So...is Gus the fighter most known for his losses?

Losses and complaints?

Everybody knows that he didn't train properly. He just showed up in the gym and beat the fuck out of people. He is the GOAT indeed.

And people want this man banned. Ridiculous.

Only because they’re tired of him beating up their favorite fighters.

Seriously,

All due respect, but based on wins Gus might be the most overrated fighter on the roster right now

Is there another fighter with so few high quality wins over guys in their prime who is held in such high regard?
Not to mention the inactivity, I mean Jon Jones has been a more active fighter than Gus over the past few years

And everytime he stepped up to the plate, he left with an L
Jones out hearted him
DC literally had him running Kalib Starnes style
Rumble took his soul

name another

Jones out hearted him?

Jones damn near lost that fight. DC who currently holds two titles barely best gus as well.

Losing to the best now makes guys terrible fighters?

Ok then

Gus' best win is old man Glover, if not him then it's out of prime Shogun by decision

How he's so highly ranked idk

100%. I honestly can't think of another fighter who is known for losing fights and getting praised for it more than Gus. Dude has literally made a career off losing big fights, never seen anything like it.

Lol even Faber would've been a dominant ufc champ for a bit no doubt if the lighter guys were in UFC at the time.

Also notorious for not fighting but still feeling he deserves title shots. That's what I remember him for.

When I think of Gus I think of the finish against Glover Texiera. As far as skill goes, that's one of the slickest finishes I've seen in an octagon.

Might be a little early making this thread, LHW is a wasteland and he's the only one left...well bump when Gus is champ.

Might be a little early making this thread, LHW is a wasteland and he's the only one left...well bump when Gus is champ.
He will still be known for his loses even if he beats Misha or something for a belt

His record could have been way better with some luck.

Gus was completely neutralizing Davis' wrestling before going for that takedown that got him submitted.

Jones and DC fights could have gone either way.

Rumble's headbutt made the punch impact way worse and even then Gus was not out. Without it he would have probably survived and outlasted Rumble.

Jones out hearted him?

Jones damn near lost that fight. DC who currently holds two titles barely best gus as well.

Losing to the best now makes guys terrible fighters?

Ok then

Terrible fighters was something I never said

and Yes, Jones beat him in the championship rounds
He wanted it more

Gus is the Newcastle United of the UFC

Or the Spurs.

Claims to fame include:

That year we pushed Chelsea
Beat Real Madrid in the group stage
Finished above Arsenal
Etc

He will still be known for his loses even if he beats Misha or something for a belt

I think he will be known TO YOU for the losses but we got a long way to go to be judging a career at it's half way point.

Seriously,

All due respect, but based on wins Gus might be the most overrated fighter on the roster right now

Is there another fighter with so few high quality wins over guys in their prime who is held in such high regard?
Not to mention the inactivity, I mean Jon Jones has been a more active fighter than Gus over the past few years

And everytime he stepped up to the plate, he left with an L
Jones out hearted him
DC literally had him running Kalib Starnes style
Rumble took his soul

name another

Maybe to noobs. Gus is known for being a BAMF. Gus SHOULD be known for being Jon Jones' toughest fight. But instead he's too busy pulling out of fights and calling out lower weigh classes. Dude ruined his own career. He should've just kept fighting.

Back