So is Nonito back or something?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
i have not been able to watch a fight of his during this resurgence

Tell me is it for real?

Hard to say. In his second to last fight he appeared on his way to losing a decision before his opponent suffered a freak back injury and retired. In his last outing he beat a last minute replacement. I guess we’ll find out in November.

Back at a weight class where he will have size + elite skill. Inoue is a tough ask though. Even prime noni might have his face blown off.

Nonito is going to be absolutely destroyed by Inoue.

i have not been able to watch a fight of his during this resurgence

Tell me is it for real?
No, he is still inconsistent. His title win against that UK guy was a fluke lol it was a freak injury and he got the win off a technicality. That Japanese guy will destroy him or make him quit.

Nonito still has power it showed in his last fight but that guy was a late replacement, this young Inoue is too much of a monster.

All Nonito has is his left hook punchers chance if he cant land that look for him to get destroyed badly

i think inoue will fuck him up something fierce, and this is in no way criticism of nonito. he's just facing an outstanding opponent.

Hard to say. In his second to last fight he appeared on his way to losing a decision before his opponent suffered a freak back injury and retired. In his last outing he beat a last minute replacement. I guess we’ll find out in November.

Stop being biased. You sound like the Euro press and the commentators. That was no freak back injury he got walking across the ring. It was caused by a left hook from Donaire so this was a legit TKO (5th). Burnett even admitted this between rounds. He quit soon after since he was basically immobile and couldn't throw the right.

Donaire was already starting to take over in the 3rd when he landed that shot that caused the injury to Burnett. Donaire's defense sucked though.

If Inoue engages in a firefight I could see Donaire winning. No idea if this will happen.

Stop being biased. You sound like the Euro press and the commentators. That was no freak back injury he got walking across the ring. It was caused by a left hook from Donaire so this was a legit TKO (5th). Burnett even admitted this between rounds. He quit soon after since he was basically immobile and couldn't throw the right.

Donaire was already starting to take over in the 3rd when he landed that shot that caused the injury to Burnett. Donaire's defense sucked though.

If Inoue engages in a firefight I could see Donaire winning. No idea if this will happen.
Biased? Towards Ryan Burnett? I’d never heard of the guy before the fight, and wasn’t exactly blown away by his performance. But he was winning and did appear likely to cruise to a UD - before he overextended throwing a punch and fucked himself up. It was no punch from Donaire, unfortunately.

Freak accidents happen in boxing often enough. Just look at Gabe Ruelas or Pernell Whitaker.

i think inoue will fuck him up something fierce, and this is in no way criticism of nonito. he's just facing an outstanding opponent.
Nonito is damaged and past his prime. I wouldn't be shocked if Inoue knocks him out in the first round.

He punched his spine?

Still in denial huh?

Burnett statement after

"My assessments have been completed, and diagnosed that I have torn muscle fibres in my right internal oblique, where a portion of the muscle has also detached from the bone where it inserts."

Now look at 2:47 below and you'll see the left hook land right where the right internal oblique is located. Amazing coincidence huh? After that shot Burnett retreats into the corner where Donaire continues to land. The round ends 24 seconds later.

Then skip to 3:39 where he tells his corner he can't move his hip because he took a shot there. He says hip but that's not where the shot landed.

Same. Nonito is pretty old, even at his peak this would be a big test due to how good Inoue is. Given his age it’s hard to see Donaire winning.

I think Nonito is still capable in the division, but I don't think that will be shown when he fights Inoue. Monster is probably going to stop him.

Still in denial huh?

Burnett statement after

"My assessments have been completed, and diagnosed that I have torn muscle fibres in my right internal oblique, where a portion of the muscle has also detached from the bone where it inserts."

Now look at 2:47 below and you'll see the left hook land right where the right internal oblique is located. Amazing coincidence huh? After that shot Burnett retreats into the corner where Donaire continues to land. The round ends 24 seconds later.

Then skip to 3:39 where he tells his corner he can't move his hip because he took a shot there. He says hip but that's not where the shot landed.

Just curious, I dont remember much talk about it at the time. Cool video though.

I can see Donaire landing a couple of good shots before Inoue takes him out of here. I think Inoue had the beard to keep going.

Just curious, I dont remember much talk about it at the time. Cool video though.

Nothing from the msm that I can recall. As usual today, fans on the internet have more info than the msm. Msm's job has always been to push the narrative that supports what is in the best interests of them and their owners.

Sorta. He beat Burnett, who is good. The ending was unfortuante but he was doing well enough that it shouldn't be written off as a mere fluke. He also beat Young, who isn't a bad fighter. Had he beaten Tete we would have a much better idea but overall he's put together a nice little streak since the loss to Frampton. He probably gets leveled by Inoue but Donaire's definitely a credible player at 118 right now.

Back