So, is Maia subbing Askren or what?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Have a feeling Maia will snatch a limb and sub Askren in this first....

Thoughts?

Maia was all over Rocco last fight and didn't really sniff a sub. I think Askren dominates him

Last edited:
He's gonna outstrike him I think....

K-1 Maia

Last edited:
FLying Knee KO , cmon now, 2/2, wouldn't that be epic

Maia is more of a dominating BJJ guy than a bottom guard player, he likes passing guard and working dominant positions until he gets a submission. Askren will want to put him on his back. Not a lot of people dared that approach. It will answer questions on both guys and I can't get a pick honestly.

I figure it probably turns into a kickboxing match.

I see this fight being similar to Maia/ Shields

I think we are risking a piss poor stand up "battle".
And a decision. I see a lot of booing

Askren via being motivated to fight better after getting his clock cleaned and going from undefeated GOAT to laughing stock in 1 hit

Askren will take a nap on Maia. Maia is too old (inhibited flexibility and gasses early) and hasn't subbed anyone off his back in forever.

Doubt it. I see Askren landing takedowns and controlling Maia on the ground. If Maia goes for a limb, Askren is going to unleash the funk.

People predicting a kick boxing match are dopes. Askren is very anti Head trauma you think he will change this incase Maia subs him off his back?

it will be the most boring fight ever
backpack vs backpack

...i can see Maia submit Askren

And Maia is definetly the better stand up guy between them two...so we might get an ugly KB fight

unfortunately Maia's age will be an inhibiting factor. he needs to train with Alexi Oleynik and go for an Ezekiel choke off his back, how cool would that be to sub Askren with that?!

Back