So looking at the referee while punching = TKO?

stin4tw

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Saw this against Urijah Faber and against Jason High. You could argue that they were both early stoppages (I think both were still intelligently defending themselves).

Is this now a maneuver for guys who are landing strikes to try and sway the referees to step in and waive off the fight?

Granted, High was rocked, but looked like he was trying to defend against shots from RDA.

He got rocked and buried his head trying to recover. Rda was patting him on the back of the head. Rda Would have likely won based on the climate of the fight but shit stoppage regardless.

Fighters who look at the ref while throwing pattycakes should lose a point. And refs who respond to that pressure should get suspended.

Sick of this crap.

Fighters who look at the ref while throwing pattycakes should lose a point. And refs who respond to that pressure should get suspended.

Sick of this crap.

It's not worth deducting a point.

But the refs should think for themselves and ignore the fighter looking at them.

I have no problem with the RDA-High stoppage. Also the vast majority of the time when a fighter does the thing where he looks at the ref I'm already in the process of thinking "this should be stopped" a few times like the Barao-Faber fight I thought it bad though.

It's not worth deducting a point.

But the refs should think for themselves and ignore the fighter looking at them.

Also there would be a ton of cases where even if you stop to deduct a point the other guy would be absolutely destroyed and likely concussed.

That was a good stoppage. He was rocked and had his hand trapped under RDA's leg. How many unanswered blows should he take. Every fighter knows you can't just lay there and do nothing. And anyone who says he was intelligently defending inch himself by tucking his head is wrong. You can't just turtle, that is not "intelligently" defending, that is just defending. I think it's worth talking about if High has a job with the UFC anymore after pushing the ref...

Nah cigano looks at herb when he is beating shanes ass and he doesnt stop it I believe it was herb

Don't be ignorant. 9/10 times they look at the ref because their opponent is done. Jason High was done. Dos Anjos was letting up on him that is why it looked like High was still in the fight, if Dos Anjos went full steam head, High would have just gotten more hurt. Good stoppage, good on Dos Anjos.

the only problem with that fight was dos anjos and his sickening back of the head shots.

Don't be ignorant. 9/10 times they look at the ref because their opponent is done. Jason High was done. Dos Anjos was letting up on him that is why it looked like High was still in the fight, if Dos Anjos went full steam head, High would have just gotten more hurt. Good stoppage, good on Dos Anjos.

This all day.

Sick of this crap.

Lose a point?!?! Lolololololol!!

That was a good stoppage. He was rocked and had his hand trapped under RDA's leg. How many unanswered blows should he take.

Until he isn't conscious. I know that is an unpopular opinion but this pattycake punch stoppage epidemic is ridiculous.

He took shots because he was in deep half. The shots were a joke and he could have eaten those all night. Let the guys work damn.

The guy wasn't intelligently defending himself. Faber just gave a thumbs up, while the former number 1 p4p fighter rained down hammerfist.

Until he isn't conscious. I know that is an unpopular opinion

It's not that it is an unpopular opinion, it is possibly the stupidest opinion anyone could ever have. This isn't how sports work. Do you understand what happens when someone loses consciousness? You are just begging for fighters to have more brain injuries than they already do. That's fuckin disgusting man, you should not be a fan of MMA, or any sport with that attitude.

I think High was winning the fight until getting rocked...

And hell, he had enough energy to push the ref. Surely he could've continued easily. :)

Back