So Lombard beat a Palhares on Steroids..

While I'm pulling for Lombard and hope he does wreck Okami that's quite a bold statement to make. Yushin has the tools to derail another potential contender by boring three round dry hump. I hope he doesn't though.

The MODs felt it was too controversial a thread because of it's involvement with race and nationalities.

I can understand that but it is still an insane issue to just simply ignore. And I am mulatto myself.

That's too bad, that thread was very interesting.

Was any one really surprised about rasamar phalouraous tested positive for steroids?? I guess he got greedy on his cycle this time

Do you think this credits his win more?

It would but so many of the guys are rumored to be on PED or legal stuff that is expensive and might as well be PED's. I'm sure more fighters take them than we know of Mac Danzig talked about it on Joe Rogan's podcast. He said good friends of his well known guys who deny taking it are.

No. As stated before, Palhares is a gimme matchup for Lombard, steroids or not. Palhares, if not cut, will get a few easy opponents that he can submit impressively, then when the hype is back he will be fed to someone the UFC wants to build up with an "impressive" win. Maybe Bisping if he needs one coming off of a knockout loss to either Belfort or if he wins that then to Silva.

Not his chin. Palhares lacks the mind of a fighter. He breaks quicker than almost anyone else in the UFC. No amount of testosterone will fix that.

I agree.. but I also think his lack of fighter mindset and not being able to take a punch are related..
it was the same with brock lesnar

I don't think so. Maybe just a little bit but most of the time if someone fails a test it probably wasn't the first time they did it.

I wonder what the stats are for fighters who've test positive in regards to wins/losses. I bet it would be near 1:1.

Not his chin. Palhares lacks the mind of a fighter. He breaks quicker than almost anyone else in the UFC. No amount of testosterone will fix that.

he showed good durability against hendo in his early ufc days, hendo hit him with bombs and he did well, who knows maybe his chin is shot from taking too many in the gym/previous fights. i didnt see his last fight against lombard but from what i heard he got dominated pretty badly.

Looks like another accusation that can't be sourced.

I haven't seen any source say that Palhares was caught using steroids.

I agree.. but I also think his lack of fighter mindset and not being able to take a punch are related..
it was the same with brock lesnar

I definitely agree with that but it's still not a "chin" issue

he showed good durability against hendo in his early ufc days, hendo hit him with bombs and he did well, who knows maybe his chin is shot from taking too many in the gym/previous fights. i didnt see his last fight against lombard but from what i heard he got dominated pretty badly.

Not much happened in the Hendo fight. Palhares did a bunch of capoeira and pulled guard. Hendo ground and pounded him a bit. Didn't test his durability or his heart.

His chin is fine. He just wants out of a fight as soon as he's hit in the face. Common with the rest of the human population. Not so much in UFC fighters.

steroids dont magically make you a better fighter.

It is EXTREMELY difficult to look like that naturally, so it becoming official that he has taken something doesn't surprise me all that much. Palhares has a look and mystique about him but at the end of the day he's maybe a fringe top 10 MW, so while it was definitely a good (and needed) win for Lombard, I don't think this news elevates it all that much.

Also, all fighters are on steroids whether they are legal or the illegal kind.

Back