So let me get this straight...

Conor comes out looking good. Ready and willing to fight.

This place is so fuckin weird when it comes to this rankings shit. People really don’t wanna see Max Holloway the fighter fight Tony Ferguson the fighter because “Max Holloway the featherweight hasn’t earned the fight with Tony Ferguson the lightweight”.

The one thing that should bother people is guys sitting out forever, or pulling out of fights. Otherwise, who cares as long as all the best guys within 25 pounds are fighting each other.

I believe they promised him a TS post Eddie but he took the big Diaz fight, he feel lied to though nothing an extra 200k won’t fix.
Edgar vs Holloway is my dream match a FW atm, as good as max is he hasn’t faced a wrestler like Frankie and I would like to see how he deals with it, if he wins I’d put him a little closer to Aldo I’m Goat talks

me too. i know frankie is a legend and id love to be wrong but at this point i think frankie gets TKO'D. That doesnt at all mean he doesnt deserve the shot, im just throwing my pick out there

This place is so fuckin weird when it comes to this rankings shit. People really don’t wanna see Max Holloway the fighter fight Tony Ferguson the fighter because “Max Holloway the featherweight hasn’t earned the fight with Tony Ferguson the lightweight”.

The one thing that should bother people is guys sitting out forever, or pulling out of fights. Otherwise, who cares as long as all the best guys within 25 pounds are fighting each other.
right.

and there are 2 of the UFC's best "warriors" too

The champ is sitting for over a year because his friends got in a fight after the fight.
The number one ranked is fighting a unranked Featherweight
The number 2 is fighting the number 9
The number 3 isn’t fighting in general
The number 4 is pissed the number 3 isn’t fighting the number 5 wants a unranked Russian
Whilst 6 and 7 are fighting which is good
The number 8 is now fucking off to welterweight to fight the former number one ranked and current number 4 ranked in what could be a title eliminator.
The number 9 is fighting number 2
Whilst the number 10 ranked hasn’t fought at LW in three years
Where did it all go wrong at lightweight, what a clusterfuck.
How would you fix it and imagine if George got his hands on this division.

Seems like a bunch of number 2.

It all went to shit when they stripped Tony of his interim belt. He would've kept the division healthy. Renan Barao was defending an interim belt while Cruz was out, and his defense transfered over once he became undisputed champ. Could've done the same the same at LW while the UFC went on their shameless Conor money grab spree. If it weren't for the suspensions we'd already have that rematch.

Both Tony vs Max and Conor vs Cerrone are far from official. I have no problem with Holloway vs Ferguson I just wish it could be for the real belt. Khabib doesn't want to fight anymore. I know Holloway isn't ranked at 155 but how often do champs go up a weight class to fight contenders before challenging for the title?

Worst thing about Holloway vs Ferguson (if it happens) is that the winner would undoubtedly get screwed over in favor of Conor or GSP.

Don't be bitching we all know Tony is the real champ and kebob vs Conrad was just a money fight

me too. i know frankie is a legend and id love to be wrong but at this point i think frankie gets TKO'D. That doesnt at all mean he doesnt deserve the shot, im just throwing my pick out there
I think Frankie could get a submission or decision win though it depends on Max’s Tdd remember Edgar made a career beating bigger fighters.
Holloway would be a favourite and rightly so.

tenor.gif

I think Frankie could get a submission or decision win though it depends on Max’s Tdd remember Edgar made a career beating bigger fighters.
Holloway would be a favourite and rightly so.

yeah if his chin is still good. Max isnt really a power puncher so maybe. I just cant help but think frankie is kinda shot... hes the man though and i was disappointed when ortega hit the kill shot on him. I thought it was a fluke.

Both Tony vs Max and Conor vs Cerrone are far from official. I have no problem with Holloway vs Ferguson I just wish it could be for the real belt. Khabib doesn't want to fight anymore. I know Holloway isn't ranked at 155 but how often do champs go up a weight class to fight contenders before challenging for the title?

Worst thing about Holloway vs Ferguson (if it happens) is that the winner would undoubtedly get screwed over in favor of Conor or GSP.
I agree, I see it as very disrespectful to offer Tony another interim after what they did last time. It’s very simple, strip Khabib have Tony fight for the vacant then if Khabib wants to box in Russia or fight Conor again he can and we he comes back he fights for the title McGregor style.

I agree, I see it as very disrespectful to offer Tony another interim after what they did last time. It’s very simple, strip Khabib have Tony fight for the vacant then if Khabib wants to box in Russia or fight Conor again he can and we he comes back he fights for the title McGregor style.

thats EXACTLY what they should do. Strip Khabib if hes fit to fight and is on some type of protest. I think they are worried he would really dip though. Thats the move though, give him the belt and make someone take it from him.

thats EXACTLY what they should do. Strip Khabib if hes fit to fight and is on some type of protest. I think they are worried he would really dip though. Thats the move though, give him the belt and make someone take it from him.
Very true but Khabib might not come back if stripped and the UFC really want that Conor rematch money.
He also only has one fight on his contract which is problematic for the UFC

“so let me get this straight” never proceeds a charitable, good-faith attempt to understand the facts, in my experience

I’m not sure about this time though because I didn’t read.

Last edited:
Very true but Khabib might not come back if stripped and the UFC really want that Conor rematch money.
He also only has one fight on his contract which is problematic for the UFC

yeah they cant strip him because then he wont have the champ clause lol... and i agree this is the worst ive ever seen the UFC be over the barrel with a fighter. Khabib holds a lot of chips and hes actually using them

The champ is sitting for over a year because his friends got in a fight after the fight.
The number one ranked is fighting a unranked Featherweight
The number 2 is fighting the number 9
The number 3 isn’t fighting in general
The number 4 is pissed the number 3 isn’t fighting the number 5 wants a unranked Russian
Whilst 6 and 7 are fighting which is good
The number 8 is now fucking off to welterweight to fight the former number one ranked and current number 4 ranked in what could be a title eliminator.
The number 9 is fighting number 2
Whilst the number 10 ranked hasn’t fought at LW in three years
Where did it all go wrong at lightweight, what a clusterfuck.
How would you fix it and imagine if George got his hands on this division.

What did GSP do to hurt or hold up the MW division?

He was not the champion and therefore could not demand a title fight. He could not dictate when or against whom a title fight would happen. He fought and won. Within a matter of weeks he disclosed a medical condition and vacated. The title immediately switched to Whittaker, the interim champion.

Quit your obvious lies and bullshit. What harm could GSP WINNING the LW title do?

He beats the undefeated and then retires. Tony and Khabib or Tony and McGregor fightfor the belt.

Stop your lying. If you have to lie to make your point you never had one.

You know this.

You play to the lowest common denominator and you know it. It’s a good thing so many people of below average intelligence post here.

These interim belts are garbage nowadays, they're just for show. Somebody pulls out and bam it's interim time! It's like what they did with Holloway vs Pettis. They lost DC vs Rumble as the main so they bumped Aldo back up to the undisputed champ and made Holloway vs Pettis for the Interim...

Interim belts are only supposed to be handed out when a champ is inactive for an extended period of time. I guess that actually fits the bill this time but like you said Tony already had the interim belt before they took it from him. If Jones got stripped because of that hit and run then I have no idea why Khabib hasn't been, I guess they're nothing if not inconsistent.

The problem is, they can't have Conor fight anyone that will just fucking maul him again. So they have to do some divisional gymnastics to make the fights between all of the killers seem interesting while keeping him away from those that would make him look weak.

Back