So, I've been challenged to a fight...

I dont think he thinks its real.. But I believe he thinks that pro wrestlers are legitimate athletes (most are) with legit submission wrestling skills (most were pre-1980's)...

This isn't about being a pussy. This is about respecting yourself as a martial artist and not taking up pointless fights. Especially against such an unworthy opponent and you are both 30.

Hello there you should make it an only grappling match on mats with submissions and take out all the striking en kicking on the ground and standing or this will get out of handed with someone who doens''t now shit plus there is also the idea thart one good kick or punch at the tombe and it could end in dead....So be wise and make it a grappling match.
Plus i will put anyday money on someone who trained bjj above a prowrestling fan.

Training tip :the only submission he would possible now is to put his forearm against your throat when he's in your guard so practice the defends against this where you take his back.

So if is rightarm is pushing grab with right hand his wrist and with your left hand the elbow, push your hips up and pull the arm to your rightside then you encircling your arm around his back move your hips out and you got it RNC

Goodluck!!!

Bama Zulu said:
This isn't about being a pussy. This is about respecting yourself as a martial artist and not taking up pointless fights. Especially against such an unworthy opponent and you are both 30.
At least somebody is talking sense in this retarded thread.

i FORGET one thing to mention tell him to tap with his freehand and then show it to him.

I wouldn't call this a fight so much as a challenge of sorts. It is pretty silly but if they are planning to go ahead with it, we might as well indulge oossenti until we get video of it for entertainment.

Alternatively he could explain how Tito Ortiz "knocked out" Jeff Jarrett in TNA on one of their PPVs, thus showing the MMA fighter's clear superiority over even championship caliber pro wrestlers. ;)

been there done that......

Take him down....go for a sub.

keep your hands up and if you end up on your back, tie him up....if you cant keep ahold of him, use your knees and feet to push him back, and retry for a better position....

if you are gonna do what I do, and refuse to strike, remember to stay relaxed....especially when he isnt gassed and is trying to knock your block off....if you tense up, youre gonna really get hurt pal. Dont assume just because he knows nothing that he isnt dangerous....

I am 5'6, 150 lbs, and the dude I went up against was around 6'3, 200, 210. I suck at takedowns, but even still Ive done alright against people relatively my size....his legs were long and he was tough to take down...often I got him down but I ended up on bottom in a scramble, and had to work my gaurd.

This kid would like to do it again....Ive been thinking about it...but this time around, I get to strike too....I took too many hits last time.

He has decided on doing the match, where did he ask for opinions on moral aspects, maturity, etc.. of fighting? Was an interesting thread until people started filling it with that crap.

My point is just to stay on the damn topic, it's like asking for correct steroid usage in the supp. forum and getting replies that say its bad for you, don't do it.

To hell with that. He's a grown man that's acting like a moron. Telling him not to do it is just as valid an opinion as people giving him advice on how to kick the other guy's ass. If he wants to fight that bad, contact a promoter and do it in a fucking cage. It's stupid shit like this that feeds into the stereotypes about combat sports and its practitioners. Why feed the shitstorm?

I laughed at the Human Stun Gun Karate guy against the BJJ guys and news reporter woman, I laughed at the Karate guy KOing the pimp who walks across the road all pumped up, I laughed at the guy that got KO'd out of his shoes by another person who just jumps out a car, I look forward to laughing at out of shape guy vs trained martial artist and SD poster. I doubt this is going to be that significant or on the level of Gannon vs Kimbo in terms of internet infamy but I can always do with a laugh. Hell, maybe they are grown men with jobs, but isn't that ll the more reason to let them do what they want? Maybe it gets boring at work for these two. I don't see how this is worse than the whole Gracie Challenge thing.

yeah....I have to leave for work in a few so I cant dig up the thread right now...but long story short, he hit me in the face a lot, and then I got his back and choked him out.

lee.l. said:
To hell with that. He's a grown man that's acting like a moron. If he wants to fight that bad, contact a promoter and do it in a fucking cage. It's stupid shit like this that feeds into the stereotypes about combat sports and its practitioners. Why feed the shitstorm?

"He's a grown man"

- Exactly, so stay on topic with his question instead of trying to be his mother

"Telling him not to do it is just as valid an opinion as people giving him advice on how to kick the other guy's ass. "

-They are both valid opinions, but what did he ask for valid opinions on? I dont recall him asking for a valid opinion on if it's smart/moral/mature to fight.

"It's stupid shit like this that feeds into the stereotypes about combat sports and its practitioners. Why feed the shitstorm?"

-You can start by going to the Gracie academy and scolding them for trying to prove their MA through the Gracie Challenge, then move on to tiny instances like this that will have relatively no effect on "feeding the shitstorm" :D

personally, anything that boosts the memory of #1 Plumber is ok with me.

Back