So Max Kellerman was right about Khabib current P4P #1

Fredwreck619

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last week Kellerman has Jones on ESPN and told him that in his opinion Khabib was the #1 current P4P best according to the eye test, and Jones laughed it off as did plenty sherdoggers.

but now we see the fight and it may seem that Max Kellerman was actually speaking truth.

After this weekend, would you put Khabib over Jones as P4P #1 ?

And is it just me or are these ESPN journalist actually more correct in their analysis regarding UFC fighters such as Jones, Khabib, Cowboy, etc. than what these so called “mma fans” and guys like Rogan want to give them credit for?

Seems like they’re hitting the nail on the head each time, and the “true mma fans” are really just bias with their opinions therefore not stating facts. Could it be these ESPN analysts such as Stephen A. and Max Kellerman are much adept at analyzing sports, including MMA, than say most people?

Honestly until I see khabib vs tony in April I’m leaving everything the way it is.

Kellerman should stick to boxing
max-kellerman-defends-manny-pacquiao.jpg

I’m rooting for Ferguson.

but as it currently stands, is Khabib the #1 P4P fighter?
Khabib has less time in the ring in championship fights than Jones has on the toilet taking a preflight dump. This is ludicrous to consider

He really isn't.

Jones has wins over:
Stephan Bonnar, Shogun, Ryan Bader, Rampage Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Gustaffson twice, Daniel Cormier twice, Glover, OSP, Anthony Smith.
Not including Thiago and Reyes cause Controversy

Khabib has:
RDA, Conor, Dustin Poirier, Al Iaquinta, Edson Barboza, ... maybe Gleison Tibau, MJ?? Then there's 20 bums.

So, does that seem comparable? Jones was also the youngest UFC champ ever and now has 11 title defenses.
Jones could've lost against both Santos and Reyes and should still be above Khabib in the P4P rankings. If you reduce his P4P ranking because of PED infractions that's more understandable. But his record alone is better than Khabib's by far.

Last edited:
Khabib still has to prove he's the #1 LW in the world

If he beats Tony we can start having this discussion

Jones is way ahead, and it's not even close. Reyes is just really good. Jones still won the championship rounds which are more important IMO. He earned that defense

Kellerman GOAT MMA analyst.

Definitely Khabib. Jones has a better resume so he' has a better all time career. Jones never losing imo .makes him the GOAT* all time over guys likeFedor and GSP. But today pfp best fighter is Khabib.

No one should even care about the P4P rankings, they're made up by media members and are meaningless.

I’m rooting for Ferguson.

but as it currently stands, is Khabib the #1 P4P fighter?

sherdog rankings have khabib as #1

official ufc rankings still have jones #1... but they also have not updated their rankings for a couple weeks.

Back