So lets talk Diego Brandao a little bit here

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
He is fighting Jimy Hettes soon. Is that a fight he should win?

After he won TUF i thought for sure the guy would be a contender in no time. After i heard he was with Jackson's i was even more confident in it. Well, clearly i was wrong.

What do you think of him?

Very exciting in the first round. That's all imo. He could go farther, but his "I'll kill you, motherfucker" mentality won't let him.

Still first page and topic looks gassed already.

he gets to emotional and gases.

Rooted for him on TUF and every fight hes had in the ufc. Hettes is tough but has problems with the more athletic guys, if brandao dosnt lose steam he should win

Too wild and has bad cardio. He has solid power and great bjj
I think he wins. Hettes is not good striker and if he takes brandao down will have problems there as well

He reminds me of early Wand, but i guess MMA is much more technical this days, you got to fight smarter.

That said i still believe he might improve enough to be a real contender, he has the talent, only lacks mentality.

His emotion makes him throw recklessly which means he loses all his steam early on. That's the main reason Porier and McGregor put him away so early. He gasses then crumbles.

He reminds me of early Wand, but i guess MMA is much more technical this days, you got to fight smarter.

That said i still believe he might improve enough to be a real contender, he has the talent, only lacks mentality.

Yeah kinda like melvin guillard. The young assassin is a worse case of wasted potential tho

He looked good vs Garza, but apart from that, nothing more... he goes for the finish too quickly and when he doesn't get it (frequently) he gasses, then loses.

Psycho but pretty entertaining til he gasses...shame, he's got a nasty skillset.

That said, I expect even a tired Brandao to win a UD over Hettes. It'll look like the Brimage fight but sloppier, Hettes' wrestling isn't good enough to take Diego down and I don't see his judo doing much better.

This thread gave me a thought, with Dodson, TJ and to a lesser extent guys like brandao, brimage, bermudez, corassani and gaudinot was that the most recent series of TUF that yielded a decent crop of fighters?

Brandao doesn't have the mental and emotional toughness to ever be a serious contender. There are a lot of intangibles required to get to the top and Brandao is lacking some of the important ones.

This thread gave me a thought, with Dodson, TJ and to a lesser extent guys like brandao, brimage, bermudez, corassani and gaudinot was that the most recent series of TUF that yielded a decent crop of fighters?

Yup. Tj and Dodson alone made that season succesful.

Back