So is all of Sherdog in agreement that Conor must defend his title next or else be stripped?

He has not come out and said this, but I think this is the plan:

Lose to Diaz? Fight Aldo at 145
Beat Diaz? vacate the 145 belt Fight Alvarez for the 155 belt

You are probably correct here. Although I don't see what he gains by trying to get the LW belt. If he loses that fight then he would have NO belts. Seems like a bad plan to me.

That would be the most correct thing to do.
However, it would kinda suck because then the FW belt wouldn't mean that much, kinda like DC's.

I believe that the only way to make this right if McGregor wins and fights for the title (wouldn't be deserving, but I think that it will happen) would be to have Aldo vs Cruz in the meantime.
If McGregor wins the LW title, then Aldo could defend against Holloway and go for a super fight against McGregor.

So a title holder doesn't need to defend if he already beat the guy 3 years ago and that guy went undefeated since then? That sounds like BS logic. Conor JUST lost to Nate Diaz but for some reason he gets an instant rematch, AND I bet you supported that rematch didn't you?

I don't think there is much point having a rematch as Conor will get beaten even worse than he did the first time IMO. Holloway hasn't done more than Aldo to deserve a title shot. He's beaten two guys who are FAR from the elite in the division. He should fight Edgar next and if he wins, then he's entitled to a shot.

That would be the most correct thing to do.
However, it would kinda suck because then the FW belt wouldn't mean that much, kinda like DC's.

I believe that the only way to make this right if McGregor wins and fights for the title (wouldn't be deserving, but I think that it will happen) would be to have Aldo vs Cruz in the meantime.
If McGregor wins the LW title, then Aldo could defend against Holloway and go for a super fight against McGregor.

Do you hate Cruz or something? One leg kick from Aldo and Cruz will be making his re-return when he is 42.

If Conor moves up, they should finish the FW and all the lower divs.

I don't think there is much point having a rematch as Conor will get beaten even worse than he did the first time IMO. Holloway hasn't done more than Aldo to deserve a title shot. He's beaten two guys who are FAR from the elite in the division. He should fight Edgar next and if he wins, then he's entitled to a shot.

Actually I changed my mind. If Frankie vs. Max was next then I wouldn't complain about it. That's a good match up. But if Frankie changes divisions or whatever and that fight can't happen then I would say that Max has already done plenty for a title shot. I don't think he absolutely needs another win.

If he wins: Conor vs Alvarez.
Alternatively Conor vs GSP as was originally intended.

Yes of course. THe only person who wanted a DIaz rematch was Conor.

Depends really.I mean if Aldo is injured and conor wants to do him vs eddie and go for the lw belt.Or if he beats Nate and wants to fight Nick then yes strip him as he is just going after money fights then

Holy shit, picture a scenario where an interim title holder defends his title whilst the actual champ is healthy. WTF is going on?

As a big Conor fan, I believe he definitely MUST defend the belt next or surrender it. 100%.

I think it has to be.
If Aldo has to defend his interim, title while Conor fights elsewhere, then he is the champion.

Conor can try to reclaim it (like Jon was trying to do against DC).

But the real champion will be Aldo.

Actually I changed my mind. If Frankie vs. Max was next then I wouldn't complain about it. That's a good match up. But if Frankie changes divisions or whatever and that fight can't happen then I would say that Max has already done plenty for a title shot. I don't think he absolutely needs another win.

I think he is close but having not beaten Aldo, Frankie or Mendes to get there first I think would be weak.

I think he is close but having not beaten Aldo, Frankie or Mendes to get there first I think would be weak.

much much MUCH weaker title shots have been given. Lots of them. Hell I would probably argue that Conor was given a title shot on less (before he had to fight Mendes).

Yeah, I think so.

I don't agree with a lot of people that say he should be stripped now... but if he doezn't fight Aldo next, then they should take it.

My prediction is he beats Diaz, vacates the FW championship and fights for the LW championship.

Max Holloway beats Jose Aldo for the Undisputed FW championship.

All those things you predicted have about a 1% chance of happening.

Yup. Next fight has to be defending his belt.

Even if he loses Conor will never go back to 145 as Aldo is waiting to take the belt back. That is the only thing that keeps Conor relevant and he knows this.

Back