So Khabib is ducking Aldo? lol how ironic

Why would it more valuable to fight Ferguson? It would be a fight for an interim belt, it would be literally the most valuable fight he could get.
I didnt realize when i typed that its for the interim belt,but honestly,Aldo got starched by Conor in 13 seconds. What does Khabib beating him really do for him right now. Hes not gonna beat aldo in seconds,so he allready looks like less strong of a challenger than if he fought Ferguson who is on fire right now with his win over RDA,and a true 155er.

It's a dangerous and risky fight. Conor is a better fight stylistically.

It doesn't make sense though. Why would Aldo be offered an interim LW title fight when Dana already knows damn well that Conor won't fight him?

why wouldnt conor fight aldo if the fight is at 155. I do agree its strange aldo got the shot,but not for that reason.

actually makes total sense. Holloway says he's injured. Ferguson won't fight unless the UFC gives him a raise. So now you have Aldo and Khabib with no opponents and they're trying to set them up to fight for interim LW. Both fighters have bigger feuds with Mcgregor than Holloway and Ferguson. Great future fight for Mcgregor.

Aldo could have just said that "the fighter declined" but the fact that Aldo actually gave a detail "fighter's FATHER doesn't want him to fight" makes this more factual. Can't be a lie with that detail especially since Khabib is the only one trained by his father.

If its for the interim title, then someone tweet Khabib that. See how he responds? I'm sure he'd love to take the belt. Ferguson or not.

why wouldnt conor fight aldo if the fight is at 155. I do agree its strange aldo got the shot,but not for that reason.

For all of the reasons that he gave for not fighting him at FW. Conor has been very clear that he does not want that fight.

Nurmy should not fight anyone but mcgregor. Seriously people wtf?

For all of the reasons that he gave for not fighting him at FW. Conor has been very clear that he does not want that fight.
ah i dont belive that shit. The only reason they aint done a rematch is cos he dont wanna cut the weight anymore imo.

Nurmy should not fight anyone but mcgregor. Seriously people wtf?
I believe its fair he fight ferguson,they both have equal claim to the title but im not gonna cry no tears if khabib leapfrogs him.

really.. some kid who has never been champ in his life and has been fighting mediocre competition is more dangerous than the p4p #1 unbeaten 10 year nearly longest win streak and title defense in the toughest deepest division. o_O
Under no circumstances is FW the toughest division. Aldo and Ferguson are probably about equal when you consider the size difference.

This whole thing is just weird. I'm not sure why the UFC would offer Aldo a LW interim title fight when there are already 2 guys plenty deserving who just got passed up last month by a guy who got finished this year and decided to take a break with the belt after winning. This is now 3 interim belts they've given out in 6 months in just 2 divisions. Are they trying to make UFC titles even more meaningless than they already have?

And how can Aldo give a date for a fight if the other guy turned it down?

ah i dont belive that shit. The only reason they aint done a rematch is cos he dont wanna cut the weight anymore imo.

Actually I think the real reason that he did not want to rematch Aldo was because he did not want to risk losing the mystique of the 13 second KO.

Of course Khabib is scared of Aldo but he is willing to fight Ferguson who is more dangerous ... lol
I think khabib wants the ferguson fight as you know it'll give him the title shot, you know they'll spin the Aldo is a FW if khabib wins.

Actually I think the real reason that he did not want to rematch Aldo was because he did not want to risk losing the mystique of the 13 second KO.
I dont blame him for moving on,but if if say aldo had beaten khabib,there is no reason to duck that fight. That fight is money.

Aldo does have really good TDD. I'm shocked the fight was offered to Aldo in the first place.
Mark Hominick disagrees. Khabib would absolutely rag doll him into a living death. People still don't get that Khabib is on a whole new level than anything we have seen before, much like Conor's striking is on another level. I mean, afterall, we never saw Aldo get KO'd, did we? Who has done that to RDA? Who has done that to MJ? The Tibau fight was an MMA lifetime ago, before he was ragdolling Luke Rockhold at AKA.

Khabib presents a whole new set of questions that Aldo has never answered. Simply because he only got taken down a handful of times by Chad (a short quick American wrestler with a blast double) does not mean that he can handle Khabib (the much larger judo, wrestling and sambo champ who has the most complete grappling game we have ever seen). Chad doesn't have throws and a variety of trips. Chad isn't able to string things together against the cage like Khabib, go from folk style to judo in microseconds. Every guy that has essentially fought Khabib (atleast the modern Khabib) never got ragdolled before but they all looked like amateurs by the end.

The only way you are going to stop Khabib, while being near his weight, will be to KTFO him. And this new Aldo, he aint KO'ing anyone. In fact, I'd be shocked if Aldo beat MJ. There are levels to this and Khabib is on a completely different level than anything that we have seen before and if you dont finish him, you are gonna get your shit caved in.

Last edited:
I think khabib wants the ferguson fight as you know it'll give him the title shot, you know they'll spin the Aldo is a FW if khabib wins.
exactly. Aldo is the FW who lost to Conor in 13 seconds. Even if Khabib stops aldo in the first,he didnt do it as cool as Conor,and its a higher weight class. Beating Ferguson makes it better,because you have two top contenders who earned their way there and we neither of them have faced Conor yet so its fresh.

Under no circumstances is FW the toughest division. Aldo and Ferguson are probably about equal when you consider the size difference.

This whole thing is just weird. I'm not sure why the UFC would offer Aldo a LW interim title fight when there are already 2 guys plenty deserving who just got passed up last month by a guy who got finished this year and decided to take a break with the belt after winning. This is now 3 interim belts they've given out in 6 months in just 2 divisions. Are they trying to make UFC titles even more meaningless than they already have?

And how can Aldo give a date for a fight if the other guy turned it down?
its really weird to me too,doesnt make sense.

I believe its fair he fight ferguson,they both have equal claim to the title but im not gonna cry no tears if khabib leapfrogs him.
The UFC should pick one of them to fight mcgregor. Which doesn't matter. It is not fair for contenders to knock each off while the champion does nothing.

Plus if he beats Aldo, and it takes a while, Conor will say "Khabibs a bum, ye! It took me 13 fookin' seconds to do what took him tree rounds, ye! Im not interested in that fight, ye". Aldo is still damaged goods at this point, almost the laughing stock of MMA, and even if Khabib beat him, it would not be as impressive as and good for brand building as beating TFerg. Conor has told us "I only take steps forward" and fighting Aldo is taking a step back, giving Aldo the chance to erase Conor's greatest achievement in a fight that would not nearly sell as well as Conor vs Nate or Conor vs Khabib/TFerg.

MMA has devolved into everyone wanting the Conor golden ticket, and who can blame them with the pay being 10x higher. And if you manage to beat him like Nate, you can basically name your price for the rematch. Even if people aren't actively campaigning for the fight, they are silently campaigning by calling him names or trying to capture another belt he may be interested in (like Cowboy).

Aldo got close to perfect takedown defense. So it make sense..

Agreed with most others here, why would Khabib give Aldo the light of day? He got wrecked by Conor and will now be remembered as the guy who got dropped in 13s than anything else. Destroying Aldo does nothing for Khabib, not to mention Aldo is the smaller fighter. Khabib needs to take on stiffer competition like Mickey Gall, Gilbert Melendez, and Tony, en route to a fight against Conor. I think a decision win over Aldo would actually harm Khabib's own legacy and argument for a title shot against the GOAT.

Back