So MM tied Anderson for 11 title defences.

Didn't Rob's second fight against Yoel count as a title defense? I was pretty sure that it did.

i believe officially, DJ has the record for most title defenses.

Not sure if I agree.
It's true champs are screwed out of a defense if their opponent misses weight.

But at the same time, the title isn't on the line, so that makes it hard to call it a true defense.
Didn't Rob's second fight against Yoel count as a title defense? I was pretty sure that it did.
nope. non-title bout
upload_2018-8-5_13-36-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-5_13-36-37.png
    upload_2018-8-5_13-36-37.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
MM defense vs that TuF guy shouldn't count. And if it does, then we better get to see artem lobov fight for the title.
You do realize Lutter got his title shot (that he lost when he missed weight) by winning TUF - right?

It is an insult to anderson bringing mm name next to him. Anderson is the goat.next is jones and gsp

After all of that Mighty Mouse fell at the last hurdle and didn't surpass Anderson who had 11 title defences (Lutter missed weight so it should count for Anderson). And in that time Anderson moved up 3 times in incredible style.

GOATs gonna GOAT

<{silvanormal}>

If you count being screwed ..as falling at the last hurdle then your right...

Steven Boner fought Anderson Silva at 205 and was 13 fights into his UFC career. Tim Elliott got to fight the champion off a Tuf win. Cmon now.

So every part as legitimate as Bispings title defence over Hendo.

Due to the stupid logic of some in this thread, the Lutter fight shouldn't count as a title defence irregardless if he made weight. Lutter only got the fight by winning TUF. Thus putting him on the same irrelevant plain as Tim Elliott. But at least he made weight.

Due to the stupid logic of some in this thread, the Lutter fight shouldn't count as a title defence irregardless if he made weight. Lutter only got the fight by winning TUF. Thus putting him on the same irrelevant plain as Tim Elliott. But at least he made weight.

The title wasn't on the line.

Anderson himself was angry Lutter missed weight and it didn't count as a defense, he never questioned it.

After all of that Mighty Mouse fell at the last hurdle and didn't surpass Anderson who had 11 title defences (Lutter missed weight so it should count for Anderson). And in that time Anderson moved up 3 times in incredible style.

GOATs gonna GOAT

<{silvanormal}>
You've flown under the radar for awhile now but, UFC shill exposed.

Anderson Silva is the GOAT

Brought the mystigue and magic of martial arts to life, made me fall in love with the UFC

Anderson is either the goat or he isnt (spoiler alert: he ain't he got popped n that's that). If you think DJ (barely) losing a fight tonight and a title defense against Michael Jordan change the conversation you already lost. Think about what you're saying 'we should count the travis lutter fight so he can be goat'.

Think about that when you talk about DJs weak schedule. Travis lutter. A guy who missed weight for his title fight and has beat who? You guys are so desperate you all of a sudden like guys getting decisions off three takedowns and no damage (if it were any other 2 fighters tonight y'all would be outraged)

You do realize Lutter got his title shot (that he lost when he missed weight) by winning TUF - right?

It didn't count towards the total number of title defense this is why he has 10 title defenses and I am glad it didn't. However I can't say the same for MM because it did count towards his 11 title defenses.

Ps. I've addressed Lutter's title shot and missed weight now in all 3 pages.

Last edited:
Back