So MJ...

yeah he seriously needs to go to LW. I was saying before he even moved from FW that it was a bad idea. A big weight cut will just deplete his chin/training/cardio and his best attribute, speed advantage, is also diminished.

He is one of the worst under-performers in UFC history. He has skills but has a terrible mentality for fighting. He should move on to another promotion and go back to 155 pounds to finish out his career.

It's hard to ignore the date in which MJ's downward spiral happened.

Somehow a lot of fighters have that same line in the sand at mid 2015. Johnny Hendrix & MJ are probably the posterboys for that, but I've noticed a lot more along the way as well.

I was never convinced that he had what it took, to be honest.

Same. People were so high on him coming out of TUF but I guess I didn't see what they were talking about. Kinda like some of these dudes they hype up who beat up on a bunch of bums and cans on Dana's Tuesday Night Mismatches.

I think he needs to take a bit off and see a psychologist or something. Short of losing to Khabib, I can't think of a one-sided beatdown in recent memory.
A move back to lightweight might help. He went from having some noteworthy power to nothing behind his punches.

imo he also lost to Fili but I dont want him to be cut

fuck off TS , its easy for you to say sitting at home , right ?

I think he needs to move back up to 155 too. He looks a little slower at 145 and doesn't pack the same power. At 155, he could fight someone like Diego.

That's crazy talk. MJ threw a punch at Khabib and connected.

He's a very good fighter who got caught last night. Calm down.

2-1 in his last 3. He shouldn't be cut.

Is 19-14. Daaaammmnnn.

Dude should be cut now.

Off to the B-Leagues. Had promise though...like Eric Silva.

Fuck off.
He's a very talented fighter with some major mental/fight IQ issues.
Plus he's very fun to watch.

No comparisson to Silva, who's so young that we have no idea what he can truly become one day.

I think he's gotta move organizations.

I bet he still can nail.a decent moonwalk...
<{vega}>

It's hard to ignore the date in which MJ's downward spiral happened.

Somehow a lot of fighters have that same line in the sand at mid 2015. Johnny Hendrix & MJ are probably the posterboys for that, but I've noticed a lot more along the way as well.

I don't agree, not with MJ.

He lost a close fight to Diaz, starched Porier, was overwhelmed by Khabib (means nothing), then almost beat Gaithje all after USADA.

It wasn't a sharp fall of, he just faced good fucking guys.
He was getting near the 30 fight point, and decided to drop in weight, you can't ignore the effect that has on any fighter.

MJ to Bellator probably wont happen
UFC keeps him Caceres, Diaz and Hunt style.

Back