So is Rumble the greatest talent to never become great?

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
in the sense, he should of been a GOAT up their with GSP, Silva etc.

I mean he was pretty freaking great, there's no shame in losing to DC.

I consider Rumble one of the greatest forces ever.

He COULD have, Should have implies he had all the skills, and while on the surface he has Vicious KO Power, and good wrestling to boot, there's more to winning than just fighting. When it comes to the Fighting aspect I don't think anyone denies that the dude had Championship qualities, but when we look into his Mental...that's where it goes down hill.

Physical Attributes are good and all, but the Fight Game is still mostly a mental game, and that's unfortunately where Rumble fell short. Having all the tools mean nothing, if you don't have the right mental to use them. Whenever the going got tough, he folded, gave up his back, and got RNC'ed(Yes, I know, like Conor)

This is gonna sound harsh but he's mentally weak minded, and he's very open about being disappointed in himself for not living up to his Potential. In an AOF Video about Usman winning the belt, you could see it in his eyes when he talks about it. He knows deep down he fucked up.

He was top five in a couple divisions, that’s pretty elite IMO

He COULD have, Should have implies he had all the skills, and while on the surface he has Vicious KO Power, and good wrestling to boot, there's more to winning than just fighting. When it comes to the Fighting aspect I don't think anyone denies that the dude had Championship qualities, but when we look into his Mental...that's where it goes down hill.

Physical Attributes are good and all, but the Fight Game is still mostly a mental game, and that's unfortunately where Rumble fell short. Having all the tools mean nothing, if you don't have the right mental to use them. Whenever the going got tough, he folded, gave up his back, and got RNC'ed(Yes, I know, like Conor)

This is gonna sound harsh but he's mentally weak minded, and he's very open about being disappointed in himself for not living up to his Potential. In an AOF Video about Usman winning the belt, you could see it in his eyes when he talks about it. He knows deep down he fucked up.
I liked your post till I scrolled to the bottom and saw this lmao:
Favorite Fighters:
Welterweight: Tyron "The Chosen One" Woodley

He wasn't THAT good, bruh...

He had bricks for fists but he had his weaknesses.

Nah.

Hes had freakish power, but he had many weaknesses.

Lack of heart, cardio, bad ground game.

I'd say Gus takes the cake since he didn't fold in the two biggest spots of his career, but rather thrived.

I liked your post till I scrolled to the bottom and saw this lmao:
Favorite Fighters:
Welterweight: Tyron "The Chosen One" Woodley

LMFAO, I can't change my Sig without it spamming all these Violations, trust me that list should look a lot differently, but Sherdog done fucked up.

IT Team the Piece of Shit.
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Kalib Starnes. Guy was crazy talented but couldn't get his head on straight

I always wanted to see him fight GSP at Welterweight, I think he could've kicked Georges head off his shoulders.

no cardio. i don't respect fighters with no cardio. so no.

Back