So.. Jones at HW.

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score
Stipe and Ngannou rattle his head off the canvass..?

<{jackyeah}>

I wonder how many guys still think he outwrestles either of them and finishes them on the ground.

But anyways: mad propz to Reyes. Striking and takedown defense was on point.

Last edited:
It's hard to say. While I believe that Jones is technically a better fighter than everyone at Heavyweight, the guys at Heavyweight hit harder than everyone Jon has ever fought. And Reyes did hurt Jon a few times tonight. So who knows. I think it's 50/50 at the moment.
<Fedor23>

Jones wins via having more than 3 minutes of cardio

Jones has no business fighting Francis. He would die lol

He will move to heavyweight when monsters like Francis and Stipe retire.

It's hard to say. While I believe that Jones is technically a better fighter than everyone at Heavyweight, the guys at Heavyweight hit harder than everyone Jon has ever fought. And Reyes did hurt Jon a few times tonight. So who knows. I think it's 50/50 at the moment.
<Fedor23>

True. I'm not sure Reyes really hurt him too bad, as in full on stagger him but he sure did stagger him. I still think he pieces up Miocic, not sure about Francis.

Gets put out in the first round and spends the next month or two with his jaw wired shut.

He's not stupid.

He's going nowhere NEAR the division that adds another 60 pounds.

Francis will gas out and Stipe can not see anymore

Idk if his chin can hold up against hws then again it's Jon fkn Jones were talking about

If his strategy continues to be to apply "relentless pressure" by moving forward and largely relying on his toughness to survive and wear out his opponents over the first 3 rounds, Frank and Stipe might kill him.

True. I'm not sure Reyes really hurt him too bad, as in full on stagger him but he sure did stagger him. I still think he pieces up Miocic, not sure about Francis.
My point is if Reyes can stagger Jones and make him panic wrestle then what do you think will happen if Stipe, let alone Francis hits Jon with a big hook or uppercut? And the size and power of those big Heavyweights will make it hard for Jones to take them down as well. I think the Heavyweights would give Jones a lot of problems, and Jones knows it. That's why Jones hasn't gone up to Heavyweight despite the fact that he cleared out his division.

Back