So Matt Lindland was ranked number 1?

Well if I make you feel self conscious, I can't do anything about that...

So yeah .... rankings ... they don't matter

lol, you're not making me feel self conscious you just seem like douche and I wanted to let you know that since it doesn't seem that you understand how you come across when you say stuff like that as if everyone should feel the same way you do or they are wrong, you're not enlightening anyone.

lol, you're not making me feel self conscious you just seem like douche and I wanted to let you know that since it doesn't seem that you understand how you come across when you say stuff like that as if everyone should feel the same way you do or they are wrong, you're not enlightening anyone.

So yeah ... about Matt Lindland

MW was a very fragmented division for a long time. A Lindland/Silva, Lindland/Hendo or Lindland/Franklin fight would have been very intereting in the mid 00s.

Yes, Lindland was the #1 fighter at 185 for a while in the early half of the decade. Terrell changed that. Then, he was actually beating Fedor until Fedor grabbed the ropes repeatedly and used a rope grab to reverse a greco throw that ended up putting Lindland on the bottom. Being under Fedor is a death sentence, especially back then.
Fedor was bleeding heavily from a cut he took early, and was getting dominated against the ropes in the clinch and repeatedly cheated and took multiple warnings with no repercussions until he used the rope grab to reverse a throw.

Lindland should have been the first one to unseat Fedor as the top P4P in the world. It wouldn't have put Lindland on top, but it would have dropped Fedor to get ragdolled by a guy 30 pounds lighter than him.

Holy shit way to exaggerate. Fedor's rope grab was never with a closed hand, and was half becuase he was getting pushed against them whilst trying to obtain natural balance.

And yes he was #1 middlewieght for a while, off the back of 9-1 record between mid-2004 and early 2007 with the only loss a very close and disputed decision against LHW rampage.

If he goes au naturale for a couple months, he can beat anyone with that stench.

People to this day still contest Lindland did enough to steal the win against Rampage and I never saw it that way.

Page justifiably won the Lindland and Ninja fights.

He was ranked #1 only because the people doing the ranking were afraid he'd sue them....

Back