So let me get this straight, Jones is suspected of PED use now?

Why is the low testosterone getting so much less air than the coke though?

One is possible evidence you might be cheating. The other is positive proof you're a baller.

Yes and it's a real concern because his hormone levels can't really be explained naturally. Either the test has been fucked up in some way or he's guilty of using a PED.

seems pretty cut and dried. you dont get a T/E ratio that fucked up without using steroids and cycling off. period

everything else is wishful thinking and a smoke screen provided by dana with the cocaine thing

As soon as as he failed that out of competition drug test, you just knew the dam was gonna bust wide open with people turning over every rock looking in every crack to find something else, something more, something to destroy him.

Strange species we humans the only animals that take pleasure in someone else's suffering.

Yup, we're the masters of Schadenfreude (pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others). I know that no one forced him to do what he did, but I do want him to get himself straight. But that's just me...

Or the fact that JBJ's unprecedented run to LHW GOATness may be tainted is enough to get the MMA community curious?

When you got definite proof of PED's you let us all know until then this is nothing more than TMZ like speculation.

my take on this is that he isnt getting the press hype over low T because it's low T. If he was on overeem levels, or if they found metabolites of touring france, then he would be scrutinized. low T isnt as sensational as T levels over 9000

When you got definite proof of PED's you let us all know until then this is nothing more than TMZ like speculation.

No it's not actually. You just aren't able to comprehend for some reason. What is he doing to increase his E naturally? It doesn't happen, I've searched through a lot of medical databases for diseases, genes, variations or whatever, and I didn't find a single reason that explains his rising E.

Yup, we're the masters of Schadenfreude (pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others). I know that no one forced him to do what he did, but I do want him to get himself straight. But that's just me...

Same here. But if he cheated with PEDs then he deserves to lose the belt. He's young. Let him get straightened out and regain the belt without cheating or using cocaine.

Honestly I still think he would be champion without cocaine or PEDs however he needs to prove that again if it is the case that he is guilty of PED use.

Oh come on, it's perfectly natural for a beast GOAT mma fighter to naturally have low testosterone, lol. Chael told me so.

Everyone at the top level is using, not acknowledging this is just being naive. Using PED shouldn

Well if there is something fishy going on then it's worth looking in to. IF the cocaine thing is a cover up for PED usage, then it's not people taking pleasure in watching HIM suffer as much as it's worth finding out so other light heavyweight fighters don't have to suffer knowing a cheater is getting a pass only because of his popularity.

The UFC has been getting on my nerves lately. I understand it's a business, and as a business it's sole purpose is to make money, but they are dragging the sport of MMA through the mud at this point...making it look REALLY bad AS a sport.

The only thing we know that is true at the moment is Jon tested positive for cocaine metabolites. All this other stuff is speculation & conjecture and made up Sherdog theorists.

Same here. But if he cheated with PEDs then he deserves to lose the belt. He's young. Let him get straightened out and regain the belt without cheating or using cocaine.

Honestly I still think he would be champion without cocaine or PEDs however he needs to prove that again if it is the case that he is guilty of PED use.

I agree 100%. I think that watching him begin again from square one to climb to the zenith would be an epic Rocky-esque saga.

He was WAY below average that's the thing if you believe that one guy from Reddit his T was on the level of a man with no balls. He wasn't in the lower levels of what#s normal he was way below what is normal

Hello I'm on this website too!

Just to clarify: I used the example of an average man with a T:E ratio of 1:1. If his ratio dropped to a level of 0.19:1 like Jon's did without a change in epitestosterone levels, he would've had an 81% decrease in testosterone. To put that into perspective, I brought up how somebody undergoing ochiectomy (surgical removal of the testicles for such things as prostate cancer treatment) experiences a 90% decrease in testosterone (proof).

So, I said that (in addition to showing a couple studies that showed cocaine has no significant effect on T levels) to make a point about how significant these numbers were. People said that Jones' T levels could drop like that because of partying too much before a test, or cutting weight, or having a rough training camp and that that would explain the low ratio. I made that comparison to say, yes, your T levels might be a little lower from a long day sparring. But your balls aren't gonna fall right off. Clearly, something else (injecting epi-T) is responsible.

Perhaps more worryingly, MMA media is currently reporting that in the weeks prior to the bout, an official visited Jones at his training camp in New Mexico to perform a drug test. According to the report, Jones hid under the ring/cage in the gym to avoid being seen and tested by the official. This is an extremely serious allegation.
I did a Google search & found no mention of this.

Yes. It is questionable. However, I've also read that cocaine can cause low testosterone levels. I'd like to see an expert address that.

The t/e levels do not indicate a low or high testosterone level. They just indicate the level of testosterone in the blood compared the epitestosterone. An average human being has a: 1/1 ratio (may slightly differ between races and individuals).
A low level may indicate low levels of testosterone but can also indicate high levels of epitestosterone. A higher level then 1/1 may indicate steroid use(chael sonnen). But a lower value also can indicate higher levels of epitestosterone which can mask higher levels of testosterone if administered into the body. This only one of many possibility's though.

The only natural causes for such low levels of t/e indicate illnesses. Unnatural causes could be masking agents or fucked up hormone levels due to cycling steroids.
Jon Jones a young champion with a great physique in top condition is unlikely to have any form of natural hormone issues. So theres only one logical explanation left.

Last edited:
The only thing we know that is true at the moment is Jon tested positive for cocaine metabolites. All this other stuff is speculation & conjecture and made up Sherdog theorists.

Wrong. What we also know for sure is that his three t/e ratio tests indicated that something is wildly off about his hormone levels. That is not speculation. That is fact.

.19:1 is the ratio you would find in a pre pubescent Asian girl. Not in a healthy 27 year old black pro athlete.

These are all facts.

I was confused at first, but understood enough to realize that Jones popping a .29:1 T/E ratio was by far the most interesting fact to surface from this stew so far. So, I basically sacrificed an entire day of work to marinate on the issue and try and research it as best I could.
Step away from the scenario, and just consider it pragmatically. Jon Jones, a 27 year old combat sport champion, and freak athlete tested well below the 95th percentile on his testosterone to epitestosterone ratio; dangerously low in fact. His test represents a 70% drop from what is considered "normal". In comparison, removing your testicles would result in a 90% drop. I wonder what the "normal" ratio is for a 27 year old athlete? Is it 1:1 or closer to the legal limit of 4:1? I have no idea on this, but it does stand to reason that most premier athletes would land on the higher end of the normal range.
Now, this would be a little less incriminating if we were talking about a post-fight test. It isn't unusual for hormonal imbalances to occur after a grueling fight. This however, is from his December 4th OOC test, when he wasn't even fully involved in his camp...he was in Brazil attending a "seminar" just 4 days earlier.
According to medical professionals who are weighing in on the issue, there are only two scenarios that could result in this kind of result. 1. A rare problem with his endocrine system that affects testosterone production, or 2. A broad range of PED issues that include either coming off a cycle or using masking agents to raise E levels.
Which is more likely? That Jon Jones has a medical condition that results in testosterone production that falls below 95% of the world, and just isn't receiving treatment, or that he is involved with PED's?
It is also worth noting that the only other time I can recall a dangerously low T/E ratio coming up, in 20 years as a fan, was Alistair Overeem's post fight sample after the BF fight. This, his first fight back after serving a suspension for an OOC sample that indicated a 14:1 ratio...
No, none of this is proof, but it is incredibly compelling and certainly interesting.
What do you guys think? Logic can only take me to one place here.

No it's not actually. You just aren't able to comprehend for some reason. What is he doing to increase his E naturally? It doesn't happen, I've searched through a lot of medical databases for diseases, genes, variations or whatever, and I didn't find a single reason that explains his rising E.

You seem like a pretty reasonable person considering Jon's high profile status you really don't think he's not been randomly tested over the years? Look how many active UFC fighters have tested positive for PED's over the years some with multiple fails. Jon's 1st registered fail is not for a PED but a recreational drug which is actually more shocking than a PED to me.

Funny for years people have been crying foul saying he's just as a physical height and reach advantage over guys in his division. Now you all ready to toss that theory and blame it on PED's without one stick of proof?

As soon as as he failed that out of competition drug test, you just knew the dam was gonna bust wide open with people turning over every rock looking in every crack to find something else, something more, something to destroy him.

Strange species we humans the only animals that take pleasure in someone else's suffering.

That's not true at all, look up stuff about intelligent animals like Orcas and Dolphins.

Back