So is all of Sherdog in agreement that Conor must defend his title next or else be stripped?

He definitely should vacate if he isn't going to defend it next. Two fights in a row without defending his belt is bad enough, three would be ridiculous. He hasn't even defended it once. That's crazy. I like Conor, but defend the belt or move on from it.

You are probably correct here. Although I don't see what he gains by trying to get the LW belt. If he loses that fight then he would have NO belts. Seems like a bad plan to me.

And if he were to win against Alvarez, he could lay claim to 2 divisions which was his orignal plan.

I know this should go without saying but you never know with Sherdog. Does everyone agree with this or is someone out there going to make a counter argument?

On a side note Aldo did exactly what a guy should do after losing a title like that. He decisively beat the next best guy and earned his rematch. Have to respect that.

I think a champion should be allowed one fun/money fight outside of his weight class only. If he wants more than one, the title must be forfeited.

Yes but I'm 90% sure he will defend it next.

Conor vs Aldo 2 will be arguably the biggest fight of UFC history. This fight have to happen!

Yes,and after Aldo,and 0-3,catch weight/gender fight with Ronda for 0-4

Bumping because Conor is acting like he doesn't want to defend his belt after winning the rematch with Nate. Then he basically dares the UFC to try to give his belt to Aldo because in his opinion it would be weird to give the title to someone who he beat in 13 seconds.

I can't respect a champion who acts like this. Him or Tyron.

Back