So is Jake Ellenberger just not that good?

He's scared of getting hit. Needs a sports psychologist bad.

GSP got one after his loss to Serra. He never lost again.

The Kampman fight really set him back. He was on a tear and then he got TKO'd pretty badly. Now he's rather hesitant to unload.

his corner sucked

You kidding me, bro? I couldn't believe that brilliant advice of "throw both hands" before the 3rd round didn't get Ellenberger the win. Edmond really dropped some serious knowledge on him with that one.

Needs a change with his training camp

He cracks mentally when shit doesn't go his way, I'd stick him on the prelims fighting Mike Pierce next.

Another L in his next 2 fights I would say cut him

Losing against Lawler isn't embarrassing. He's a monster.

Ellenberger is a great fighter, I don't think he's overrated. That wasn't a good night for him, as simple as that.

Ellenberger is the new Denis Kang

But in all seriousness, the man is skilled and dangerous. He needs to hit his stride and show aggression. When he came out guns blazing in the third he hurt Lawler. Unfortunately it appeared he broke his hand. If he had attempted to blitz Lawler earlier who knows if the result would have been better. However, I think he learned from that and will be much more active in his next bout.

The change in the 3rd round was I'd say more down to Lawler thinking he might be able to push forward a bit more and get a finish which gave Ellenberger the chance to exchange.

Back