So, I've been challenged to a fight...

Why are people always so set against fights? Dude, you guys, it's a match. Does that make it better for you? My friends and I put on boxing gloves and "fight" outside at the park all the time. Oh no, how terrible... This isn't like two drunk guys brawling at the bar. This is two acquaintances having a match. In a fight there is no tapping and you stop hitting when you want, big difference between that and this.

Give him a small BJJ lesson. Basically pretend he is some newbie coming in intent on showing off how good they are, but you gotta put them in place while at the same time teaching them something while at the same time not hurting them.

So eg. use guard, get into triangle, keep control. Start talking to him....."oh this is the triangle submission, it is quite a dominant position once you get them into it......see if I apply pressure it starts acting as a choke. If I shift my hips this way and bring my legs down, I can reverse position and instead of being on the bottom, I'm on the top. That is called a sweep." etc. etc. etc.

Do not hurt the guy. That would be more trouble than it is worth. I agree with not going for any joint locking techniques.

I think the teacher thing is to humble the guy but not to humiliate him. There's a difference.

You should never have said the no punching thing - however you don't want to hurt the man as you have to work with him - So i suggest a very simple stratergy, sub him as fast as you can and don't crank it.

I ofen forget how easy it is to get the back of someone that doesn't train, untill someone new comes in - altho being form the UK I don't know if this would apply to someone that wrestled in highschool over ten years ago?

But anyway, if you can: armdrag, take his back standing, RNC (hooks if needed), tap - point proved.

If strikes are allowed - ideally go for the takedown - or just pull guard and sweep right away - get to mount, GnP - chances are he'll either reach up to try to grab at you in which case armbar him or more likely he'll turn over and give his back - at which point RNC again (as always with the RNC if you can't get the neck just crush his jaw, he'll tap all the same)

The quicker you finish this guy the more valid your point will seem, however like I say you don't want to hurt him if it can be avoided.

since he is bigger and has wrestling experience he will rush you and try to get you to the ground and pin you.

My experience with this type is they are very easy to gullotine. Keep it in mind.

Take his back and choke him out.

yeah u dont wann hurt him by screwing up his arms or knees but you can tell what u will do depending on how dirty it gets..
Remember in the wwe they still will pull hair and poke eyes so watch that crap.
Also IF he still remembers his wrestling watch out for him tying you up. he "might" be able to throw you so hard that it can knock the wind out of you and then he will prove his theory to be correct cuz once that fat guy has all his weight on you in a mount type psotion he is free to punch or elbow you.

I would suggets baiting him to shoot (if he'll take it, dunno cuz of his weight) by standing erect and even throwing a leg out there for him to grab.
When he does go for the guillotine. He will not be used to this feeling and should tap out for ya.

Good Luck.

Everyone needs to stop acting like little girls about this. It

Oh, and a coworker NEEDS to take video of this, and it NEEDS to be posted here.

Thanks

Really triso? I would avoid the triangle from the bottom personally if he's a big guy that likes pro wrestling, as he'll probabaly try to drop you on your head.

Al also agree that this NEEDS to be video'd and posted here

I know what you mean Terrier, but he is probably not going to know wtf is happening, and as long as he sets it up right and hooks the leg, it would be pretty hysterical for him to be able to say that

mepersoner said:
Why are people always so set against fights? Dude, you guys, it's a match.
No. A match is against another trained competitor. This is an ego booster against a fat, middle aged hulkamaniac that wouldn't know effective fighting if it kicked him in the nuts. The fact that he works with the guy complicates the matter even further. Grow the fuck up.

this will never happen, everytime I have read about such a match on the interent it never has happened

fake witht he hands and strike with the knees... he hasnt trained in about 20 years but his natural reaction would be to go for the takedown...

im with everyone else that has said to chop away with low kicks and pepper him with strikes until you force a paniky takedown. then sprawl hard and start working a guilotine/move to the back. finish with rnc.

but seriously, if you're any good at mt, boxing, and bjj, you can totally toy with his ass and deal with the whole thing in a somewhat gentle way. no need to get brutal, so imo you should take out elbows, stomps and soccer kicks on the ground....just an idea, this isnt pride.

The reason I suggested no punching on my part is because I don't want to hurt him. Sure, I may take one or two myself, but that doesn't bother me. I'm trying to keep this as grappling-oriented as I can, to demonstrate BJJ to him. (That's why I posted this here in the grappling forum). As far as joint locks, I plan on staying upper-body. The potential ref has enough knowledge of MMA to know when a joint is fully locked, and will stop it even if he doesn't tap. And yes, we will be on mats. Trust me, there will be no lawsuits afterwards - just a fat-ass loudmouth that has learned that he's not as bad as he thinks he is.

I'm on my lunchbreak now. I'm gonna go see if he's made a decision yet.

Update this afternoon...

Teach the guy a lesson, but be careful in doing it. The leg kicks are definitely good advice, but be careful about not hitting the knee. He'll shoot, for sure, or rush. Being that big, he's bound to be slow (because of the out of shape factor, cuz not all big guys are slow). Just sprawl and circle or duck and circle (if he rushes), take the back, and do what you want from there. Don't know how strong you are, but if you can get an upper body crucifix, it's a good move to use in a situation like this.

How sad is it that there are people out there who actually believe Pro wrestling is for real?

Back