ''rats'' visit this site. Can't say I'm surprised. But damn, the MMA community sucks.

Then by your own rule, Jones is a wanker. We are done here

Not the point. I think you have to be a complete ''wanker'' to kick someone who's already down on a bloody MMA forum. Someone who has been this good to the sport. Enough people on television/real life I don't like. Would I wish something like this on them so I can put them down? Hell no. If you're a fan you would hope he leaves it in the cage. Any arguments being used beyond that are just weak in my opinion and sort of shows what type of ''rats'' that tend to visit this site. Can't say I'm surprised. But damn, the MMA fan-community sucks.

You mean kind of like what Jon did to Cormier after their fight and even going as far as letting his daughter call out Cormier on Instagram? You've got to be a complete wanker if you don't see the hypocrisy here. Fuck Jon Jones.

There are fake celebrities and Jones will look like a saint compared to them. I really believe Jones is just misunderstood by people or it could be hatred fogging their eyes on who he really is. Nobody really here knows who he is and he's getting judged base on what they hear on the interwebs. All we see is "coming from someone who know's Jon personally"...fuck that shit. Jones is entertaining and is the rightful GOAT.

Then by your own rule, Jones is a wanker. We are done here
Never said he wasn't a wanker, I also find him rather arrogant. That's irrelevant. You're a few levels below him posting this type of shit on a MMA forum. What he does is reality, yours is virtual reality (you're hiding behind a screen). You and the billion others making these hating threads kicking someone who is already down.

Look at how many replies this thread got.
Any thread where Jones is being vindicated no one wants anything to do with.

It's just haters doing hating. ��

lol your post is 7 minutes after the op.

You can dislike him for being arrogant. But still you don't wish him to be on coke because he has issues right? I mean, dude is being crucified. I find that stunningly weak. Just hope he comes back stronger and hope he can still mean a lot for the MMA community. Always loved his fights even though I didn't necessarily support him in those fights, lol. If anything, all this hate makes me want to support dude in the future.

Dude is being crucified because he is incredibly transparent and hypocritical. this is the same guy who proudly announce that he would go and tell on pot smokers but tests positive for cocaine a month before his fight.

Jones will emerge from this still the LHW champ and he'll likely finish his career as the greatest fighter to ever step in the octagon, but i'm not going to pretend like he didn't bring a lot of this backlash on himself. I always say, "Don't walk around with an holier than thou attitude towards people if you really aren't bout that life because sooner or later that shit will bite you in the ass" It bit Jon in the ass

I don't wish the guy any ill will and I know he'll get get through this situation and be fine, but most of the backlash is warranted imo

When the Eye Poke Army keep using the phrase "Haters gonna hate" to justify whatever actions of his that might be called in to question is tantamount to saying that standards of common sense and decency don't apply to Jones and that no matter what Jones do.

No matter how foolish and reprehensible, MMA fans are not allowed to reprimand Jones for that action because that makes them a "hater" and you're simply "hating" out of jealousy or other irrational bullshit like "Herp he destroyed your favorite fighters derp" or worse "because he is black!"

The overabundance of the word "Hater" word in this day and age just one example of how the Eye Coke Army are being lead down a dangerous path of unprecedented ignorance, apathy and vanity just like Jones.

Calling someone a "hater" because they said some criticism in this instance about Jones makes the member of the Eye Poke Army look ignorant or stupid for giving negative feedback, basically dismissing an argument without addressing it by using a personal insult.

You do realize you're trying to bring a sensible argument to Sherdog? Where kicking fighter whether they're down or up is common place.

People are usually bitching over bitches is normal.

There are fighters who actually tested positive for performance enhancers and they don't get treated half as bad as Jones does.

Yup. Look at Vitor. He tore up the division on TRT and now he's clean going for a title shot, and he's getting much love

I feel like even if Jones tests positive for PEDS, cleans up and comes back majority won't support him loke theyre supporting others.

Haters gon' hate

Back