So...is Gus the fighter most known for his losses?

He went life and death with two of the goats, yet you call him the most overrated fighter on the roster. If that's not hating, what is?

If you can fight two goats to what were basically draws, then you cannot be overrated. If he can get healthy, he's got a clear line at that championship now. His book is still being written.

Do you know what "overrated" means?
You can be a great fighter and still be overrated, or overhyped
In this case I think Gus is a good fighter
Not a great one
There's nothing wrong with that

Tito.

HOFer known more for his losses than his wins.

He lost to dc and jones
Kinda like mcgregor losing to mayweather

What are you talking about? McGregor was tko'ed vs Mayweather. Gus sent both DC and Jones to the hospital.

Not a great one

Then what do you mean that Gus is overrated? He is considered a top 3 fighter at LHW by most. That is what he is. He is rated just about right by 95% of people, apart from a couple handfuls of haters who shit on him.

What are you talking about? McGregor was tko'ed vs Mayweather. Gus sent both DC and Jones to the hospital.
So losing is winning nowadays ok sorry im a noob

Gus would be it for me. I love him and he went to razor close decisions with the best.
Rockhold stands out to me for loses as well. But he has loses that we’re un expected

Seriously,

All due respect, but based on wins Gus might be the most overrated fighter on the roster right now

Is there another fighter with so few high quality wins over guys in their prime who is held in such high regard?
Not to mention the inactivity, I mean Jon Jones has been a more active fighter than Gus over the past few years

And everytime he stepped up to the plate, he left with an L
Jones out hearted him
DC literally had him running Kalib Starnes style
Rumble took his soul

name another

Those fights with Jones and DC are not remembered because Gus lost, though. They are remembered because they are the only times in Jones and DC's career someone beat the shit out of them and arguably beat them. Thats why Gus is held in such high regard, not because he lost. Its strange this has to be explained.

And why saying Jones has been more active fighter, when he has fought 4 times since Jones vs Gus back in 2013, while Gus has fought 5. Why making lies like that..

He has 2 highly debated loses to 2 fighters in the GOAT debate. Records don’t say it all, especially in this case.

Not a great one
You cant be overrated and not great if you literally gave two goats the hardest fight of their life.

Isn't Rashad the only clean fighter Bisping ever lost to?

Those fights with Jones and DC are not remembered because Gus lost, though. They are remembered because they are the only times in Jones and DC's career someone beat the shit out of them and arguably beat them. Thats why Gus is held in such high regard, not because he lost. Its strange this has to be explained.

And why saying Jones has been more active fighter, when he has fought 4 times since Jones vs Gus back in 2013, while Gus has fought 5. Why making lies like that..

All you're arguing here is that he's held in such a high regard for being competitive

in losses which is what I said

Then what do you mean that Gus is overrated? He is considered a top 3 fighter at LHW by most. That is what he is. He is rated just about right by 95% of people, apart from a couple handfuls of haters who shit on him.
People put him on level with Jones and DC
I think he doesn't have the resume or skills to be put that high

Jones
DC

Rumble

Gus

In my opinion. I just think he matches up uniquely well as a counter wrestler to the two wresting oriented fighters at the top.

People put him on level with Jones and DC
I think he doesn't have the resume or skills to be put that high

Jones
DC

Rumble

Gus

In my opinion. I just think he matches up uniquely well as a counter wrestler to the two wresting oriented fighters at the top.
If he doesnt have the skills then how come he beat the shit out of jones and dc? And you can make a argument that gus beat both dc and jones
Theres a reason why other than gus,no one has come close to beating both jones and dc

The only guy that really beat gus is rumble and that win is kinda flukeish

Jones and DC are completely different kind of stylistic match up for Gus. Which means it's not about the match up, he is just that good, deal with it.

If he doesnt have the skills then how come he beat the shit out of jones and dc? And you can make a argument that gus beat both dc and jones

The only win that really beat gus is rumble and that win is kinda flukeish
Well he clearly doesn't have the skill because he lost
if he was better he would have won
Matchups matter
You can make any argument you want, but reality is reality

Gustafsson is great, certainly my favourite fighter to watch in the LHW division. But yeah his biggest achievements are giving Cormier and Jones probably their toughest fights (outside of each other obviously).

Back