So Jones haters will finally learn...

Tell me which hater even talks about him being a bad fighters?

It's a unanimously accepted fact that's he's top 3 p4p.

I just dislike him and also happen to like DC. They happen to be fighting and I happen to be rooting for DC.

No worries man. You just took my post way too serious. Obviously my life isn't dictated by anything any of these fighters do (apart from Roxy who is a truly close friend). My tongue-in-cheek point was that it's always nice when the front-runner fans have to hide for a week.

Equally annoying though, is the haters who revel for that same week. But given all the crap they had to deal with from holier-than-though fanboys.... there's a bit of a pass to give :wink:

Anyway, it's all good. It's Sherdog.

Haha, yeah I did. I normally don't take things too serious as it pertains to what is posted here, as I'm sure my posting history can attest to...It's just when it comes to the subject of Jones...man can it get polarizing. I try not to be the negative aspect of a fighter's career or at least add on to it...but I must admit, at least not openly, I can be against the prevailing sentiment.

I'm not even that convinced, because Jones is pretty unprecedented in MMA. I mean, if asked most of us back when he destroyed Shogun whether or not he'd have the run he has, we'd probably all say "hell no, that's impossible". yet he's done it.
I may be completely wrong about all of this, but history has shown I'm right; Jon has a very good habit of making history look pretty stupid though

I respect your conjecture. Jones is a peculiar character in the MMA landscape. I just think his peculiarity is what is going to ultimately make him the best of all time. Jones will eventually lose, unless he just suddenly retires...I will hate to see it, but I'm mature enough to except it.

No worries man. You just took my post way too serious. Obviously my life isn't dictated by anything any of these fighters do (apart from Roxy who is a truly close friend). My tongue-in-cheek point was that it's always nice when the front-runner fans have to hide for a week.

Equally annoying though, is the haters who revel for that same week. But given all the crap they had to deal with from holier-than-though fanboys.... there's a bit of a pass to give :wink:

Anyway, it's all good. It's Sherdog.

Oh also, I meant to ask...do you mean Roxanne Modaferri?

Yeah, the interim CEO was a badass and me/him/Rona were making money. I made the Hayabusa deal happen. We were going to be free-live on YouTube with big sponsorship spots. We even had Fedor coming out to the 20th Anniversary show. Then suddenly the brother of the former CEO made a powerplay and the show quickly took a nosedive.

It still has a chance to rebound and quite frankly, for the sake of the fighters I kinda hope it does. But I had to leave the position. It wasn't worth the emotional and mental punishment that's involved with dealing with an emotionally/mentally unstable boss who is tanking the company out of sheer pride.

But all that said, I still get to hang with Roxy, Dunham, Drysdale, and many industry insiders on the regular. I actually have a big bone to pick with AdamHunter who straight-up snubbed me for the show he did here the other night. I'LL GET YOU ADAM!!!! :icon_evil

Down with hunter.
And that's all really interesting and makes sense. I really wanted to make it to the 20th anniversary show but got work pwnt.

Oh also, I meant to ask...do you mean Roxanne Modaferri?

Oh, yes sir. I assume everyone knows who I mean since... I'm pretty sure she's the only "roxy" right? Maybe I'm forgetting someone.

Btw, just so y'all understand how small-world Vegas is. The guy doing the video is McGregor's manager head. The guy who does the Ferttita's entertainment-center work for their mansions was with him. HJC was across from us, and Miesha/Bryan were also there in the booth behind us wholly by chance.
Kfkn3Hw.jpg

[YT]EIeUQxoJwFU[/YT]

Down with hunter.
And that's all really interesting and makes sense. I really wanted to make it to the 20th anniversary show but got work pwnt.

You missed a good'n. That was a hell of a show.

Oh, yes sir. I assume everyone knows who I mean since... I'm pretty sure she's the only "roxy" right? Maybe I'm forgetting someone.

Kfkn3Hw.jpg

[YT]EIeUQxoJwFU[/YT]

Ha, just making sure! Absolute fan of her's. Awesome shit. She's a really cool person. Sorry for the disrespect.

Ha, just making sure! Absolute fan of her's. Awesome shit. She's a really cool person. Sorry for the disrespect.

Seriously, don't worry about it. If I have to deal with Mike Pyle's shit I can handle Sherdog's #namedrop :icon_lol:

Also, notice Roxy couldn't hit me with the first coaster? She missed me probably 3-4 times on her first shot. Honestly..... how is she so good at MMA and so awkward everywhere else?

Seriously, don't worry about it. If I have to deal with Mike Pyle's shit I can handle Sherdog's #namedrop :icon_lol:

Also, notice Roxy couldn't hit me with the first coaster? She missed me probably 3-4 times on her first shot. Honestly..... how is she so good at MMA and so awkward everywhere else?

Haha, Maybe her peripheral vision is bad? I hear that when she fights, her opponent is just a blur to her. Anyway man, good shit...have a good one!

that he is just an awesome fighter after he beats Cormier?

Im pretty impressed on how some of you guys took this whole situation to the point that most of sherdoggers are here praising DC as the 2nd coming of Christ or something...
Damn, according to the vbookie and the official Poll people are actually picking Cormier over p4p Jones? That is just pure hate.

If you go to any betting site Jones is still a moderate favourite as he should be, so people who really "put their money where their mouth is" are picking the champion here.

Hopefully after tomorrows night we are done with this madness and we can pass to McGOAT hype...

I am a Jones hater and it's pretty obvious to me that he's an awesome fighter. You really have it all wrong...99% of jones haters don't hate his fighting, they hate him because he's a douche.

that he is just an awesome fighter after he beats Cormier?

Im pretty impressed on how some of you guys took this whole situation to the point that most of sherdoggers are here praising DC as the 2nd coming of Christ or something...
Damn, according to the vbookie and the official Poll people are actually picking Cormier over p4p Jones? That is just pure hate.

If you go to any betting site Jones is still a moderate favourite as he should be, so people who really "put their money where their mouth is" are picking the champion here.

Hopefully after tomorrows night we are done with this madness and we can pass to McGOAT hype...

Theres a reason so many people and fighters are predicting Cormier to win... thats because they beleive it. Why knock the logic of others? Everyone has their own opinion and way to analyze fights. Get over it bro.. the fact u r complaining about this is laughable, just quit posting and be quietly smarter than the rest of us by backing jones

You missed a good'n. That was a hell of a show.

:(
But for real dude, quit being lame and let's grab a drink sometime. Another sherdogger is going to be here for the fights and we're probably going to knock one back on Sunday.

I know I'm not a D level celebrity so you don't have time for me, but i'll allow you to be graced with my presence.

Back