So lets talk about Alex Cacares

EARLOBE

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This guy has become one of my favourite fighters. I couldn't stand him on TUF and shortly after I made a thread saying that he was the worst fighter in the UFC.

He's progressed so much in the last couple of years and always puts on an exciting fight.

His striking is always fun to watch, excellent footwork and keep a fast pace. He needs to work on his striking defence though, at the moment it consists of just getting out of the way.

His ground game is always exciting as well. He's always looking for something, whether it's a sub or a transition.

All of this, and he should be on a 6 fight win streak right now (Figueroa was a robbery, even with the 2 point reduction).

So what does everybody think about Bruce Leeroy, is he ready for a step up in competition? Who would you put him up against? I'd love to see him against George Roop. I reckon it'd be a barn burner.

i hear ya he was annoying on the show, but hes a terrific fighter and had some tough breaks in some decisions. even this last fight of his, i couldnt believe it was a split... like how could any judge not give him 2 rounds? something needs to be done with judging asap

Dark horse of BW division IMO. I seriously think he's gonna break through next year. Getting sharper all the time.

AND he should be 6-0 in BW already. Sure there's some controversy but still..

Alex FB Prelim Cacares.
Give this man a top 8-15 opponent already.

I think he has more potential than almost anyone at BW, he needs a step up in competition. He is a beast, and should be 6-0 at BW.

Dude is tough as hell both mentally and physically. He's got a lot of potential.

He put on a good fight vs Delorme. But "should be 6-0", idk man, iirc I thought he lost vs Kyung Ho Kang.

remember when caceres was the posterchild on sherdog for how tuf didn't care about skilled guys, and only cared about personalities.

god sherdog is fucking stupid.

give him roop/cisco winner.

remember when caceres was the posterchild on sherdog for how tuf didn't care about skilled guys, and only cared about personalities.

god sherdog is fucking stupid.

give him roop/cisco winner.

He really did suck back then though. His style was flashy, but totally ineffective.

He's gotten a lot better for sure

I remember when he got steamrolled by Mackens Semerzier and he didn't look ufc calibre(Semerzier is a good fighter though)

Now he can hang with and beat legit dudes

is it just me or does he have some natural charisma?

Also he seems to be ever improving.

It's not just his hyper behavior either.

It's just that he's a good self-promoter, and exciting to watch.. I honestly don't remember anything else from the TUF season he was, except for him being Bruce Leeroy.

And even though they showed his fight on PPV after the title fight which already burnt all my adrenaline, I still watched because I find Bruce Leeroy interesting.

He's still really young, I hope he keeps getting better and better. This is someone who has the 'it' factor.

Would like to see him use more boxing.
His boxing was much more improved against Delorme.

Back