So let me get this straight Conor/ Bisping could duck there division top contenders but Tyron cant ?

How many fighters call figthers out in this sport ? So he didnt fight the dude that got out kick boxed by Tim Boetsch and ko by a 45 year old to fight the more dangerous CHAMPION. So whats your point ?

Well at the time Lombard was a top contender and was close to getting a titleshot himself. He and Woodley were very close in the rankings and had previously trained together. Woodley's excuse for not wanting the fight was because he and Hector had history together as training partners and we're friends. Hector basically calls bullshit said they were not friends and he wanted to fight Woodley.

Now he's trying to pull the same shit, wants to fight Nick Diaz who hasn't fought in like two years, hasn't won a fight in even longer, isn't even ranked in the division over #1 contender Stephen Thompson. Woodley likes to pick and choose fights that he thinks he has the edge in style wise, then gives excuses like "we're friends" (Lombard fight) or "it's the money fight" (Diaz fight). He is not the kind of fighter who accepts any and all challnges which is why I'm not a fan of his. Props on the win last night though, he won fair and square, I'm not trying to take that away from him.

I don't think any newly crowned champs should be calling their own matchups. Once they've cleared out their divisions...then, maybe. Fighters have a short window to work with in their careers, and don't need some selfish belt holders putting their merit on hiatus when they've earned it.

Wait, Conor and Bisping got destroyed for ducking. Are you just ignoring that fact to create some weird narrative or were you not here the past few months?

They've both gotten tons of shit for ducking opponents. o_O

We all know racism exists but skin color isn't the be all end all deciding factor in the world the way most out spoken anti-racists act like it is.

Michael Bisping could fight 45 year old Dan Henderson who is 3 -3 in his last 6 and ranked 13. Conor can duck Frankie Edgar and a Aldo rematch, but Tyron Woodley cant fight GSP or Nick Diaz ? For months i been hearing Bispings fans make a THOUSAND excuses for him to duck the entire MW division to fight a 45 year old, but when Tyron Woodley does it hes a duck lol ?
cute-thats-racist-gif-854.gif

Yes, he ducked Edgar and Aldo to move up weight and fight Rafael Dos Sorefoot. Makes total sense brah

Bisping is fighting Henderson because of their past history. It's going to sell tickets

I'd rather see a rubber match between Luke and Bisping since we're talking about storyline.

I'd rather see a rubber match between Luke and Bisping since we're talking about storyline.
Yeah, MMA-wise that would make sense. But there is more money to be made by fighting Henderson.

The UFC matchmaking is a mess right now. :rolleyes: I guess Dana is too busy hanging around with Serra and the Tooth. That, or they stopped giving a fuck about the rankings.

Woodley does not yet merit calling his own shot. If he beats Thompson then I think he can have more say.

What is all this USADA stuff??? I see Robbie, Rory, and Carlos thrown in this category.

Michael Bisping could fight 45 year old Dan Henderson who is 3 -3 in his last 6 and ranked 13. Conor can duck Frankie Edgar and a Aldo rematch, but Tyron Woodley cant fight GSP or Nick Diaz ? For months i been hearing Bispings fans make a THOUSAND excuses for him to duck the entire MW division to fight a 45 year old, but when Tyron Woodley does it hes a duck lol ?
Just cause they fucked up twice doesn't mean we have to have another.

I'd rather see Romero Vs Bisping, or Jacare Vs Bisping. Hendo caused years of Bisping being mocked by fans, Bisping already avenged his loss to Rockhold.

Both Edgar and Aldo were offered the fight before Nate Diaz. Not really the same thing.

yeah dan is 3-3 at least his still fighting and winning nick hasn't won in 5 years not relavent at ww at all. Conor and bisping build up story and interest for the fight story of redemption and revenge. Woodly just says i want to make money wow thats so interesting i so want to buy this ppv so good old twood can make money. this fight is meaningless no story no intetest no relavents to ww just all about twood making money.

How are the three situations the same? Woodley sat out the last year and a half for a title shot he didn't even earn. Now, in his first title defense, he wants to fight Winless in almost 5 years Nick Diaz? This isn't racism, it's more dumb shit that came out of Woodley's mouth in the last two weeks.

I think theres a good argument that Nick is more relevant than Hendo at this point, granted he's not fought much in recent years but we've pretty clearly seen that Hendo is on the decline.
more Relevant yeah
LJrQL0.gif

now you want break out the last relevant win Nick had oh yeah can we even find strike force gifs anymore

The McGregor/Diaz rematch has never been hotter than right now. You don't miss out on the opportunity to do it again

Any McGregor match will be hot, and there will be ample opportunity to do it again. Whether Conor is champ or not, he's gonna move up again at some point, and it doesn't matter if Nate loses in the meantime, he'll always have that win over Conor to make the fight interesting.

Conor will draw against anyone at any weight

Conor and Bisping both got shit for fighting Nate and Hendo.

WTF are u blabbing about lol

It's funny seeing sherdoggers trying to rationalize Conor and Bisping being allowed to take meaningless money fights while denying Woodley the same privilege.

Any McGregor match will be hot, and there will be ample opportunity to do it again. Whether Conor is champ or not, he's gonna move up again at some point, and it doesn't matter if Nate loses in the meantime, he'll always have that win over Conor to make the fight interesting.

Conor will draw against anyone at any weight

Fight wouldn't be nearly as big as right now.

Back