So let me get this straight, Jones is suspected of PED use now?

SnapTheLankyGuy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Because of those low test results? It's hard to wade through this mess since we were just talking so much about Cocaine use.

His test levels were lower than average for a man his age, therefore it is possible he was off a cycle?

His resume and reputation are forever tainted.

Yes. It is questionable. However, I've also read that cocaine can cause low testosterone levels. I'd like to see an expert address that.

The only thing that I know is that he popped positive for cocaine.
I'm confused as heck on the rest... :eek:

Yes. It is questionable. However, I've also read that cocaine can cause low testosterone levels. I'd like to see an expert address that.

Every time I've seen that potential explanation be put forward, someone always said that cocaine doesn't really have that effect. So for the moment, I do not accept that possible explanation.

Everything surrounding this whole debacle is questionable.

I am very confused as well BUT I will pretend I understand

What a mess, GOAT fighter anyway imo.

its a POSSIBILITY

i hope not cause i want to see gus mauling him regardless of his physical condition, cause thats what he did in the first fight and he will do worse on the second

i dont want gus to get the title and people question him cause he never beat jj or w/e

and it wont certainly feel the same for him

His levels heavily indicate that he was coming off a cycle, there is no other valid explanation for it.
Not really confusing. The coke story is the cover, the sample for further testing will probably be lost, and all the mainstream media will focus on is the party drug, not the high chance that he's been on PEDs for most of his career.

The low T/E numbers present an interesting theory but it's correlation not proof. So it's just good fodder for the internets for now.

Well you came to the right place! Sherdog is full of experts.

Well, rumor has it that too much coke makes it very hard to get it up...... so there's that.

His levels heavily indicate that he was coming off a cycle, there is no other valid explanation for it.
Not really confusing. The coke story is the cover, the sample for further testing will probably be lost, and all the mainstream media will focus on is the party drug, not the high chance that he's been on PEDs for most of his career.

Nailed it.

/thread

This is what i have been wondering - is the coke thing just a smokescreen for the PED issue? It's certainly taken most of the attention away from those questionable hormone levels. And it's pretty easy for the public to forgive a celebrity for recreational drug use as long as they do the rehab thing. But people don't forgive you for cheating, and the UFC's (arguably) biggest star getting caught on PEDs would be pretty horrible for the promotion.

For what it's worth, I hope he's not on PEDs...I'd much rather see him lose a rematch to DC than go down in flames for cheating.

Yes there is definitely a feeling that something dirty is going on and I'm not just talking about Jones taking cocaine. It feels like it's been played down/covered up right from the start. Fo9r instance why did the results only come out AFTER the fight? And there are so many more issues. I won't type them all out again but people are bringing them up.

He was WAY below average that's the thing if you believe that one guy from Reddit his T was on the level of a man with no balls. He wasn't in the lower levels of what#s normal he was way below what is normal

Even if it lowered t levels it wouldn't impact the ratio as epit would go down in equal measure.

The only thing that I know is that he popped positive for cocaine.
I'm confused as heck on the rest... :eek:

As soon as as he failed that out of competition drug test, you just knew the dam was gonna bust wide open with people turning over every rock looking in every crack to find something else, something more, something to destroy him.

Strange species we humans the only animals that take pleasure in someone else's suffering.

Back