So is it safe to say UFC is gonna hold onto CM Punk for 1 more fight?

The guy just sucks at real fighting. But at fake fights the guy is a genius. I don't know if he would take this as a compliment or insult.

He would definitely take that as an insult even though it's completely true. The guy is so delusional it's kind of shocking. He says he just did one thing wrong in the Mickey Gall fight when in reality he did nothing right. "Zigged when he should have zagged" he said, haha.

Bullshit mothafucka he fought a future champ in his debut at 36. Do that shit vato. Matter of fact lets any one of us step into a cage with no experience and fight a fucking killer. Any takers?
giphy.gif
you wanna blow him. We get it. Have at it.

He would definitely take that as an insult even though it's completely true. The guy is so delusional it's kind of shocking. He says he just did one thing wrong in the Mickey Gall fight when in reality he did nothing right. "Zigged when he should have zagged" he said, haha.
I mean he was simply outmatched. Gall 24. With 8 years of BJJ experience. He's as legit as they come. I'd even say Gall has UFC level grappling. (Still needs lots of work on his stand up) but his grappling is solid. The thing about prowrestling these days is none of it can be applied to real fighting. Back in the day with Lou Thez they used to train real catch wrestling. Like Sakuraba is the last of a dying breed. What Punk did for 17-18 years of his life can't be applied ANYWHERE in a real fight. This is just where wrestling is right now. They want to see flashy moves and flashy spots and back flips.

yeah but why didn't he like his boss? You gotta take the blinders off. At first I blamed WWE and triple H for being impossible to work with. Then I became more objective and realized he's the fucking problem too. Had too big of a fucking ego. They had to give him the longest running title run in the modern era to appease him. That's fucking selfish as shit.
One major problem in all of this is that having grievances with the company was part of Punk's wrestling character, so it's hard to tell how much of that was real and how much was just part of the show. And it's easy for wrestling fans to hate on Triple H because his on-screen character has been a total asshole for the better part of 20 years.

I think that sometimes no one is to blame and for whatever reason two people just don't get along.

Heck. I have a person that I am normally friendly with but I absolutely hated as a boss.

Punk lost to Gall....but that was before we knew Gall was a beasssst....now Punk gets last chance. Loser leaves town. Punk Vs Sage.

Promo writes itself. UFC is not about stats and rankings. It is 100000% about how many PPVs they can sell. The fans need to understand that.

I'm glad Gall has proven himself in the octagon after beating Sage. I think any women on the UFC roster could have beaten punk that night.

I wouldn't mind to see it. It's just a very interesting in the aspect of having a guy with no MMA experience (but with a lot of money) start training at a top gym and fighting and then immediately compete at a high level.

I know Gall wasn't really high level at that time, but as much as I hate to say it, he's a legit prospect.

So yes, I would like to see him having another go at it. After having his first fight, his first loss, how will have handled it, did he get better now? I know it's not really fair to other fighters who are doing this for a long time and still can't get good money or a good spot on a good card but that's just how it is.

Back