So Izzy's talkin bout fighting Stipe now

That guy is the #1 ranked kickboxer in the world. That's like saying you got submitted by a BJJ world champion so what chance do you have against Usman?
Wtf are you talking about? Israel's specialty is kickboxing. The fact that he's part of a more all-encompassing sport only hurts his chances against the top hw of said sport. There's a reason why they call the hw mma champion the baddest man on the planet. Stipe would utterly demolish Alex Pereira.

Wtf are you talking about? Israel's specialty is kickboxing. The fact that he's part of a more all-encompassing sport only hurts his chances against the top hw of said sport. There's a reason why they call the hw mma champion the baddest man on the planet. Stipe would utterly demolish Alex Pereira.
Kickboxing is a different sport. How do you know Stipe would win in kickboxing? An all-encompassing sport doesn't prove shit when we're discuss a single area of combat. You cherry picking Israel's lone KO loss in over 80 fights in kickboxing to the world champion is a terrible example. It is entire possible for Israel to outclass Stipe on the feet, the only threat is grappling due to the weight difference.

Please book it, I see it looking like Ngannou decapitating Overeem

Kickboxing is a different sport. How do you know Stipe would win in kickboxing? An all-encompassing sport doesn't prove shit when we're discuss a single area of combat. You cherry picking Israel's lone KO loss in over 80 fights in kickboxing to the world champion is a terrible example. It is entire possible for Israel to outclass Stipe on the feet, the only threat is grappling due to the weight difference.
I didn't cherry pick shit, as I'm not the one who posted the video. The point I was making is that there's a big difference between the #1 p4p fighter and being the hw champion in kickboxing, mma, or whatever. It's merely a coincidence that the #1 p4p kickboxer was in Israel's weight class. If the #1 p4p was in a lighter weight class, do I think he'd be able to hang with Adesanya on the feet? No. Would I have bet on the best versions of either Izzy or Pereira to go up and beat a prime Cro Cop in a kickboxing match? Fuck no. Why? It's not that Cro Cop was necessarily any more skilled, but it's the difference in strength, frame, and head size. Israel's power isn't anything to write home about by MW standards. He's been able to beat guys his size through his technical skills. Technique becomes much less of a factor when you're dealing with a guy who has eaten shots from Cormier and Ngannou, who's might not be quite as technically sound on the feet as Israel, but is still a damn good striker. Stipe could walk through a few clean shots from Israel and then put him to sleep with only one of his own. For fuck's sake Izzy got rocked by fucking Gastelum, and you think he could go outclass Stipe on the feet? Anybody who seriously believes that belongs in a group home.

Ummm, no.

giphy.gif

If that guy can do that to Izzy, imagine Stipe power.
Alex Pereira is a beast though. He's ranked the #1 middleweight in the world.

Pretty sure all the best kickboxers are ko'd at some point

Last edited:
I didn't cherry pick shit, as I'm not the one who posted the video. The point I was making is that there's a big difference between the #1 p4p fighter and being the hw champion in kickboxing, mma, or whatever. It's merely a coincidence that the #1 p4p kickboxer was in Israel's weight class. If the #1 p4p was in a lighter weight class, do I think he'd be able to hang with Adesanya on the feet? No. Would I have bet on the best versions of either Izzy or Pereira to go up and beat a prime Cro Cop in a kickboxing match? Fuck no. Why? It's not that Cro Cop was necessarily any more skilled, but it's the difference in strength, frame, and head size. Israel's power isn't anything to write home about by MW standards. He's been able to beat guys his size through his technical skills. Technique becomes much less of a factor when you're dealing with a guy who has eaten shots from Cormier and Ngannou, who's might not be quite as technically sound on the feet as Israel, but is still a damn good striker. Stipe could walk through a few clean shots from Israel and then put him to sleep with only one of his own. For fuck's sake Izzy got rocked by fucking Gastelum, and you think he could go outclass Stipe on the feet? Anybody who seriously believes that belongs in a group home.
I never said Alex was #1 p4p I said he was the world champion at Izzy's weight class.

That's just talk to keep him relevant. He will never fight a Heavyweight in the UFC.

He needs to chill.hes starting to sound like BJ Penn back in the day
BJ did alright moving around in weight classes in his prime. I mean shit he took Machida to a decision and beat an unstoppable Hughes at WW. Penn had excellent ground and sub game and a granite chin at the time though. Two things Izzy's lacking. His chins not horrible but I doubt it holds up at HW.

Back