So MM tied Anderson for 11 title defences.

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
After all of that Mighty Mouse fell at the last hurdle and didn't surpass Anderson who had 11 title defences (Lutter missed weight so it should count for Anderson). And in that time Anderson moved up 3 times in incredible style.

GOATs gonna GOAT

<{silvanormal}>

I mean he didn't risk his belt against Lutter so he didn't defend it, right? Simple stuff.

MM defense vs that TuF guy shouldn't count. And if it does, then we better get to see artem lobov fight for the title.

great thread. he is tied with anderson, that's the honest truth. and why people called this point fighting FOTN? munhoz was way better. less technical? I guess you can say that, but much more exciting

MMA gods give me a dillashaw esque champ in 125.... but maybe I'm asking too much

I mean he didn't risk his belt against Lutter so he didn't defend it, right? Simple stuff.

If he lost to Lutter who would consider him the champ? I think if the challenger misses weight it should only be them to suffer. Ie if the champ wins it counts as a defence still.

MM defense vs that TuF guy shouldn't count. And if it does, then we better get to see artem lobov fight for the title.
Andy has a title defense against TuF guy Steven Boner though. Why eliminate TuF guys?

Edit: that fight was at 205 I'm a dummy.

Last edited:
220px-Michael_Jordan_in_2014.jpg

1200px-GABRIEL_VELLA_vs_ROMINHO_51.jpg

You're not wrong. The Lutter fight would have been considered legitimate for sanctioning body belts in boxing. In terms of lineal belts, you'd get a more interesting discussion, although, Anderson wasn't lineal at MW until well into his reign, so I guess it's immaterial in that sense. If MMA really does mature as a sport, Johnson's reign will age very well. Of course, I'm not too hopeful about MMA ever having much a reasonable fanbase, but we'll see.

Anderson Silva is a cheating juicehead who failed drug test not only once but twice.

Since it wasn't Silva's fault that Lutter missed weight, it should have counted.

I mean if Silva lost, who the hell would consider him the champ anyway.

Can't compare the calibre of guys at manlet weight to human weight classes.

DJ should never be in contention, he just got beat by a guy who started MMA like 3 years ago.

If he lost to Lutter who would consider him the champ? I think if the challenger misses weight it should only be them to suffer. Ie if the champ wins it counts as a defence still.
I don't understand what that means. How can it count as a defense when you aren't defending the title? I mean it counts as part of Andy's win streak obviously, but if you aren't defending the title its not a title defense. No more a title defense than the fights at 205 he took.

Andy has a title defense against TuF guy Steven Boner though. Why eliminate TuF guys?

Steven Boner fought Anderson Silva at 205 and was 13 fights into his UFC career. Tim Elliott got to fight the champion off a Tuf win. Cmon now.

I don't understand what that means. How can it count as a defense when you aren't defending the title? I mean it counts as part of Andy's win streak obviously, but if you aren't defending the title its not a title defense. No more a title defense than the fights at 205 he took.

When 2 people fight for the belt and 1 misses weight it's still up for grabs for the other. Pretty sure that happened recently. Same sort of concept.

When 2 people fight for the belt and 1 misses weight it's still up for grabs for the other. Pretty sure that happened recently. Same sort of concept.
You're thinking of the interim title fight with Rockhold/Romero most likely. That's a different case because neither has the title going in. It doesn't need to be "up for grabs" for the reigning champion because they already have the title and they can't lose it in a fight not at the weight class. The reigning champion will keep their belt.

We are done with the p4p sh1t.
He was never p4p #1.

Can't compare the calibre of guys at manlet weight to human weight classes.

DJ should never be in contention, he just got beat by a guy who started MMA like 3 years ago.

Is MW or LHW a better weight class than BW, right now?

Back