So McGoat gets the next title shot.

grzelkaj

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So what? I personally Dont think he's going to beat Aldo. He does have a punchers chance. And I wouldn't be shocked if he caught Aldo. I see him eating leg kicks and just wearing down.

None of this matters. Regardless in the fight after that Edgar is taking that belt. He did lose to a game Aldo. But he didn't get destroyed. He just wasn't adapted to the weight class. I know he's small and all, but it happens. I guess you could see he found his balance against Cub. Cubs just a gate keeper though IMO, he's a fraud. Almost like how I dont think Cowboy is a legit contender. But he may be my favorite fighter at the moment. I drifted off topic there..I think Frankie will beat Aldo, but if its McGoat, that's a bad style match up for McGoat. But at least at that point we would get Mendes vrs McGoat. That is worth the price just for the prefight nonsense. Especially cause Mendez is about the worst trash talker I've seen.

None of that matters if McGoat loses. If he loses Frankie gets the belt quicker that's all this Silver fight means. Big win for Silver, but I wouldn't say title shot worthy.

White belt thread I know, but I felt inspired.

So what? I personally Dont think he's going to beat Aldo. He does have a punchers chance. And I wouldn't be shocked if he caught Aldo. I see him eating leg kicks and just wearing down.

None of this matters. Regardless in the fight after that Edgar is taking that belt. He did lose to a game Aldo. But he didn't get destroyed. He just wasn't adapted to the weight class. I know he's small and all, but it happens. I guess you could see he found his balance against Cub. Cubs just a gate keeper though IMO, he's a fraud. Almost like how I dont think Cowboy is a legit contender. But he may be my favorite fighter at the moment. I drifted off topic there..I think Frankie will beat Aldo, but if its McGoat, that's a bad style match up for McGoat. But at least at that point we would get Mendes vrs McGoat. That is worth the price just for the prefight nonsense. Especially cause Mendez is about the worst trash talker I've seen.

None of that matters if McGoat loses. If he loses Frankie gets the belt quicker that's all this Silver fight means. Big win for Silver, but I wouldn't say title shot worthy.

White belt thread I know, but I felt inspired.

I don't think so considering Conor has broken a foot, and an entire leg from checking leg kicks, plus he is a southpaw.

Conor is getting the next shot? I thought Frankie was getting like his 6th shot next?

no biggie, Don't think anyone mind's him moving forward fast. His fan's wants to see him do what they believe he is very well capable of, Become the true GOAT. And even his haters want to see him face some real competition in hope of him getting wrecked.

Combine that with everything hes bringing to the sport and the only people i can see complaining are irrational Haters.

mcgregor would/will have to deal with an aldo rematch though.

Sadly, yes. He's going to be decision'd badly by Aldo. Wouldn't be surprised to see a finish, either.

Edgar matches up well vs Conor but size and age favor Conor.

It wouldn't even surprise me if Conor was the first? to stop Frankie, via punches.

Edgar matches up well vs Conor but size and age favor Conor.

It wouldn't even surprise me if Conor was the first? to stop Frankie, via punches.

Frankie would dominate Conor.

That said, Conor deserves the next shot if he wins this weekend. He's a fresh contender and will be 5-0. It's okay, Edgar's only one win away from another crack at gold himself.

If it wasn't for Edgar being Edgar there wouldn't even be an arguement. But Conor is the real deal. He amuses me, and though his fight style is dangerous, it sure is fun to watch. His rise kinda reminds me of Jon Jones rise, only its all coked out. Oh wait so was Jones apperantly. But if you are ready, you are ready.

I don't think so considering Conor has broken a foot, and an entire leg from checking leg kicks, plus he is a southpaw.

Most likely won't understand why this is a big deal.

It's hard to kick your opponent when he is a southpaw and he knows you're a good leg kicker, so he will look to have the dominant angle on you and stay away from that power leg. He will have to make Aldo really step in and try to get the right angle to land that kick, and since Conor will look to have the dominant angle, it would also give him more time to react and check the kick.

He's not going to stand in front of Aldo and keep his leg inside, he's going to keep on the outside.

It's also hard to get those very good kicks off while you're moving backwards most of the time. Conor is always pushing forward and making you work. Conor often does a good job at making his opponent box with him, or making them get desperate, which makes them throw very sloppy punches at him just to keep him (Conor) off of them. Which is exactly what he wants you to do. He wants to make you react to that pressure and that's when he does his best.

Some people may bring up how Poirier landed some kicks, but they need to take into consideration that Poirier is also a southpaw and a lot of those strikes were out of desperation. You can tell how Poirier's demeanor changes after he gets nailed by the first left hook and he starts getting desperate with strikes and trying to keep Conor off of him, but he couldn't.

Conor will get a title shot by beating Siver , this is is just the most stupid thing.

look; at a different weight division the more impressive winner Hendricks/Brown or MAcDonald/Lombard will get the shot and here Conor gets the easy way thanks to his uncle Dana.

Most likely won't understand why this is a big deal.

It's hard to kick your opponent when he is a southpaw and he knows you're a good leg kicker, so he will look to have the dominant angle on you and stay away from that power leg. He will have to make Aldo really step in and try to get the right angle to land that kick, and since Conor will look to have the dominant angle, it would also give him more time to react and check the kick.

He's not going to stand in front of Aldo and keep his leg inside, he's going to keep on the outside.

It's also hard to get those very good kicks off while you're moving backwards most of the time. Conor is always pushing forward and making you work. Conor often does a good job at making his opponent box with him, or making them get desperate, which makes them throw very sloppy punches at him just to keep him (Conor) off of them. Which is exactly what he wants you to do. He wants to make you react to that pressure and that's when he does his best.

Some people may bring up how Poirier landed some kicks, but they need to take into consideration that Poirier is also a southpaw and a lot of those strikes were out of desperation. You can tell how Poirier's demeanor changes after he gets nailed by the first left hook and he starts getting desperate with strikes and trying to keep Conor off of him, but he couldn't.

Good points in explaining the significance of just the base stances being different.

In regards to the bolded, he seems to just take the will away from his opponents.

ezgif_com_gif_maker_2.gif

bijj7s.png

Holloway.png

There is a reason the UFC has zero interest in Conor fighting Frankie and rushing his title shot.

Say he gets lucky and KOs Aldo, twice. Which seems highly unlikely. Then what? There is only so long the UFC can protect him from Frankie.

Man, Holloway is awesome. Another one of my favourites.

He hung in there, showed some serious toughness. A lot of guys probably would've quit after some of those shots he took. Holloway has a pretty good chin on him. May be because he's so young and never really took any serious damage before.

A lot of younger guys will have a better chin because they haven't taken any significant damage in their life like a lot of the older guys. Some people just have it, some people don't, but usually a younger fighter, especially with good technique/defense, will be able to take more than a lot of guys. It's just a matter of how much heart they have sometimes as well, a lot of younger guys will get hit hard and some will quit because of it because they've never been in that position. They aren't used to getting dizzy, ears ringing, blurry vision, etc, some don't know how to fight through it. That's why you see some younger guys not be able to take the punishment, but a lot of the older guys will never give up when that happens.

Back