So is Bisping officially a big fight choker now?

That is a deceptive stat, all of the guys Wanderlei lost to are top 10 all time in their respective weight classes and most of them could be argued top 5 all time in their weight classes, plus they all have way more power than Bisping.

Bisping wouldn't have beaten any of these guys, Cro Cop, Henderson, Liddell, Rampage and Franklin.
Liddell isn't better than Rampage, Evans, Jones, Machida, or Shogun. In fact, three of them have finished him four times. Franklin's only Top 10 or 5 all-time for MW because MW sucks. I'm pretty sure Bisping could beat him.

Liddell isn't better than Rampage, Evans, Jones, Machida, or Shogun. In fact, three of them have finished him four times. Franklin's only Top 10 or 5 all-time for MW because MW sucks. I'm pretty sure Bisping could beat him.

I said most, not all, but I do agree MW has been one of the weaker divisions in MMA's history. I do think Bisping could beat Franklin but I would slightly favor Franklin even now due to Bisping's lack of power.

I would have picked Franklin in 2009 over Bisping by TKO or a dominant UD, Franklin and Bisping are similar(not super atheltic but technical fighters with good cardio and pace, well rounded) but Franklin has more power and a wider array of skills.

he's not a choke artist. he's just not that good. Every time he's gone up against a really good fighter he's lost. simple as that.

A choker is someone who can be the champ and simply can't deliver in the limelight. Bisping is not champion material.

As afore mentioned, Bisping has lost every big fight he has been in.

The only leniency I'll give Bisping is the Rashad fight.

I didn't see any clear winner there.

Not quite. I've been arguing for months that Boetsch is the same as Munoz. They both were ranked high but not all that great. Either way Costa's win over Boetsch is just as big if not bigger than Weidman's win over Munoz. Plus Costa has got a 5 fight UFC winning streak.

With another win Costa would undoubtedly be ahead of Weidman.

Laddies and Gentlemen....

I give you TheCombackkid....

If you need any lessons on how to go completely bat shit crazy? He's the guy you want to talk to.

Not quite. I've been arguing for months that Boetsch is the same as Munoz. They both were ranked high but not all that great. Either way Costa's win over Boetsch is just as big if not bigger than Weidman's win over Munoz. Plus Costa has got a 5 fight UFC winning streak.

With another win Costa would undoubtedly be ahead of Weidman.

lol your fear and spin is delicious.

Ya, according to you a Weidman win over a top 5 and two top 10's means nothing and yet with Costas win over one of the same top 10's (Boetsch) he is right up there if not ahead of Weidman. lol.

Choker? I think that's a pretty harsh term to use. Bisping is just not the elite of the elite, it's as simple as that. Belfort is a tough fight for anyone and his strategy of attacking with body kicks then going high to the head was absolutely brilliant. I think it's safe to say Bisping won't ever be champ, but he'll be around for a long time.

No, he's just not an elite fighter and will always lose against the best, nothing to do with choking.

KenFlo > Bisping

At least KenFlo was able to fight his way to championship matches.

Agree in many points I always felt bisping did not want to face the spider and get humiliated. Perhaps he never thought he was really that good !

I don't think he chokes.

I just think he's honestly not a Top 5 guy. He's gonna sit his entire career around #8 or #9 in the Top 10. He's not getting to these big fights and choking. He's getting to these big fights by sitting around and beating lower tier guys, then getting beaten by clearly superior opponents.

He's not a "Title Contender" quality fighter. It's really just that simple. Brian Stann will be the best guy he's ever beaten, and that fight was a ridiculously lame and boring points-fighting affair.

There's nothing to be ashamed of though. Being #9 in the world is certainly better than 99% of the other guys out there.

Back